Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,344 members, 7,888,098 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 07:11 PM

Means Of Purchasing Items On Ebay? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Means Of Purchasing Items On Ebay? (1941 Views)

INFORMATION ON PROCEDURE OF PURCHASING CAUSTIC SODA FROM, CHINA. / Can One Shop On Ebay From Nigeria? / On Ebay: How to Prevent a Scammer From Bidding On My Auction? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Means Of Purchasing Items On Ebay? by afajack(m): 6:22pm On Feb 08, 2006
Any Thing Like Paypal In Nigeria

I would like to know if paypal is available in Nigeria. If not, is there anything that can be used to purchase items from Ebay company excluding credit card?

I will appreciate your immediate response. Thanks for your anticipated effort in going through my mail.
Re: Means Of Purchasing Items On Ebay? by layi(m): 3:01pm On Feb 09, 2006
Some companies can help you make such purchases using their paypal accounts. E.g
www.naira2u.com
www.gtn-ng.com
Re: Means Of Purchasing Items On Ebay? by seeni4ever(m): 3:20pm On Feb 09, 2006
i will advise you not to buy anything from ebay if you live in nigeria. you will never get it. as for how to pay, don't use any company to pay for your item because they are going to charge you for their service and at the end of the day you will realise that the amount you spent to get this item doesnt worth it. comprende?
Re: Means Of Purchasing Items On Ebay? by layi(m): 5:08pm On Feb 09, 2006
You can buy stuffs in Ebay from Nigeria. All u need a a US Based reshipper. Those companies above offer such service.

As regards not using companies. Its the same amount if you want to get a prepaid virtual card.
Re: Means Of Purchasing Items On Ebay? by seeni4ever(m): 5:42pm On Feb 09, 2006
Don't you know how much it's going to cost you to do that?
Re: Means Of Purchasing Items On Ebay? by layi(m): 6:14pm On Feb 09, 2006
Look dear, there are some stuffs you see on the net that you can't get anywhere. They are called antiques. Not everybody is Ijebu like you. Some people look at the end result not the cost.

Whichever way you see. you are still going to spend money. Mind you these companies reship "free of charge". It might take longer though because they ship in bulk for their customers.
Re: Means Of Purchasing Items On Ebay? by lagoshost(m): 1:02pm On Mar 18, 2006
Well, buying from ebay might be hard from Nigeria, but remember that everything is possible!

I have not gone to USA or any other country that paypal accepts but from here in Nigeria I opened a USA base bank account, a Visa ATM Card was provided for me to access my account and I was able to verify my paypal account.

My Pastor use to say that the difference between a poor man and a rich man is the level of information that they have. Maybe I have got the information.

Everything is possible my DEAR!
Re: Means Of Purchasing Items On Ebay? by brushparke(m): 4:22pm On Mar 19, 2006
layi:

Some companies can help you make such purchases using their paypal accounts. E.g
www.naira2u.com
www.gtn-ng.com
Please can we stop mentioning this two websites.I heard someone say something bad about both, i refuse to heed .I decided i was going to try them.Look as i am talking write now, www.gtn-ng.com is yet to refund my N9,000.00 i paid for credit card.For three straight weeks now.
On the other hand, iam also tired of the stories, i get from www.naira2u.com.I paid N54,500.00 into their account, More than three weeks ago,to fund my egold account since i thought WWW.goldkobo.com was too expensive, you would not believe that till today, i have not received gold in my account.the last time i called them ,i was promised that my account will be funded b/w monday and tuesday.That is tomorrow or next.Still not sure.
Please let stop misleading Nigerians in this forum, lets be sincere with our post to avoid the kind of frustrations i'm getting from these two.I'll advice that any one serious about doing business online from nigeria should go www.ghraphcard.com.I think fast and efficient service is the answer.As soon as i survive this particular transaction with them, i'll never make that mistake again.
On the issue at hand, Guy i trade, i mean buy and sell on ebay right here from nigeria.I use graphcard to fund my paypal account and i have been operating my account from nigeria, with no qualms.All i want to do now is to verify, once i can do that, i'll be home and dry
lagoshost:

Well, buying from ebay might be hard from Nigeria, but remember that everything is possible!

I have not gone to USA or any other country that paypal accepts but from here in Nigeria I opened a USA base bank account, a Visa ATM Card was provided for me to access my account and I was able to verify my paypal account.

My Pastor use to say that the difference between a poor man and a rich man is the level of information that they have. Maybe I have got the information.

Hi iwould be glad if you tell me how to verify my paypal account.thankls
Finally, i call on the owners of www.gtn-ng.com and www.naira2u.com to stop deceiving people.They should get something else doing and leave online life cause they are all wack.
Re: Means Of Purchasing Items On Ebay? by ebay(m): 6:58pm On Mar 19, 2006
That is true we must forget about those webmasters that will discourage us.

LagosHost must be right, the level of information you have is important.

I have used lagoshost.com before that guy is a very good christian.
Re: Means Of Purchasing Items On Ebay? by phonetrace(m): 7:46pm On Mar 26, 2006
please,lagoshost,tell me in detail how u did that,cos i need to things online now and own a mastercard and visa account
Re: Means Of Purchasing Items On Ebay? by phonetrace(m): 7:49pm On Mar 26, 2006
please,lagoshost,tell me in detail how u did that,cos i need to buy things online now and probably own a mastercard and visacard account
Re: Means Of Purchasing Items On Ebay? by egoldman(m): 10:01pm On Nov 24, 2006
lagoshost:

lagoshost ,
though u may not agree with me ,but i must warn u that the only reason u are still able to use ur paypal account from nigeria is cos theyt havce not yet come to or detected your account ,if u think u have proxy that copuld hide ur real location ,u are joking cos paypal have the state of teh art software that would crack that proxy and still tell them where ur location is ,
i have heard people on this forum say that paypal have frozen their account cos they logged in from nigeria ,remember they have over 50 million users ,the fact is just that they have not detected ur account ,once they did ur find it almost impossible to get ur money back ,am telling u this from experience ,its much better for u to withdraw all ur money in ur paypal account now .
Re: Means Of Purchasing Items On Ebay? by layi(m): 2:55pm On Dec 07, 2006
Now i regret recommending gtn and naira2u. they've scammed me as well.
Re: Means Of Purchasing Items On Ebay? by abhosts(m): 6:28pm On Dec 08, 2006
Layi,

Please Enlighten us on how you were scammed.
Re: Means Of Purchasing Items On Ebay? by LoverBwoy(m): 9:26pm On Dec 10, 2006
Yes layi tell us how you got scammed

Have you reported them by the way
Re: Means Of Purchasing Items On Ebay? by yemupz(m): 10:31pm On Dec 10, 2006
Hi guys, lagoshost is very right and egoldman stop being a doomsayer, i have a paypal acct with a us acct thats over a year old. Friends take a look at http://us-paypal-bank-account.com The site is still under construction but the purpose is to help non us residents, worldwide, create a legal bank acct with Visa card, link it to paypal & get verified. I am kazeem the co-founder of the site & my partner Andrew is a South African. I can't tell all the stuffs, cos to be sincere we are still working it out. But this is a worldwide biz (everyone online wants a us bank & paypal acct) & we are for real. Drop a note if u are interested.
Re: Means Of Purchasing Items On Ebay? by egoldman(m): 5:59am On Jan 30, 2007
yemupz believe me am not what u call me (doomsayer)i do not enjoy coming to the forum to tear down peoples effort ,but you see there are sometimes too when we follow things rather critically ,
now look at the following paypal registration link https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_registration-run then click on the drop down list for countries from which one may register paypal account and you would see that Nigeria and countries like north Korea is not there .
now i do not how you intend to help people get paypal account when they are based in Nigeria and would be logging into that account from Nigeria based ip address ,the only thing option that comes to mind if that your partner in south Africa which is an accepted country for paypal, would be opening the account with non Nigerian addresses for your customers (my assumption )
now play this in Ur mind ,your customers would be having addresses of south Africa or anywhere for that matter and then operating their account from paypal non accepted country and you think that would be cool with paypal ? wink wink
moreover look at this link http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-approved-sign up-countries-outside and you would see several countries wit their level or activities that paypal account holder in that country is permitted under paypal terms .you would also see that Nigeria is not there at all .
also u may like to read this from paypal terms of service ;

2.3 Identity Authentication. [b][color=#990000]We use many techniques to identify our users when they register on our site. Verification of Users is only an indication of increased likelihood that a User's identity is correct. You authorize PayPal, directly or through third parties, to make any inquiries we consider necessary to validate your registration. [/b]This may include ordering a credit report and performing other credit checks or verifying the information you provide against third party databases. [/color]However, because user verification on the Internet is difficult, PayPal cannot and does not guarantee any user's identity.
also take a look at this from paypal terms again ;

Remedies and PayPal's Right to Collect From You. Without limiting other remedies, we may update inaccurate or incorrect information you provide to us, contact you by means other than electronically, immediately warn our community of your actions, place a hold on funds in your account, limit funding sources and payments, limit access to an account and any or all of the account's functions (including but not limited to the ability to send money or making withdrawals from an the account), limit withdrawals, indefinitely suspend or close your account and refuse to provide our Services to you if: (a) you breach this Agreement or the documents it incorporates by reference; (b) we are unable to verify or authenticate any information you provide to us;

sources https://www.paypal.com/row/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/gen/ua/ua-outside&country.x=HK

(1) (Reply)

HOW tO bECOME An Entrepreneur in Africa. Econet Wireless Story / What Can I Import To Nigeria / Help: How Do I Improve Sales In My Salon!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.