Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,133 members, 7,880,560 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 09:02 PM

Accommodating An Insolent Girl - Education (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Accommodating An Insolent Girl (78699 Views)

Advice Concerning : Accommodating An Insolent Girl / Have You Ever Seen An Exam Instruction So Accommodating? / KNUST Ghana Sanction Six Students For Accommodating Opposite Sex After 10pm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by Ugandatales: 12:49am On Apr 28, 2021
Geniero:
This reminds me of a similar experience I had. An hostel mate who had graduated the previous year called that her cousin was coming to take post ume and asked that I accommodate her, that was how I agreed oo. First act, I always fetched water and kept in the house for our use (she came a week to the exam). One evening after lectures, I needed a quick shower and head out to somewhere, there was a bucket of water in the bathroom, as I made attempt to enter the bathroom, next thing I heard was, "bros na that water I go take baff tomorrow oo". I shook, no probs, I quickly rushed and fetched water from the tap (just outside our room oo). Another day I came back from lectures hungry, attempt to eat from the rice I met in the kitchen.. "bros na the food I go eat before I go for tutorials for morning ooo", (food that she cooked with my foodstuff and gas oo), her post ume day, I came back home in the evening to meet 3 strange faces with her.. "bros na my friends, na from here we all go travel tomorrow morning".I slept in a neighbors room that night, I and the neighbor had a good laugh about the experience.

Hahahahahaha!!! This your story made me laugh... especially how she starts every sentence with "Bros." grin

1 Like

Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by Kylce042(m): 12:50am On Apr 28, 2021
Rocktation:
But she clearly told you that she couldn't cook due to unavailability of water. You are the host and very likely the one with the muscles. I don't see how fetching water for your guest to prep your meal is a big deal. Unless, you want her to pay for the roof over her head, by doing all the house chores, I'm certainly not understanding what really prompted this fight.
There's probably more that you are not telling.

All these feminists just has a very weird way of thinking. So you think it is actually right the guy compromises even to the extent of sleeping on the floor in his own house and should also fetch water for her to cook? Food that the same guy provides? So what is then her input in the house? And you’re looking for more he is not telling idiot!!!!!! You pipu just think is by going to church oh! See you can’t make heave you’re a very wicked person.

6 Likes

Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by dododawa1: 12:51am On Apr 28, 2021
Na their WAY, not surprised.

1 Like

Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by Ugandatales: 12:51am On Apr 28, 2021
[quote author=ironkurtain post=101185541][/quote]

Lol
Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by kid7soccer(m): 12:52am On Apr 28, 2021
daveyjay:
Good day NLers, please I need your take on this.
I'm a student in one of Nigeria's prominent public universities.

A girl decided to vie for admission in my school via the predigree programme but she had no accommodation. Because of the relationship between my parents and hers, I offered to take her in from January till now

I offered a roof over her head.

The first night she came, she slept on the floor and I wasn't okay with that, the following night, I told her she could have the bed, I vacated my bed and relegated myself to sleeping on the floor, we can't share same bed since she's neither my babe nor sister. And this sleeping routine has continued ever since then. The floor is my new bed

I gave her my spare key, uncensored access to my kitchen and everything within my legal occupancy.
Cut long story short, last week Tuesday she woke up, had her bath, ate then stepped out briefly, when she returned we were outta water. Tap water of course. She called my attention to it to which I remained calm. Meanwhile I hadn't eaten neither had I bathed. At noon, she came to me that she was hungry but couldn't cook due to unavailability of water, I then asked her if I am to fetch her water??!.

She said she was gonn take food stuff to her friend's place (upstairs) to cook.
I replied by asking how many of her friends had lacked water and brought food stuff to cook here??!

She got angry and took some money and left

That same Tuesday, I went to see Chelsea game, when I returned, I asked her if she cooked but she didn't dignify me with her attention talk more of a response.
I thought it was rude but considered it as one of the many tantrums of ladies

The following morning, she woke up, acted like I don't exist, couldn't greet... had her bathe and left. Returned, unlocked the door, walked in like I wasn't there, ate, left to her friend's place.

On Thursday she repeated the routine, I called her back when she was going out, I asked her if she considered me as her father, brother or boyfriend that she'd wake up and start throwing attitudes...
I made her understand that I am her benefactor.
Hardly did I finish before she left. She returned and continued in same path and that has continued till this very moment...

Last night she didn't sleep at home, when she returned in the morning, she unlocked the door with her spare, walked in, ate, brushed, dressed and walked out without a single word e come be like say I be ghost.

What I did, I changed the locks, took some stuff, sealed my door with strict instructions to the caretaker then moved to a friends place outside my lodge and I've been there ever since.

She has returned and has been calling my line but I've been ignoring...

Now, is my action too harsh or still in line??!

Oga call her people report her to them and let them know she can no longer stay with you. Make sure she leave your house tomorrow. Let them beg as they like she must leave your house. How people dey take rubbish I no dey understand

7 Likes

Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by ThatIgedeBoy: 12:53am On Apr 28, 2021
Richochett:

You don't have any legal right to lock her out of her personal belongings (e.g clothes). If you're not comfortable with her attitude simply tell her to start looking for accommodation.

Moreover, from your narratives I can't see anywhere the girl has wronged you. You're are just acting bossy because its your house cool

Allow her to enter the house.
Wisdom is like a goatskin bag, Everyman carries his own...
bro you have no bag

3 Likes

Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by karmaleon: 12:54am On Apr 28, 2021
daveyjay:
Good day NLers, please I need your take on this.
I'm a student in one of Nigeria's prominent public universities.

A girl decided to vie for admission in my school via the predigree programme but she had no accommodation. Because of the relationship between my parents and hers, I offered to take her in from January till now

I offered a roof over her head.

The first night she came, she slept on the floor and I wasn't okay with that, the following night, I told her she could have the bed, I vacated my bed and relegated myself to sleeping on the floor, we can't share same bed since she's neither my babe nor sister. And this sleeping routine has continued ever since then. The floor is my new bed

I gave her my spare key, uncensored access to my kitchen and everything within my legal occupancy.
Cut long story short, last week Tuesday she woke up, had her bath, ate then stepped out briefly, when she returned we were outta water. Tap water of course. She called my attention to it to which I remained calm. Meanwhile I hadn't eaten neither had I bathed. At noon, she came to me that she was hungry but couldn't cook due to unavailability of water, I then asked her if I am to fetch her water??!.

She said she was gonn take food stuff to her friend's place (upstairs) to cook.
I replied by asking how many of her friends had lacked water and brought food stuff to cook here??!

She got angry and took some money and left

That same Tuesday, I went to see Chelsea game, when I returned, I asked her if she cooked but she didn't dignify me with her attention talk more of a response.
I thought it was rude but considered it as one of the many tantrums of ladies

The following morning, she woke up, acted like I don't exist, couldn't greet... had her bathe and left. Returned, unlocked the door, walked in like I wasn't there, ate, left to her friend's place.

On Thursday she repeated the routine, I called her back when she was going out, I asked her if she considered me as her father, brother or boyfriend that she'd wake up and start throwing attitudes...
I made her understand that I am her benefactor.
Hardly did I finish before she left. She returned and continued in same path and that has continued till this very moment...

Last night she didn't sleep at home, when she returned in the morning, she unlocked the door with her spare, walked in, ate, brushed, dressed and walked out without a single word e come be like say I be ghost.

What I did, I changed the locks, took some stuff, sealed my door with strict instructions to the caretaker then moved to a friends place outside my lodge and I've been there ever since.

She has returned and has been calling my line but I've been ignoring...

Now, is my action too harsh or still in line??!

You are in order. Ghost don't take calls ���
Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by pocohantas(f): 12:54am On Apr 28, 2021
Ugandatales:

Pocohantas you have changed o. I thought you would support the girl like your fellow feminist are doing on this thread

I have not changed, you only think I have because the accused is a female. It it were a male, I would still be a power-crazy-feminist. The problem is you all, not me. Thanks

4 Likes

Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by Ugandatales: 12:56am On Apr 28, 2021
Nyanyafk:
Nearly same thing happened to me, accommodated a family friends daughter in my final year, her father assured me it would be for a short while as she searches for her own apartment, things were all good in the beginning, I knew she had very little money and I made sure she never lacked food and we rotated doing chores in the house
Many people assumed she was my litttle sister due to how I treated her, fast forward three weeks and I noticed she had changed a lot, she barely goes to school or spends time in the house, it got to a point that she spends most nights in god knows where, I began doing most of the chores at home as she was barely home, she only comes home to eat, wash and bath and then she is off, I didn’t want to get her in trouble with her dad so I had a talk with her and she apologized and started behaving right for a few days then she returned to her habit, I had a talk with her the second time as she had become very wayward and people were starting to notice, she apologized again but She continued in her ways after a few days
Her dad always calls me to check up on her and I always covered for her even when most times I don’t even know where she is for days, when I saw that she wasn’t changing, I opened up to her dad(although I didn’t tell him most of it for her sake) he said he was going to talk to her
Few days later she confronted me laughing that why did I call her dad, I told her it was in her best interest, I noticed her family stopped calling me after that, it was later I got to find out she had told them the reason she wasn’t spending time at home was because I was touching her at night. What pained me about the whole thing was that her father did not even confront me or anything, he just believed her, few months later I kicked her out as she was barely at home and I was tired of explaining to different girls that the female clothes bags and shoes in my house belonged to my sister and not my girlfriend as they had never met her and so they assumed I had a girlfriend I was hiding.
Long story short I got vindicated as some months later that same girl was disowned by her father for being out of control after they fought many times when she got back from school, this same girl has apologized to me countless times and has tried on so many occasion to befriend me again, I just told her I hold no grudges against her but I don’t want us to be in contact.

Damn! Why do some girls like to do this. It's so cruel, manipulative and heartless.

3 Likes

Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by karmaleon: 12:56am On Apr 28, 2021
daveyjay:
I should unlock and evict her??!

I don't actually want to be the one who tells her to leave.

She should make that choice herself

Kick her out with her nasty disrespectful attitude before it gets out of hand.

2 Likes

Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by Ugandatales: 12:57am On Apr 28, 2021
Icumsa45:
That's naija babes for you, give them hand dem go reach elbow. Abuse you on top, ungrateful leeches.

Lol
Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by Kylce042(m): 1:00am On Apr 28, 2021
[quote author=daveyjay post=101169600]Bossy by vacating my bed and sleeping on the floor since January??!
Bossy by tolerating her insolent behaviour for one full week??!

C'mon

the person that wrote that shite can’t tolerate that girl for a week
Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by Nobody: 1:01am On Apr 28, 2021
Richochett:

You don't have any legal right to lock her out of her personal belongings (e.g clothes). If you're not comfortable with her attitude simply tell her to start looking for accommodation.

Moreover, from your narratives I can't see anywhere the girl has wronged you. You're are just acting bossy because its your house cool

I won't insult you, but na illegal thunder go fire the phone when you take type this rubbish.

2 Likes

Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by Kylce042(m): 1:02am On Apr 28, 2021
ThatIgedeBoy:

Wisdom is like a goatskin bag, Everyman carries his own...
bro you have no bag

Absolutely

1 Like

Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by DrFunmisticGlow: 1:02am On Apr 28, 2021
Telstar:
OP, have a change of heart. She is someone's daughter.
And so?! does that mean dhe should forget that she is squatting rent free in Op's flat?

Op should report her to her parents and his parents too.

Then evict her

Radarada oshi!!
Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by valengoski: 1:04am On Apr 28, 2021
Call u people and let them know what's happening. Then give her two weeks to pack out. since she don get friends naw let her go there n stay. Also ur people should inform her family too.

1 Like

Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by Kylce042(m): 1:05am On Apr 28, 2021
Richochett:

Well I’m glad he put his illegal rights to use. So shovel your opinion up your ass. Try n get a bag of sense

2 Likes

Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by ThatIgedeBoy: 1:07am On Apr 28, 2021
Rocktation:
But she clearly told you that she couldn't cook due to unavailability of water. You are the host and very likely the one with the muscles. I don't see how fetching water for your guest to prep your meal is a big deal. Unless, you want her to pay for the roof over her head, by doing all the house chores, I'm certainly not understanding what really prompted this fight.
There's probably more that you are not telling.
LoL your sense of reasoning is funny.
How you come about you high level of low understanding is amazing

2 Likes

Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by Ugandatales: 1:10am On Apr 28, 2021
pocohantas:
OP I hope you are calm now? cheesy

Allow her enter and sleep for the night o. Tomorrow she can leave. Yea, she has to leave at this point because it would most likely not end well again.

I hope she won't break OP's head while he's sleeping grin
Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by DrFunmisticGlow: 1:13am On Apr 28, 2021
Kylekent59:
I can't believe that some people are supporting the way you locked her out. She is stranded and needs a place to sleep.

I wonder why you are acting supreme because you own the room. Please let her in.

Let me tell you, this life turns around. You never can tell if she would be the one to help you in the future.

99% of people supporting the op are religious be it Christians and Muslims.

Since you are the boss of the house, change her, let her know your rules.

I can not support the multitudes here. With the mindset of people here, I can say that this country is filled with bad people.

300+ supporting the op....

hmmm.

I'm not religious, but I support Op's decision.

I talk to you and you pretend I don't exist?! In my quarters?! The audacity of the ungrateful girl.

I will simply tell her to move out since she doesn't have respect. Then call my parents

2 Likes

Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by Ugandatales: 1:20am On Apr 28, 2021
pocohantas:

If she can shamelessly carry raw food to a neighbour’s house to cook, then she can use same effort to fetch water.

It is not even servility, it is common sense to meet your host halfway.

Gbam! One cold bottle of Legend for you. wink
Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by Nobody: 1:24am On Apr 28, 2021
Isokoboy:
No...you are wrong to lock her from her belongings..I understand the feeling..I have been there ...talk to her ...there might b some tins u r doing wrong that u don't know....if the case continue... involved her mum...don't lock her out...because if anything should happen to her..na u go answer ooo

Experience has really made you wiser
Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by ThatIgedeBoy: 1:24am On Apr 28, 2021
[quote author=CHoccolaTE post=101179323][/quote]
I pray that God never lead me to help you or someone like you in my long life time....
During my undergraduate days I had a big bro doing his PhD who stayed in my apartment whenever he was in town. This man would do the dishes, cook and clean the house before I return.
A married man with kids ohh. I even started feeling uncomfortable at some point. Yes I was paying the bills and he assisted when he could as he had his responsibilities and had no job...
Na e one small pikin doing predegree go wan dey do anyhow.
If accommodation easy make she go run am for another place.
I have traveled to distant places and spent days under another man's roof, I was uncomfortable that I will be home all day and he will return to meet no food. I did the dishes,bought what I needed and made food before he returned from work, guess what, it was my very first day in that house, I was a guest...
like I said earlier. make God no allow me help your type. you are definitely worse than the puppy the OP is accommodating
Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by KillamanJoe: 1:26am On Apr 28, 2021
OP, how old is the girl and what was she like when she arrived at your place? While I understand your decision, I do not fully agree with it. Firstly, you're family friends. You should have called your parents to call her own parents to tell them what's happening. Then they'll probably call her and talk to her. Also, never love your neighbour more than yourself. They will take advantage of you. Let her back in as long as you allowed her stay in your place, you are technically her guardian. If anything happens you will be held responsible.

If I were in your shoes, I'll probably not give up the bed or we will rotate at least. Fully relegating your self as a boy boy before another person will subconsciously make them treat you like one. On the water issue, if there was alternative source, you could have mentioned it to her, if there isn't, buying water would have been the next plausible solution. Anyway, let her back in to take her stuff and also decide if she wants to continue living in your apartment. Anyway, Goodluck.

3 Likes

Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by Ugandatales: 1:34am On Apr 28, 2021
daveyjay:
I thank everyone for their invaluable input. To those saying there's more to the story, you're wrong. I spelled it out the way it all happened. When the matter got to our parents, if there was anything hidden, she would have let it out.

She's not my slave in anywAy and I never expected her to fetch me water, WE DON'T FETCH WATER. We pump when the reservoir is empty. It just happened that the caretaker was unavailable to pump the water thAt very moment.

I equally stated that I hadn't had my bathe but later went to see a football game which is an indication that we later had water. The water was pumped even before evening.
She has stayed for about 3 months, she knows how this thing works.

Where is she right now?
Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by FirstbornWds: 1:39am On Apr 28, 2021
Richochett:

Shut your fucking mouth fool

Una go just open mouth wah..
Just because na internet.

If you see me one on one can you even come close? Old fool

Lol. People like you end up being wretched in real life.

Remind us what you are again, Animal place or thing?

Cos I'm pretty sure a sane human won't utter rubbish at first attempt all in the bid to sound salvage.
Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by olamide0147: 1:42am On Apr 28, 2021
Richochett:

Guy u need to get checked into mental facility ASAP, besides can u tell us how many people you've accommodates?

2 Likes

Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by Ugandatales: 1:43am On Apr 28, 2021
KillamanJoe:
OP, how old is the girl and what was she like when she arrived at your place? While I understand your decision, I do not fully agree with it. Firstly, you're family friends. You should have called your parents to call her own parents to tell them what's happening. Then they'll probably call her and talk to her. Also, never love your neighbour more than yourself. They will take advantage of you. Let her back in as long as you allowed her stay in your place, you are technically her guardian. If anything happens you will be held responsible.

If I were in your shoes, I'll probably not give up the bed or we will rotate at least. Fully relegating your self as a boy boy before another person will subconsciously make them treat you like one
. On the water issue, if there was alternative source, you could have mentioned it to her, if there isn't, buying water would have been the next plausible solution. Anyway, let her back in to take her stuff and also decide if she wants to continue living in your apartment. Anyway, Goodluck.

Exactly
Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by Nobody: 1:51am On Apr 28, 2021
daveyjay:
Lastly the matter has been resolved in the best possible way after the lock out.

She apologised, I did apologise too but I let her know the earlier we part ways, the better for us(me especially)

op better hold on to your decision to part ways o, because after quarrel, apology and settlement, na make up fck be the next thing o.

And it's obvious the girl is not too fine, otherwise you for don dey lash her or at least attempt to.

1 Like

Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by cardoctor(m): 1:54am On Apr 28, 2021
You really know how to waste yoir time with useless people.
Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by Nobody: 1:59am On Apr 28, 2021
Imagine See Finish.......for house wey you take your own money rent.

Hmmmmm, first of all nothing suppose make both of una share room in the first instance, forget the relationship between both mothers.

And since she don get where to go crash for night, cut her loose immediately.
Re: Accommodating An Insolent Girl by Nobody: 1:59am On Apr 28, 2021
Mutemenot:
I swear, Op has attempted to browser her network, she can t be that mad at someone who accommodated her freely for months ...

She can also be mad that he refused to browse her. Some ladies dey think opposite, esp if she has fallen for him but no response

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (26) (Reply)

Miracle Anele, Rivers University SUG President & His Bodyguard (Photos) / UK Pervert Teacher Who Forces Pupils' Hands Down Her Trousers Jailed / Chrisland Breaks Silence On Sex Scandal, 5 Pupils Misbehaved In Dubai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.