Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,751 members, 7,882,580 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 09:19 AM

Flyer Design - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Flyer Design (1567 Views)

Flyer Design / Breaking The Yoke Flyer Design / My New Flyer Design (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Flyer Design by lightheart(m): 11:53pm On Apr 23, 2011
A flyer design I did for a client. Pls would appreciate ur comments, criticisms (constructive) and BIG BIG contracts, lol. Jah bless!!

Re: Flyer Design by lightheart(m): 12:01am On Apr 24, 2011
sori abt dat. d resized image comin up in a moment
Re: Flyer Design by lightheart(m): 12:10am On Apr 24, 2011
, and there u go! Gbem!!

Re: Flyer Design by redcliff: 2:14am On Apr 24, 2011
When did u start designing? I advice u shud work more on mature designs
Re: Flyer Design by lightheart(m): 10:07am On Apr 24, 2011
redcliff:

When did u start designing? I advice u shud work more on mature designs

back to the flyer, culd u be specific abt troubled areas?? commenting/advising/critisisng generally makes d whole matter vague
Re: Flyer Design by redcliff: 10:41am On Apr 24, 2011
It seems like you just started right? What are the applications you use, then I can start from there
Re: Flyer Design by lightheart(m): 1:57pm On Apr 24, 2011
redcliff:

It seems like you just started right? What are the applications you use, then I can start from there
Microsoft Word/Pagemaker/Notepad etc. Which do u suggest??
Re: Flyer Design by osasp(m): 1:12pm On Apr 25, 2011
pros ;

nice concept

cons;

the font could be different
too many shaped and colours flying up and down
i can tell you squashed those mice. . .wrong, it makes your work look unprofessional
u used a mix of warm and cool colours in an unbalanced way
unnecessary use of effects like the white to red gradient on the 'pest free'.
finally, that yellow misty thin doesn't look right for the mood (calm, rest, sleep - get the drift) sum desaturation and soft masking would do

suggestion

it all comes down to what you have really
photoshop is easily the industry standard for stuff like this
if that's what you have or can have then ur good to go.

before you start each project, draw out a mind map where you think of a choice of colours and put down words that come to mind with the mood o the project, all these things should be discussed with your client of course. then you will find that your idea for composition will be more balanced and in tune with the project.

check online for tutorials on masking techniques and try bookmarking some inspirational sites where you can go to to soak up ideas (not copy - although theres a thin line between).

conclusion

most importantly, your approach is the most important as it makes you or breaks you, if ur really interested in it ill hook you up with things that will help your workflow (that's me assuming you are doing for a profession. . .right?). oh and all that stuff above is all based on personal opinion and can be thrown out the window , that's just me speaking from experience but if the client is happy with your design then its all gd.

cheers
Re: Flyer Design by lightheart(m): 12:11am On Apr 26, 2011
osasp:

pros ;

nice concept

cons;

the font could be different
too many shaped and colours flying up and down
i can tell you squashed those mice. . .wrong, it makes your work look unprofessional
u used a mix of warm and cool colours in an unbalanced way
unnecessary use of effects like the white to red gradient on the 'pest free'.
finally, that yellow misty thin doesn't look right for the mood (calm, rest, sleep - get the drift) sum desaturation and soft masking would do

suggestion

it all comes down to what you have really
photoshop is easily the industry standard for stuff like this
if that's what you have or can have then your good to go.

before you start each project, draw out a mind map where you think of a choice of colours and put down words that come to mind with the mood o the project, all these things should be discussed with your client of course. then you will find that your idea for composition will be more balanced and in tune with the project.

check online for tutorials on masking techniques and try bookmarking some inspirational sites where you can go to to soak up ideas (not copy - although theres a thin line between).

conclusion

most importantly, your approach is the most important as it makes you or breaks you, if your really interested in it ill hook you up with things that will help your workflow (that's me assuming you are doing for a profession. . .right?). oh and all that stuff above is all based on personal opinion and can be thrown out the window , that's just me speaking from experience but if the client is happy with your design then its all gd.

cheers

Now dats some professional criticism done constructively. I rili appreciate dis. And will b more grateful if u culd hook me up wit helpful sturvs to aid my workflow. As regards d 'pest-free' thingy, I also saw dat outrightly. the font? I guess its too 'gbim gbim' (lolzz) for a calm, restful picture ryt??

Thanks bro. Jah bless ya!!
Re: Flyer Design by osasp(m): 1:04am On Apr 27, 2011
ite drop me ur email and ill send u an e book for freelancers
Re: Flyer Design by lightheart(m): 7:00am On Apr 27, 2011
k.ugwunna@gmail.com

(1) (Reply)

...become A Professional Computer Graphic Artist, Video Editor, 3D Animatior... / How was This Video Made Please? / 7 Photos To Take On Baby's First Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.