Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,996 members, 7,946,337 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 04:26 PM

The Devil Made Me Do It. Did He? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Devil Made Me Do It. Did He? (394 Views)

If Jesus Christ Was God, Why Did He Find Fault With Some Old Testament Laws? / Question: "If Jesus Is God, Why Did He Not Know When He Would Return?" / Church Members Flog The Devil With Canes In Church (Pics, Videos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Devil Made Me Do It. Did He? by sonmvayina(m): 8:14am On Apr 29, 2021
The Satan is a created being. He was not given a free choice of his own... he was created for a purpose and he does what he was created to do. God said, “I created both good and evil”... and why did God create evil so that we would know good...

Isaiah 45:7 “I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I HaShem do all these things”

There is nothing here but God and His Name... mankind is given a free choice along with an evil inclination and a good inclination to apply your free choice too... if you apply your free choice to your good inclination and do what is right according to the Torah for the sake of heaven because God commanded it you will receive a portion in the world to come (heaven).... if you apply your free choice to your evil inclination and reject the Torah you will create your own gehinnom (hell)... the Satan has no control over which inclination (good or evil) you chose to apply your free choice too. The Satan only accuses you before God of the choices YOU made... it is not the evil that God created or the evil the Satan causes, but it is the evil YOU created from ignoring the Torah to satisfy your ego and to please your physicality. God is not evil and the Satan is not evil... YOU are the one who creates the evil out of your free choice, which allows YOUR evil inclination to cause YOU to ignore the Torah... for the sake of self alone.
Re: The Devil Made Me Do It. Did He? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:13am On Apr 29, 2021
sonmvayina:

The Satan is a created being. [s]He was not given a free choice of his own[/s]
According to God's word Satan was given a free choice of his own:

You are from your father the Devil, and you wish to do the desires of your father. That one was a murderer when he began, and he did not stand fast in the truth, because truth is not in him. When he speaks the lie, he speaks according to his own disposition, because he is a liar and the father of the lie.
John 8:44

Then Jehovah said to Satan: “Look! Everything that he has is in your hand. Only do not lay your hand on the man himself!” So Satan went out from the presence of Jehovah. Job 1:12

From this two verses it's obvious that Satan has a mind of his own (freewill) that's why God's word says all those intentionally doing what is evil takes after Satan (Genesis 3:19) because that's the first and foremost intelligent creature who chose to do evil according to his own disposition. Such persons ignores wise counsels since it won't go down well with their inner motives! Deuteronomy 32:5
On the other hand imperfection often makes us feel like doing what is bad because we're seeing the gain though short-lived! Romans 7:21-23; Hebrew 11:25 compare to Psalms 73:3-5

Isaiah 45:7 “I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I HaShem do all these things"

YES JEHOVAH is the Creator so those who love doing good and those who takes pleasure in dishonest gain are within his reach, therefore we need not panic because he is much more powerful than they are! Psalms 23:4 compare to Matthew 10:28

Thanks for showing appreciation for our book (Bible) may you have PEACE! smiley
Re: The Devil Made Me Do It. Did He? by sonmvayina(m): 11:42am On Apr 29, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

You are from your father the Devil, and you wish to do the desires of your father. That one was a murderer when he began, and he did not stand fast in the truth, because truth is not in him. When he speaks the lie, he speaks according to his own disposition, because he is a liar and the father of the lie.

Then Jehovah said to Satan: “Look! Everything that he has is in your hand. Only do not lay your hand on the man himself!” So Satan went out from the presence of Jehovah. Job 1:12

From this two verses it's obvious that Satan has a mind of his own (freewill) that's why God's word says all those intentionally doing what is evil takes after Satan (Genesis 3:19) because that's the first and foremost intelligent creature who chose to do evil according to his own disposition. Such persons ignores wise counsels since it won't go down well with their inner motives! Deuteronomy 32:5
On the other hand imperfection often makes us feel like doing what is bad because we're seeing the gain though short-lived! Romans 7:21-23; Hebrew 11:25 compare to Psalms 73:3-5

YES JEHOVAH is the Creator so those who love doing good and those who takes pleasure in dishonest gain are within his reach, therefore we need not panic because he is much more powerful than they are! Psalms 23:4 compare to Matthew 10:28

You are quoting a story book for me ....the new testament is not scripture. .

Read and understand. It is not must to display your ignorance...learn.
I did not open this to argue. I opened it to teach .

Only those with understanding. Not people like you.
Re: The Devil Made Me Do It. Did He? by sonmvayina(m): 12:09pm On Apr 29, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Did you even read the whole OP? I guess not.

"Since you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you".
Hosea 4:6
Re: The Devil Made Me Do It. Did He? by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:48pm On Apr 29, 2021
So you're also a TEACHER! cheesy
Abeg who ordained you?
OK you've been to seminary school, Shey? cheesy

sonmvayina:

You are quoting a story book for me ....the new testament is not scripture. .
Read and understand. It is not must to display your ignorance...learn.
I did not open this to argue. I opened it to teach .
Only those with understanding. Not people like you.

I'll take my leave for now, i've delivered the message! smiley
Re: The Devil Made Me Do It. Did He? by sonmvayina(m): 2:07pm On Apr 29, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
So you're also a TEACHER! cheesy
Abeg who ordained you?
OK you've been to seminary school, Shey? cheesy

I'll take my leave for now, i've delivered the message! smiley

You are a dummy, get sense first...

1 Like

Re: The Devil Made Me Do It. Did He? by 1Sharon(f): 2:12pm On Apr 29, 2021
Satan simply means ADVERSARY which can be anything or anybody.

Believe it or not God himself has been called SATAN.

(1) (Reply)

Every Genius Was A Failure - Owoeye Stephen / Lots Of Good Testimonies Worldwide About TB Joshua / Pastor Joseph Prophesy That A Bbnaija 2021 Housemate Will Set The House Ablaze

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.