Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,308 members, 7,887,906 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 04:11 PM

Works Of Righteousness Is What Distinguishes The Sheep From The Goats - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Works Of Righteousness Is What Distinguishes The Sheep From The Goats (711 Views)

RCCG Authority Disciplines Leke Adeboye For Calling Pastors 'Goats' / Why Did Christ Teachings Emphasize Works Of Righteousness And Not Grace? / Rewards Of Righteousness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Works Of Righteousness Is What Distinguishes The Sheep From The Goats by jesusjnr1: 7:40pm On Apr 27, 2021
Jesus said:

Matthew 25:31-46 (KJV)

"When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?

When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal."

So Jesus said He would send the sheep (the righteous) into eternal life because of their works of righteousness, but would send the goats (the wicked) into everlasting fire prepared for the devil and and his angels, because of they didn't have the works of righteousness.

Jesus Words is enough for the wise.

God bless.
Re: Works Of Righteousness Is What Distinguishes The Sheep From The Goats by jesusjnr1: 10:01pm On Apr 27, 2021
Re: Works Of Righteousness Is What Distinguishes The Sheep From The Goats by jesusjnr1: 12:31pm On Apr 28, 2021
Works are not inherited!
Re: Works Of Righteousness Is What Distinguishes The Sheep From The Goats by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:13pm On Apr 28, 2021
Who are those people Jesus was referring to as "one of the least of these" that we need to care for?
Re: Works Of Righteousness Is What Distinguishes The Sheep From The Goats by jesusjnr1: 8:59pm On Apr 28, 2021
Re: Works Of Righteousness Is What Distinguishes The Sheep From The Goats by CodeTemplar: 9:55pm On Apr 28, 2021
What about their taste in a bowl of hot pepper soup
Re: Works Of Righteousness Is What Distinguishes The Sheep From The Goats by jesusjnr1: 10:17am On Apr 29, 2021
CodeTemplar:
What about their taste in a bowl of hot pepper soup
That's just an illustration or do you mean the goats in the lake of hot fire if they don't repent?
Re: Works Of Righteousness Is What Distinguishes The Sheep From The Goats by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:37am On Apr 29, 2021
jesusjnr1:

That's just an illustration or do you mean the goats in the lake of hot fire if they don't repent?
I believe that it's an illustration (Parable) but who are those Jesus referred to as "one of the least of these"
Other Bible translations rendered it as "least of my brothers" so who are Jesus' brothers that we need to cater for? smiley
Re: Works Of Righteousness Is What Distinguishes The Sheep From The Goats by jesusjnr1: 1:41pm On Apr 29, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

I believe that it's an illustration (Parable) but who are those Jesus referred to as "one of the least of these"
Other Bible translations rendered it as "least of my brothers" so who are Jesus' brothers that we need to cater for? smiley
You obviously think it's the so-called "true Christians" that do not witness Christ, believe He's angel Michael, that do not believe the hell fire He preached about exists among other things, right?

Because I don't see any other reason you would be seeking my attention.
Re: Works Of Righteousness Is What Distinguishes The Sheep From The Goats by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:51pm On Apr 29, 2021
Simple quote "you don't know"
Nobody will flog you for airing your opinion after all you opened the thread to pass information and you shouldn't be scared of related questions! smiley

jesusjnr1:
You obviously think it's the so-called "true Christians" that do not witness Christ, believe He's angel Michael, that do not believe the hell fire He preached about exists among other things, right?
That must be the reason you're seeking my attention.
Re: Works Of Righteousness Is What Distinguishes The Sheep From The Goats by jesusjnr1: 2:00pm On Apr 29, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Simple quote "you don't know"
Nobody will flog you for airing your opinion after all you opened the thread to pass information and you shouldn't be scared of related questions! smiley

Was my response not my own opinion as well or are you scared or feel threatened by it?

Nobody would flog you for airing your Antichrist views, so feel free to do so. Do not be scared because I'm not trying to stop you from doing so.

You quoted me that's why I responded. If you wanted to hear my opinion, you shouldn't quote me and then try to dictate to me what my response should be like, except you feel I'm not entitled to my opinion.
Re: Works Of Righteousness Is What Distinguishes The Sheep From The Goats by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:06pm On Apr 29, 2021
jesusjnr1:
Was my response not my own opinion as well or are you scared or feel threatened by it?

Nobody would flog you for airing your Antichrist views, so feel free to do so. Do not be scared because I'm not trying to stop you from doing so.

You quoted me that's why I responded. If you wanted to hear my opinion, you shouldn't quote me and then try to dictate to me what my response should be like, except you feel I'm not entitled to my opinion.

MaxInDHouse: I believe that it's an illustration (Parable) but who are those Jesus referred to as "one of the least of these"
Other Bible translations rendered it as "least of my brothers" so who are Jesus' brothers that we need to cater for?

That's my question again.
Do you have an answer?
The Parable is important to any believer because Jesus emphasized on judgment, that's why i asked but if you don't know the answer it's OK!
Re: Works Of Righteousness Is What Distinguishes The Sheep From The Goats by jesusjnr1: 3:16pm On Apr 29, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

That's my question again.
Do you have an answer?
The Parable is important to any believer because Jesus emphasized on judgment, that's why i asked but if you don't know the answer it's OK!
I know you don't know the answer but think you do.
Re: Works Of Righteousness Is What Distinguishes The Sheep From The Goats by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:27pm On Apr 29, 2021
Why do you think people ask questions?
Of course to know or confirm something.
Surely i have what i was taught but if your answer sounds much more reliable and efficient what stops me from knowing those teaching you?

My friend, if you don't know it's OK, i only know what my own religion taught me regarding the Parable and as a student of God's word i try to know more that's why i go out preaching and teaching what i know in my neighbourhood surely if i found out someone knows better the next thing is to find the source of his/her knowledge.

Perhaps you are scared that i'm here to mock you but you're wrong. The reason JWs don't take you people as true Christians is each of you want to prove he/she knows but can't point to the link through which you gain the knowledge you're claiming. If Jesus says something and you said it's a Parable (illustration) which i also believe as thought then the next thing is to get the sense of the illustration.

Please who are those Jesus referred to as "the least of these ones"? That's my question!

jesusjnr1:

I know you don't know the answer but think you do.
Re: Works Of Righteousness Is What Distinguishes The Sheep From The Goats by jesusjnr1: 4:52pm On Apr 29, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Why do you think people ask questions?
Of course to know or confirm something.
Surely i have what i was taught but if your answer sounds much more reliable and efficient what stops me from knowing those teaching you?

My friend, if you don't know it's OK, i only know what my own religion taught me regarding the Parable and as a student of God's word i try to know more that's why i go out preaching and teaching what i know in my neighbourhood surely if i found out someone knows better the next thing is to find the source of his/her knowledge.

Perhaps you are scared that i'm here to mock you but you're wrong. The reason JWs don't take you people as true Christians is each of you want to prove he/she knows but can't point to the link through which you gain the knowledge you're claiming. If Jesus says something and you said it's a Parable (illustration) which i also believe as thought then the next thing is to get the sense of the illustration.

Please who are those Jesus referred to as "the least of these ones"? That's my question!

When people don't know but think they know, which is the worst form of ignorance, trying to tell them what they don't know would a total waste of time and effort.

That's why I wouldn't bother trying to teach you what you don't know but think you know.

But when someone who doesn't know but truly wants to know comes with the same question, I wouldn't hesitate to teach them, because they don't think they know when they don't but really want to learn.
Re: Works Of Righteousness Is What Distinguishes The Sheep From The Goats by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:09pm On Apr 29, 2021
Well that's why only Jehovah's Witnesses makes the best soldiers for Christ!
Do you think people don't have anything in their minds before you preach to them?
My friend they have, but you must be fully competent and completely equipped to uproot what is in their hearts before you can replace it with what you have.
Surely Churchgoers can't make real disciples.
So keep waiting for those that will give you likes and shares but later begin arguing, insulting, abusing and cursing you when there is disagreement in thought! smiley

jesusjnr1:

When people don't know but think they know, which is the worst form of ignorance, trying to tell them what they don't know would a total waste of time and effort. That's why I wouldn't bother trying to teach you what you don't know but think you know. But when someone who doesn't know but truly wants to know comes with the same question, I wouldn't hesitate to teach them, because they don't think they know when they don't but really want to learn.
Re: Works Of Righteousness Is What Distinguishes The Sheep From The Goats by jesusjnr1: 5:24pm On Apr 29, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Well that's why only Jehovah's Witnesses makes the best soldiers for Christ!
Do you think people don't have anything in their minds before you preach to them?
My friend they have, but you must be fully competent and completely equipped to uproot what is in their hearts before you can replace it with what you have.
Surely Churchgoers can't make real disciples.
So keep waiting for those that will give you likes and shares but later begin arguing, insulting, abusing and cursing you when there is disagreement in thought! smiley

Thanks for justifying my reason for not dignifying your highest form of ignorance of the Truth with an answer.

It would predictably with the Antichrist' Jehovah False Witnesses being presented as the true Christians. Irony of the highest order.

Curses, insults, abuses, arguments, atrocities, reign supreme among Jehovah false witnesses, despite that they try their utmost best to cover it up, but keep deceiving yourself that you're any different from others if it makes you feel better about about yourselves.
Re: Works Of Righteousness Is What Distinguishes The Sheep From The Goats by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:45pm On Apr 29, 2021
You've been responding ever since but can't respond to the simple question your post sparked.

The highlighted can never happen in our midst because we have the same line of thought {John 17:20-23} it's Misinformed Churchgoers of your kind that's always arguing, abusing, insulting and cursing one another yet claiming you belong to the same God.
Whenever you find disagreement then know that it's between a JW and a none JW because light and darkness don't get along!

jesusjnr1:
Thanks for justifying my reason for not dignifying your highest form of ignorance of the Truth with an answer. It would predictably with the Antichrist' Jehovah False Witnesses being presented as the true Christians. Irony of the highest order. Curses, insults, abuses, arguments, atrocities, reign supreme among Jehovah false witnesses, despite that they try their utmost best to cover it up, but keep deceiving yourself that you're any different from others if it makes you feel better about about yourselves.
Re: Works Of Righteousness Is What Distinguishes The Sheep From The Goats by jesusjnr1: 6:13pm On Apr 29, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
You've been responding ever since but can't respond to the simple question your post sparked.

The highlighted can never happen in our midst because we have the same line of thought {John 17:20-23} it's Misinformed Churchgoers of your kind that's always arguing, abusing, insulting and cursing one another yet claiming you belong to the same God.
Whenever you find disagreement then know that it's between a JW and a none JW because light and darkness don't get along!

What else would be expected of liars as characteristic, but lies as the bolded? Your ex-members have exposed your fraud of an organization, not me.

Of course you do everything to conceal such from the public eye, including the atrocities committed by your members, but the Truth cannot be hidden forever.

But as I said, keep deceiving yourself that your fraud of an organization was any different from any other, if that obvious lie makes you feel better yourselves.

BTW, i have time to disprove of your lies, but not to dignify your worst form of ignorance with an answer.
Re: Works Of Righteousness Is What Distinguishes The Sheep From The Goats by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:32pm On Apr 29, 2021
Just say you don't understand what Jesus meant by the statement and we'll teach you, we are not scared or ashamed of what we teach, it's either you take it or leave it.

Your evasive tactics will not lead you anywhere, this is not about a particular religion now but Jesus' illustration that needed to be fully understood. So if you don't know just ask and we'll teach you, these arrogance won't lead you anywhere!

"The least of these ones" or "The least of my brothers"

Know today that Jesus wasn't talking about literal beggars o! smiley

jesusjnr1:
What else would be expected of liars as characteristic, but lies as the bolded? Your ex-members have exposed your fraud of an organization, not me.
Of course you do everything to conceal such from the public eye, including the atrocities committed by your members, but the Truth cannot be hidden forever.
But as I said, keep deceiving yourself that your fraud of an organization was any different from any other, if that obvious lie makes you feel better yourselves.
BTW, i have time to disprove of your lies, but not to dignify your worst form of ignorance with an answer.
Re: Works Of Righteousness Is What Distinguishes The Sheep From The Goats by jesusjnr1: 6:44pm On Apr 29, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Just say you don't understand what Jesus meant by the statement and we'll teach you, we are not scared or ashamed of what we teach, it's either you take it or leave it.

Your evasive tactics will not lead you anywhere, this is not about a particular religion now but Jesus' illustration that needed to be fully understood. So if you don't know just ask and we'll teach you, these arrogance won't lead you anywhere!

"The least of these ones" or "The least of my brothers"

Know today that Jesus wasn't talking about literal beggars o! smiley

I know you don't know but think you know, which is the worst form of ignorance.

Take your abundance of ignorance and go elsewhere to teach the ignorant who do not know that you are ignorant, but ignorant of your ignorance.

Teaching by ignorants is forbidden here where there's true knowledge.
Re: Works Of Righteousness Is What Distinguishes The Sheep From The Goats by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:51pm On Apr 29, 2021
Since you claim you know it's OK Sir! smiley

jesusjnr1:
I know you don't know but think you know, which is the worst form of ignorance.
Take your abundance of ignorance and go elsewhere to teach the ignorant who do not know that you are ignorant, but ignorant of your ignorance.
Teaching by ignorants is forbidden here where there's true knowledge.
Re: Works Of Righteousness Is What Distinguishes The Sheep From The Goats by jesusjnr1: 6:58pm On Apr 29, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Since you claim you know it's OK Sir! smiley

Okay bye.

Nice to miss you!
Re: Works Of Righteousness Is What Distinguishes The Sheep From The Goats by jesusjnr1: 6:44am On Apr 30, 2021
Re: Works Of Righteousness Is What Distinguishes The Sheep From The Goats by jesusjnr1: 6:55pm On Apr 30, 2021
Re: Works Of Righteousness Is What Distinguishes The Sheep From The Goats by jesusjnr1: 8:33am On May 02, 2021
Re: Works Of Righteousness Is What Distinguishes The Sheep From The Goats by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:33am On May 24, 2021

(1) (Reply)

Prophecy: "Nnamdi Kanu Will Die Before 2022" / Yahuwah Is The Elohim And Father Of Yahushua / A Discuss Into The Book Of Esther.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.