Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,077 members, 7,880,364 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 04:48 PM

Reps Urge FG To Declare State Of Emergency On Security Challenge - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reps Urge FG To Declare State Of Emergency On Security Challenge (265 Views)

Shutdown Institutions To Enable Students Vote During Elections, Reps Urge Fg / Reps Urge Automatic Jobs For First Class Graduates / NPA Looting: Reps Urge EFCC To Investigate Hadiza Bala Usman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Reps Urge FG To Declare State Of Emergency On Security Challenge by adenigga(m): 6:22pm On Apr 27, 2021
The House of Representatives has urged President Muhammadu Buhari to declare a State of Emergency on security challenges facing the country.
This is contained in a resolution read by Speaker Femi Gbajabiamila at the end of a four-hour executive session on Tuesday in Abuja.

Gbajabiamila condemned attacks on security agents and formation across the country while sympathising with the families of those who lost their loved ones.

He urged Nigeria Police Force to put in place modalities for the recruitment of new personnel into the force, adding that the current number of policemen in the country was inadequate.

Gbajabiamila said that all hands to be on deck to arrest the security challenges in the country.

He urged the judiciary to accelerate the processes of prosecution of suspects awaiting trial due to banditry, terror, and other criminal activities.

The speaker called for the provision of relief materials to communities affected by terrorist attacks in the country.

He urged the President to ensure full financial autonomy for local government councils in the country to guarantee their functionality to serve the local populace.

According to him, the federal government should ensure the protection of national infrastructure and assets in the country.

He mandated all security committees at the house to commence a comprehensive audit of all military and paramilitary assets in the country.

He added that all arms and ammunition in the armed forces must be comprehensively audited while asking the committees to report back to the house within four weeks.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that Rep. Alhassan Ado-Doguwa, the majority leader of the House moved for the adoption of the resolution while Rep. Ndidu Elelu, the minority leader seconded it.
Source: https://m.guardian.ng/News/Reps-urge-FG-to-declare-State-of-Emergency-on-security-challenge

Re: Reps Urge FG To Declare State Of Emergency On Security Challenge by doggedfighter(f): 7:09pm On Apr 27, 2021
They should declare it in the north.

1 Like

Re: Reps Urge FG To Declare State Of Emergency On Security Challenge by 360degreess(m): 7:38pm On Apr 27, 2021
doggedfighter:
They should declare it in the north.
..So you don't need it in your own region?.. with all the problems that the ipob terrorists are causing in the east, you should be wary of your own safety first if you truly love your people.

Re: Reps Urge FG To Declare State Of Emergency On Security Challenge by dvdwed(m): 7:43pm On Apr 27, 2021
I know him, he will not heed to wise calls, even Obasanjo is even tired of writing his letters.
He might get hos famous 1983 treatmentbor even worse.
Re: Reps Urge FG To Declare State Of Emergency On Security Challenge by doggedfighter(f): 8:10pm On Apr 27, 2021
360degreess:
..So you don't need it in your own region?.. with all the problems that the ipob terrorists are causing in the east, you should be wary of your own safety first if you truly love your people.

Boko Haram has caused more and severe troubles.
Re: Reps Urge FG To Declare State Of Emergency On Security Challenge by southsouthking(m): 6:41am On Apr 28, 2021
Oh what happened to the Nigeria of our Dream?

When are we going to sing the redemption song, the song of Freedom?

Few days ago my dad was telling me stories of his adventures in the North, he told me how they enjoyed travelling on the road to the North by midnight travel on 911 mecerdes Truck.

I shook my head and told him papa so many things has changed now..

Please and Please, help a Brother going for a job interview tomorrow with transportation fare.

The mail for the interview invitation came late yesterday evening, and there's no way i can get the transportation fare because it was just too sudden, only God knows that, so that is why am here to please seek for your help, support and kind gesture.

I reside at Alakoto Meji here in Badagry, and the location for the job interview is at Victoria Island.

Syngenta Nigeria Limited:

Plot 5 Chief Yusuf biodun Street, Oniru Road, Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria.

Please help me get this Job, it will be a life changer for me.

Nothing is too small please i beg you all in the name of God and Allah.

Thanks to you all.
Re: Reps Urge FG To Declare State Of Emergency On Security Challenge by Mynd44: 6:59am On Apr 28, 2021

(1)

Terrorism: What Makes Muslims Tick? / RE: Alleged Terrorism: Our Hands Tied On Pantami, Says Senate / Turkish Government To Track Crypto Transactions Over $1,200

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.