Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,034 members, 7,931,544 topics. Date: Monday, 26 August 2024 at 08:12 AM

The Lagos City Mall At Onikan - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Lagos City Mall At Onikan (15042 Views)

The Man Who Caused A Scare At The Lagos Airport Today Pictured / See What Was Seen At The Lagos Airport Today (photos) / Ikeja City Mall (Shoprite) Escalator Excites Lagosians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Lagos City Mall At Onikan by Maneater1(f): 11:37am On Jan 30, 2007
the place is ok it has a supermkt, lingerie shop, several cafes, a cinema, a bar and even a hotel inside it but people dont go there because its near TBS and touts are known to ahng around there alot. it opened before silverbird and the palms mall but those two are still patronised more than city mall. the location killed it.
Re: The Lagos City Mall At Onikan by niceuzor: 12:53pm On Jan 30, 2007
Too xpensive i guess.
Re: The Lagos City Mall At Onikan by Gamine(f): 4:11pm On Jan 30, 2007
Surely the location killed it!

i have been to the bar there (SWE bar) for a get together , it was tite

chelsea and arsenal were playn that day tho wiv diff clubs and games

it wasnt bad at all grin
Re: The Lagos City Mall At Onikan by edmondo(m): 8:55pm On Jan 30, 2007
@debosky,yeah i live in sabo ' oyadiran estate,
do u there@
Re: The Lagos City Mall At Onikan by dblock(m): 6:38am On Jan 31, 2007
chelsea and arsenal were playn

We all know who won, Gunnerrrrrrrrrrrr grin grin grin
Re: The Lagos City Mall At Onikan by uchetobi(f): 2:48pm On Jan 31, 2007
I have no idea why but maybe cuz of the location city mall seems not to be getting the popularity and patronage enjoyed by the palms and silver bird galleria. The only place that gets good patronage is swe bar… dat place is tight
Re: The Lagos City Mall At Onikan by afrodite20(f): 10:38am On Feb 01, 2007
Yea,
i used to work for their management board, in operations.
the experience was really cool.
check out the bar on the top floor-its called SWE bar
Re: The Lagos City Mall At Onikan by Gamine(f): 3:26pm On Feb 01, 2007
i have been to the bar there (SWE bar) for a get together , it was tite
Re: The Lagos City Mall At Onikan by DaSlEek(m): 11:58pm On Feb 06, 2007
With all these Developments In Lag Now! Dnt ya all think we need a good transport system? unlike the molues and danfo's? something modern maybe a fast train?
Re: The Lagos City Mall At Onikan by Christino(m): 12:37am On Feb 07, 2007
Train? overhead or underground?

Anything underground, just forget it, the Agberos won't let it work, if it's an underground train, maybe it's gonna work but the stations? OMG! safety is just not in our agenda for the next 20 years so scrap that and face reality. Get a POWER BIKE! cheesy
Re: The Lagos City Mall At Onikan by Gamine(f): 3:50pm On Feb 07, 2007
lol
Re: The Lagos City Mall At Onikan by luridguy(m): 3:39pm On Feb 08, 2007
Christino:

Train? overhead or underground?

Anything underground, just forget it, the Agberos won't let it work, if it's an underground train, maybe it's going to work but the stations? OMG! safety is just not in our agenda for the next 20 years so scrap that and face reality. Get a POWER BIKE! cheesy

just imagine what what an ungerground train station in nigeria would look like at night just take ojuelegba at night with 2 times more agberos
Re: The Lagos City Mall At Onikan by 9ja4eva: 9:16pm On Feb 08, 2007
luridguy:

just imagine what what an ungerground train station in nigeria would look like at night just take ojuelegba at night with 2 times more agberos

You right.Well maybe when it comes in they wld have MOPOL round it.Who knows sef?D Agberos need to chop and no work.So its jst somehow sef?
Re: The Lagos City Mall At Onikan by ericfrank: 8:48am On Feb 13, 2007
WHAT IS THIS OBSESSION WITH MALLS?

Seems as if everybody loves the idea of a mall. Why? Is it the shopping, the restaurants or the cinemas? In America and many other parts of the world malls have begun to break up family structures. People just don't entertain at home anymore and children spend entire days playing arcade games instead of reading and broadening their minds. I accept the fact that they are convenient and provide entertainment and spectacle and this alone feels like progress. But, they can be intrusive.

http://fortheloveofafrica..com/
Re: The Lagos City Mall At Onikan by Constantin: 12:42pm On Feb 13, 2007
Eric Frank, Malls are a quintessential aspect of social modern life, we live in the 21 century and no longer in the 19 th century! Asians are the most crazy people about malls, they love shopping like mad and new hyper malls spring up everywhere not a month goes by without an new mall opening! but Asian family structures are very strong and Asian peopel are very traditional, too! Both aspects can be combined.
Look, mall construction is a money generator and a form to fight unemployment and create wealth and it ´s a form of entertainment "to see and be seen" among others. wink
Re: The Lagos City Mall At Onikan by 9ja4eva: 7:50pm On Feb 13, 2007
More malls will spring up soon.
Re: The Lagos City Mall At Onikan by Constantin: 10:43am On Feb 14, 2007
More malls will spring up soon
Do you have any news on that? I am burning for mall news coming out of Nigeria, hoepefully Nigeria will experience the same mall revolution than our Asian developing nations counterparts like India for example which had one single mall in the mid 90´s (for a population of more than 1 BILLION people!!!!), nowadays malls mushroom everywhere across that sub-continent! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: The Lagos City Mall At Onikan by 9ja4eva: 9:44pm On Feb 14, 2007
Constantin:

Do you have any news on that? I am burning for mall news coming out of Nigeria, hoepefully Nigeria will experience the same mall revolution than our Asian developing nations counterparts like India for example which had one single mall in the mid 90´s (for a population of more than 1 BILLION people!!!!), nowadays malls mushroom everywhere across that sub-continent! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Read it up somewhere.
eric frank:

WHAT IS THIS OBSESSION WITH MALLS?

Seems as if everybody loves the idea of a mall. Why? Is it the shopping, the restaurants or the cinemas? In America and many other parts of the world malls have begun to break up family structures. People just don't entertain at home anymore and children spend entire days playing arcade games instead of reading and broadening their minds. I accept the fact that they are convenient and provide entertainment and spectacle and this alone feels like progress. But, they can be intrusive.

http://fortheloveofafrica..com/

Na wa oh
Re: The Lagos City Mall At Onikan by dblock(m): 5:03am On Feb 15, 2007
9ja4eva:

Read it up somewhere.
Na wa oh

$trRUE$
Re: The Lagos City Mall At Onikan by jgirl3: 8:00am On Feb 15, 2007
Dang! I forgot to go there. But i went to the palms one in lekki so much that i almost got tired of the place. It was like an actual cool mall. Nu metro there is way better than silverbird though.
Re: The Lagos City Mall At Onikan by ericfrank: 8:42am On Feb 15, 2007
Ok Constantin. You corrected me very elequently and the points you make are good. If you could design the perfect mall what kind of shops would you have there? What are the big brands you'd sell and what kind of entertainment would you have? I reckon Nigeria as the 6th largest oil producer in the world could challenge Dubai in the mall game.
Re: The Lagos City Mall At Onikan by 9ja4eva: 9:16pm On Feb 15, 2007
j-girl:

Dang! I forgot to go there. But i went to the palms one in lekki so much that i almost got tired of the place. It was like an actual cool mall. Nu metro there is way better than silverbird though.

No argument
Re: The Lagos City Mall At Onikan by dblock(m): 4:51pm On Apr 14, 2007
Infront of Lagos City mall, during the annual Nigeria HipHop Awards
Re: The Lagos City Mall At Onikan by 9ja4eva: 9:22am On Apr 15, 2007
Oh its yellow carpet?Good
Re: The Lagos City Mall At Onikan by dirankola(m): 6:52pm On Aug 02, 2007
city mall will later boom depending on the ingenuity of the management to select classical retailers and services which will capture another segment of the market, simple.
Re: The Lagos City Mall At Onikan by 9ja4eva: 2:51pm On Aug 04, 2007
I no get u guy
Re: The Lagos City Mall At Onikan by dirankola(m): 10:55pm On Aug 07, 2007
citymall will have to shift their market target to the top-end of the market(LSM) or the lower-end,the palms has the middle-top LSM,now they can as well target the middle -lower simple.the services and retailers on board should have services affordable for the middle and low end market.you cant price your cinema viewing price at par with silverbird or palms and win at the moment.
Re: The Lagos City Mall At Onikan by uchetobi(f): 4:16pm On Aug 08, 2007
Agreed
Re: The Lagos City Mall At Onikan by 9ja4eva: 3:42am On Aug 28, 2007
dirankola:

citymall will have to shift their market target to the top-end of the market(LSM) or the lower-end,the palms has the middle-top LSM,now they can as well target the middle -lower simple.the services and retailers on board should have services affordable for the middle and low end market.you can't price your cinema viewing price at par with silverbird or palms and win at the moment.

Well said
Re: The Lagos City Mall At Onikan by omoge(f): 2:46pm On Aug 28, 2007
just want more malls to spring up all over nig. all those road side market lipsrsealed sigh.
Re: The Lagos City Mall At Onikan by erico2k2(m): 3:32pm On Jun 25, 2008
Dear poster of this thread, where the picture you promis us abi nepa take light?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

British Embassy: Account Information Survey / Which Club Will Give Me The Best 1st Time Experience In Abuja? / FAAN Mulls Opening New Lagos, Kano, Enugu Airport Terminals On January 20

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.