Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,870 members, 7,876,309 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 02:30 PM

Is Nigeria On The Brink Of Collapse? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Nigeria On The Brink Of Collapse? (912 Views)

UN: North Eastern Nigeria, 3 Other Countries On The Brink Of Famine In 6 Months / Niger Bridge At Risk Of Collapse, Igbo Group Cries Out / ‘NHIS On The Brink Of Collapse’ – Governing Council Raises The Alarm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Nigeria On The Brink Of Collapse? by Omooba77: 9:08am On May 01, 2021
Torrent of help for India is flowing from different parts of the world.  The country has seen the worst spikes in COVID-19 pandemic during this current time.  India has a robust health system and yet still ravaged by the pandemic. The country has an enormous pharmaceutical presence than the whole African continent combined and still became insufficient to tackle the surge in COVID-19. It is interesting to note that the majority of vaccines have been manufactured in India and yet only few jabs have been administered in India; why the contradictory sequence?

The country has had hospital beds being shared by two patients at a time, isn’t that ridiculous? It is ludicrous to imagine that a nation like India that most African nationals throng for affordable health care is having this monumental health crisis.  The amount of capital flight from Africa to India is hugely stunning.

From the foregoing, it is clear that nations around the world have issues, and challenges at different facets of their life. The whole of India is united against COVID-19. I am using this as a precept to juxtapose what Nigerian state is also faced with at the moment. Banditry, abductions and terrorism are seriously creating incohesion and tension in the land.

Elder statesmen from different origins within the country are churning out different thoughts; some are toxic while some are patriotically driven. That is not even the focus here; the focus is what kind of help does this country deserve at this time?  It is understandable that some might use this moment to score cheap political points while neglecting that human lives are involved here. Some have used their God-given conscience to stand with the nation irrespective of their political divide.

Terrorism is a global pandemic as it is; virtually all countries have mechanisms in place to checkmate the influx of the problem into their respective domains. United States of America is the largest spender on war against terrorism in the world and yet, she is still unable to defeat the scourge in the regions she has waged war against it for more than 20 years, why is this so? It is arguably sufficient to assert that the Superpower to a large extent, decimated the trend but it is invariably still lurking behind shadows despite her huge resources committed to it. The question is, why is the menace still prevalent?

Does Nigeria appear to be on the brink of collapse? The materialistic tendencies to this question appear too glaring for discerning minds. During the regime of former President Umaru Musa Yar’dua, the agitators’ noise from the South South was too deafening to be discountenanced hence; he launched massive amnesty programmes, which practically killed the agenda. The economic impacts it portended were too burdensome and yet the government did not have any choice at its disposal other than to accentuate the plan as it were.

The seceding bids from the South West are disorientated but toxic. The South West represents the most educated parts of the country though the vast majority of its people are passively self-absorbed when it comes to Igboho’s clarion call in his futile quest to have ‘Yoruba Nation’ actualized. The agitation is dead on arrival without any equivocation!

As a Nigerian, I am perturbed and baffled at the rate at which the country is being dragged by her people; if she falls down to her knees, do we have anywhere else to go? Yes, the country is being dragged negatively by its people, while others should stand tall and make her overcome the staggering challenges.

At the twilight of Trump’s administration, the country’s Capitol was attacked by a certain mob orchestrated by the outgoing president in a bid to clinch to power by crooked means. Their patriotism was ill conceived though, but it was evident that their love for their country was supreme amidst conspiracy theory advanced by Trump.

As it stands, the similitude of our challenges is akin to a ship having its inhabitants at the lower deck having to depend on the people at the upper deck for water for survival. The lower deck occupants in their wildest thoughts might decide to punch a hole at the bottom to get water instead of having to ask the upper deck occupants. If the upper class passengers were to leave them to actualize this plan, all of them would get drowned.

People of conscience must rise up to the occasion to tame their respective toxic agitators within their region to lower the temperature else the whole country will blow up in pieces. We have no other place to call home other than this country.

As a Nigerian, I have nowhere to call home except this country. I have lived all my life here and I have no need to be a refugee

Yusuf Afunku writes via : yaf1423@gmail.com

https://dailytrust.com/is-nigeria-on-the-brink-of-collapse
Re: Is Nigeria On The Brink Of Collapse? by JonDon12: 9:14am On May 01, 2021
Also what are the real covid-19 numbers from Nigeria. Please Please God help us
Re: Is Nigeria On The Brink Of Collapse? by kettykin: 9:24am On May 01, 2021
So much blood, money, energy, time, resources expended to keep the country United . If all that was expended to keep the country prosperous.,by now Nigeria would have been like china
Re: Is Nigeria On The Brink Of Collapse? by JagaLove: 9:27am On May 01, 2021
God help us
Re: Is Nigeria On The Brink Of Collapse? by helinues: 9:33am On May 01, 2021
Only in the minds of delusional thinkers
Re: Is Nigeria On The Brink Of Collapse? by Dong2: 9:42am On May 01, 2021
Omooba77:
Torrent of help for India is flowing from different parts of the world.  The country has seen the worst spikes in COVID-19 pandemic during this current time.  India has a robust health system and yet still ravaged by the pandemic. The country has an enormous pharmaceutical presence than the whole African continent combined and still became insufficient to tackle the surge in COVID-19. It is interesting to note that the majority of vaccines have been manufactured in India and yet only few jabs have been administered in India; why the contradictory sequence?

The country has had hospital beds being shared by two patients at a time, isn’t that ridiculous? It is ludicrous to imagine that a nation like India that most African nationals throng for affordable health care is having this monumental health crisis.  The amount of capital flight from Africa to India is hugely stunning.

From the foregoing, it is clear that nations around the world have issues, and challenges at different facets of their life. The whole of India is united against COVID-19. I am using this as a precept to juxtapose what Nigerian state is also faced with at the moment. Banditry, abductions and terrorism are seriously creating incohesion and tension in the land.

Elder statesmen from different origins within the country are churning out different thoughts; some are toxic while some are patriotically driven. That is not even the focus here; the focus is what kind of help does this country deserve at this time?  It is understandable that some might use this moment to score cheap political points while neglecting that human lives are involved here. Some have used their God-given conscience to stand with the nation irrespective of their political divide.

Terrorism is a global pandemic as it is; virtually all countries have mechanisms in place to checkmate the influx of the problem into their respective domains. United States of America is the largest spender on war against terrorism in the world and yet, she is still unable to defeat the scourge in the regions she has waged war against it for more than 20 years, why is this so? It is arguably sufficient to assert that the Superpower to a large extent, decimated the trend but it is invariably still lurking behind shadows despite her huge resources committed to it. The question is, why is the menace still prevalent?

Does Nigeria appear to be on the brink of collapse? The materialistic tendencies to this question appear too glaring for discerning minds. During the regime of former President Umaru Musa Yar’dua, the agitators’ noise from the South South was too deafening to be discountenanced hence; he launched massive amnesty programmes, which practically killed the agenda. The economic impacts it portended were too burdensome and yet the government did not have any choice at its disposal other than to accentuate the plan as it were.

The seceding bids from the South West are disorientated but toxic. The South West represents the most educated parts of the country though the vast majority of its people are passively self-absorbed when it comes to Igboho’s clarion call in his futile quest to have ‘Yoruba Nation’ actualized. The agitation is dead on arrival without any equivocation!

As a Nigerian, I am perturbed and baffled at the rate at which the country is being dragged by her people; if she falls down to her knees, do we have anywhere else to go? Yes, the country is being dragged negatively by its people, while others should stand tall and make her overcome the staggering challenges.

At the twilight of Trump’s administration, the country’s Capitol was attacked by a certain mob orchestrated by the outgoing president in a bid to clinch to power by crooked means. Their patriotism was ill conceived though, but it was evident that their love for their country was supreme amidst conspiracy theory advanced by Trump.

As it stands, the similitude of our challenges is akin to a ship having its inhabitants at the lower deck having to depend on the people at the upper deck for water for survival. The lower deck occupants in their wildest thoughts might decide to punch a hole at the bottom to get water instead of having to ask the upper deck occupants. If the upper class passengers were to leave them to actualize this plan, all of them would get drowned.

People of conscience must rise up to the occasion to tame their respective toxic agitators within their region to lower the temperature else the whole country will blow up in pieces. We have no other place to call home other than this country.

As a Nigerian, I have nowhere to call home except this country. I have lived all my life here and I have no need to be a refugee

Yusuf Afunku writes via : yaf1423@gmail.com

https://dailytrust.com/is-nigeria-on-the-brink-of-collapse

Abi it should collapse quick sef.
Re: Is Nigeria On The Brink Of Collapse? by Nobody: 9:52am On May 01, 2021
Thank God I'm not a Nigerian, if Nigeria collapse I will carry my back and travel to my biafra land...... grin

1 Like

Re: Is Nigeria On The Brink Of Collapse? by owobokiri(m): 10:11am On May 01, 2021
Writer is admonishing "leaders and elders" to talk to their People so as to lower the tension in the country!

Everybody wants peace to reign so that his brother in power can loot in peace! No one has taken out time to step out of his comfortable shoes, step into your "fellow country men's" shoes to feel their pain for a split second.... As far as you are concerned, they are either overreacting, getting what they deserve or totally motivated by ethnic hate against the president. Nobody sees the presidents obvious penchant for sectionalism and favoritism and the attendant repercussions...., And that's where the rub is...

The inability of the favoured parts of the country to realize that certain sections of this country are genuinely upset with the status quo, not because of ethnic chauvinism or religious preferences, but because of the need to resist institutional injustices .... , that is the main reason why finding simple solutions to Nigerias obvious problems look intractable most times...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Nigeria On The Brink Of Collapse? by RisenJoe(m): 10:35am On May 01, 2021
owobokiri:
Writer is admonishing "leaders and eders" to talk to their People so as to lower the tension in the country!

Everybody wants peace to reign so that his brother in power can loot in peace! No one has taken out time to step out of his comfortable shoes, step into your "fellow country men's" shoes to feel their pain for a split second.... As far as you are concerned, they are either overreacting, getting what they deserve or totally motivated by ethnic hate against the president. Nobody sees the presidents obvious penchant for sectionalism and favoritism and the attendant repercussions...., And that's where the rub is...

The inability of the favoured parts of the country to realize that certain sections of this country are genuinely upset with the status quo, not because of ethnic chauvinism or religious preferences, but because of the need to resist institutional injustices .... , that is the main reason why finding simple solutions to Nigerias obvious problems look intractable most times...

God bless you so much for this contribution, everyone is saying we want peace but none of those hypocrites will ever demand for justice, equity, fairness and development meanwhile the peace we've been having all along is being bastardized by people who call themselves one nigerianist

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Nigeria On The Brink Of Collapse? by tollyboy5(m): 11:45am On May 01, 2021
RisenJoe:

God bless you so much for this contribution, everyone is saying we want peace but none of those hypocrites will ever demand for justice, equity, fairness and development meanwhile the peace we've been having all along is being bastardized by people who call themselves one nigerianist
All I could say is , by the special grace of God this con3 will fall.

I'm not Igbo tho grin .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Nigeria On The Brink Of Collapse? by Omooba77: 5:28pm On May 01, 2021
Dong2:

Abi it should collapse quick sef.
The way things are, Only God... Lalasticlala is Nigeria still standing?
Re: Is Nigeria On The Brink Of Collapse? by immortal2: 6:46pm On May 01, 2021
A land were the blood of the innocent is spilled on a massive scale is defiled. It will only take the shedding of the blood of the killers to cleanse that land. For this reason, God will destroy Nigeria and the wicked who shed innocent blood. This Fulani regime will be overthrown in a very bloody coup because of they were the people who brought in mercenaries to kill the innocent. The blood of evidence for the defilement of Leah Sharibu will cause the Angel of death to go after the the leaders of the Caliphate.

All these shall happen within 3 months. Our Ahab must fall in Ramoth Gilead, it is already determined. Any person who takes over when our Ahab falls and pretends to be Ahab shall bury all his Children in one day.

1 Like

Re: Is Nigeria On The Brink Of Collapse? by Nobody: 6:48pm On May 01, 2021
helinues:
Only in the minds of delusional thinkers
APCheat

cc lzaa ngadaAwo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Nigeria On The Brink Of Collapse? by helinues: 6:49pm On May 01, 2021
imhotep:

APCheat

cc lzaa ngadaAwo

Switch monikers...

Mods are patiently waiting for you

Eish!
Re: Is Nigeria On The Brink Of Collapse? by EMMY76: 7:56pm On May 01, 2021
How long will the nigerian state continue to waste millions of innocent lives just to keep an obviously unworkable hateful union? Nigeria is created and structured to fail there's absolutely nothing anyone can do about it.
Re: Is Nigeria On The Brink Of Collapse? by Rosskiiku: 4:22am On May 02, 2021
lucky999:
Thank God I'm not a Nigerian, if Nigeria collapse I will carry my back and travel to my biafra land...... grin

So why aren't you in your biafraland NOW, instead of depending on Nigerians for your existence?
Re: Is Nigeria On The Brink Of Collapse? by Omooba77: 9:38am On May 03, 2021
Hausa are even afraid of collapse....
Re: Is Nigeria On The Brink Of Collapse? by Omooba77: 12:36pm On May 03, 2021
Seun was Lalastically here.

(1) (Reply)

Poverty Is Not The Only Reason For Criminality In Nigeria. / 22 Year Old Nigerian Wins Council Election In U.S / IPOB...... It's Becoming A Jamboree

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.