Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,877 members, 7,895,798 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 July 2024 at 06:15 PM

Lagos, Abuja, Onitsha, & Port Harcourt In 2050 (pics) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos, Abuja, Onitsha, & Port Harcourt In 2050 (pics) (4515 Views)

Bigger Cargoes To Berth At Onitsha Port Soon – FG / NIWA Begins Concession Process For Onitsha Port (Photos) / Federal House Committee Inspects Onitsha Port Complex- Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos, Abuja, Onitsha, & Port Harcourt In 2050 (pics) by JaceBlaze: 9:29am On May 02, 2021

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Abuja, Onitsha, & Port Harcourt In 2050 (pics) by Biafravd: 9:33am On May 02, 2021
By then biafravd land go become potopoto capital of the world
Re: Lagos, Abuja, Onitsha, & Port Harcourt In 2050 (pics) by TMKsouth: 9:38am On May 02, 2021
JaceBlaze:

Mara y u laffin' Jace? grin
Re: Lagos, Abuja, Onitsha, & Port Harcourt In 2050 (pics) by custainmowole: 9:41am On May 02, 2021
mouthofThegod:
Onitsha should be replaced with Tinubu's hometown my dear brother grin
Its not dirty and it doesn't stink grin

cheesy

That picture you posted is depressing. Yoruba towns and cities are rusty and littered with mud houses
Re: Lagos, Abuja, Onitsha, & Port Harcourt In 2050 (pics) by Zachsneider: 9:56am On May 02, 2021
Heyy,

Good Morning!, trust you had a great night?
Whenever you see this: just know you can get 10% off on all your orders from jumia when you use this code: APSTYLER.

you're welcome smiley
Re: Lagos, Abuja, Onitsha, & Port Harcourt In 2050 (pics) by hargbolahan01: 9:58am On May 02, 2021
Rosskiiku:

In Nigeria of 1960, 90% of the population were illiterate village peasants.

That figure is down to 34% today.

No road led to your village in 1960. Just a footpath.

Most likely, nobody in, or from your village owned a car in 1960.

Owning a bicycle was the sign that you'd 'arrived'.

Cars were only for the super-duper rich.

In 1960, most children walked around naked and barefooted even in the cities, and there was not a single power station in the entire country.

Kainji dam was our first power plant, commissioned in 1964 by the Balewa administration.

The colonialists used large imported industrial generators to power GRAs where their people stayed.

Everyone else used lamp and candle.

Forget about communications and access to phones.

You couldn't survive 2 days in the Nigeria of 1960.

Independence was the best thing that ever happened to you.

and most of the villages road are bad as anything in 2021 with most of the federal road is death trap e.g oyo-ogbomosho road,oyo- iseyin road and the busiest road in the country Lagos-ibadan is very bad despite the facts they have been reconstructing for over ten years with billions yearly.

we have never had rail system in this country expect the newly built lagos- ibadan railway if not the ones that british built

even most of the GRA today are powered by generator even we run our own country... do you even know we have not built 1000MW of transmission lines since fourth republic of 1999.it been two years since govt signed a deal with siemens AG on 11000MW on generation and transmission to be delivered 2023 but not a single work had been done in 2021.... to many people surprise the work has not even started on overhyped kambilla power project after billions in budget.. even minister had to got helicopter just to check it something he could have watched with drone....those are people that will lead you to future

even though it a good idea that you want us to enjoy what others are enjoying in 2020 in 2050 but do we have plans to get there

let's keep dreaming at least it keeps hope alive

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Abuja, Onitsha, & Port Harcourt In 2050 (pics) by Crystalom3(m): 10:02am On May 02, 2021
In 1865 people thought the world will be like this

Here's what you're going to learn inside:

1. The most powerful form of male seduction that can KEEP a man helplessly addicted to chasing you.

2. How to keep a man interested by doing the one thing MOST women are terrified of doing when they find a great guy.

3. An irritating habit that causes high-quality men to stop pursuing a woman almost INSTANTLY.

4. How to "rebuff" undesirable male behavior and get the guy you want to either take you seriously or take a HIKE!

5. A simple Ego-Popping phrase that burns into a mans memory, keeps you STUCK on his mind, and makes him DESPERATE to see you again.

6. How to seduce a man and MELT his heart by overwhelming him with the ONE THING only the RIGHT woman can give him.

7. A dangerous and common dating mistake that FORCES a man to disappear or log out of a relationship...for GOOD.

8. Foolproof dating rules for women (the Nice Girls) who feel that men CONSTANTLY take advantage of their love and kindness.

And much, much more...

Would You Like to Know More?

https://paystack.com/buy/never-chase-men-again-the-ultimate-guide-on-how-to-attract-ah

Re: Lagos, Abuja, Onitsha, & Port Harcourt In 2050 (pics) by gregyboy(m): 10:24am On May 02, 2021
Rosskiiku:
Abuja

Lagos

Are you on hard drugs bro.....

You didn't even say 3020
Re: Lagos, Abuja, Onitsha, & Port Harcourt In 2050 (pics) by JaceBlaze: 10:45am On May 02, 2021
TMKsouth:

Mara y u laffin' Jace? grin

This futuristic city with flying cars had me dead grin

2 Likes

Re: Lagos, Abuja, Onitsha, & Port Harcourt In 2050 (pics) by SensualMan1(m): 11:41am On May 02, 2021
ahnie:
Onitsha should be taken from vision blurry 2050.The dirt and stink in that city can make arsene Wenger to wear weavon.

I just have this disdain against onitsha,my heart is always in my mouth anytime I go to onitsha...agberos are now hanging I barb wired like midnight bats just to extolled innocent legit hustlers.

Onitsha issa Nay for me.
Which Onitsha?

Shut up mad woman!

The stench from ur mouth is nauseating.

Shut up one more time.

Mad woman.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos, Abuja, Onitsha, & Port Harcourt In 2050 (pics) by sofiscatedmoron: 12:26pm On May 02, 2021
Only PDP can do it
Re: Lagos, Abuja, Onitsha, & Port Harcourt In 2050 (pics) by illicit(m): 5:42pm On May 02, 2021
AllenSpencer:
Op, Do you smoke Marijuana, abuse alcohol or illicit substances?

I don't have any substance

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Abuja, Onitsha, & Port Harcourt In 2050 (pics) by Shattuck(m): 6:43pm On May 02, 2021
lol this life no be nollywood
Re: Lagos, Abuja, Onitsha, & Port Harcourt In 2050 (pics) by NwaNimo1(m): 6:47pm On May 02, 2021
Re: Lagos, Abuja, Onitsha, & Port Harcourt In 2050 (pics) by Fairandlovely(f): 10:29pm On May 02, 2021
OP if i elbow u ennnn angry
Re: Lagos, Abuja, Onitsha, & Port Harcourt In 2050 (pics) by Rosskiiku: 10:37pm On May 02, 2021
peropoliet:
but your grand parents survived it .... so you lie

Did I say nobody survived it?

Of course people survived it.

My grandparents were illiterate village peasants, just like 95% of our grand/great grandparents, courtesy of near zero investment in education by the colonial looters in their 70 year rule, even as they exported our resources worth trillions.

Would you prefer to be an illiterate, hut-dwelling village peasant than what you are today?

If the answer is no, then you will be dumb to imagine that 1960 was better than today.
Re: Lagos, Abuja, Onitsha, & Port Harcourt In 2050 (pics) by Rosskiiku: 10:45pm On May 02, 2021
hargbolahan01:
and most of the villages road are bad as anything in 2021 with most of the federal road is death trap e.g oyo-ogbomosho road,oyo- iseyin road and the busiest road in the country Lagos-ibadan is very bad despite the facts they have been reconstructing for over ten years with billions yearly.

we have never had rail system in this country expect the newly built lagos- ibadan railway if not the ones that british built

even most of the GRA today are powered by generator even we run our own country... do you even know we have not built 1000MW of transmission lines since fourth republic of 1999.it been two years since govt signed a deal with siemens AG on 11000MW on generation and transmission to be delivered 2023 but not a single work had been done in 2021.... to many people surprise the work has not even started on overhyped kambilla power project after billions in budget.. even minister had to got helicopter just to check it something he could have watched with drone....those are people that will lead you to future

even though it a good idea that you want us to enjoy what others are enjoying in 2020 in 2050 but do we have plans to get there

let's keep dreaming at least it keeps hope alive

LEARN TO SEE THE GLASS AS HALF FULL RATHER THAN HALF EMPTY.

You are EXPERT at reeling off the names of bad roads, but if I ask you to name the GOOD roads (of which there are many), you probably couldn't, because you've conditioned your mind to see only the negative.

Nigeria is a developing country, like 80% of nations on earth. She will have bad roads for many decades still. She will also have many great roads built. Power shortages will be a problem for at least another decade. That is a business opportunity to go into renewable energy sources.

I find it quite boring constantly reading the ''characteristics of developing nations'', which most of you peoples' moaning amounts to.

Plus the Mambilla (not Kambilla) power project is very much on stream and under construction, which was delayed by a legal tussle with a former contractor. And there is nothing ''overhyped'' about it, as its capacity is over 3,200 megawatts, with a project cost of 5.5 billion dollars. It is a gigantic project and a real game changer for the power sector.

https://allafrica.com/stories/202104300714.html
Re: Lagos, Abuja, Onitsha, & Port Harcourt In 2050 (pics) by Rosskiiku: 11:07pm On May 02, 2021
JaceBlaze:

This futuristic city with flying cars had me dead grin

It's gonna happen sooner than you think.

We'll have flying cars everywhere even by 2030.

Latest 2035.
Re: Lagos, Abuja, Onitsha, & Port Harcourt In 2050 (pics) by Rossiminku: 6:51am On May 30, 2021
sofiscatedmoron:
Only PDP can do it

It would be great if they turn a new leaf, and really go for it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Do People Read This Portion Of Bible In Nigeria? (photo) / Efcc To Bar Corrupt Politicians From Contesting ! / A Great Speech By Sanusi Lamido Sanusi (the CBN Governor)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.