Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,995 members, 7,949,385 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 08:20 AM

Can You Pay The Price? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can You Pay The Price? (261 Views)

If You Refuse To Pay The Ultimate Sacrifice By Avoiding Worldliness / Do You Pay Tithe Or Your Debt First. / Is It Only Men That Pay The Price? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Can You Pay The Price? by Btruth: 7:24am On May 03, 2021
Can you pay the price?

Mon, 3 May 2021

‘I run straight for the finish line.’ 1 Corinthians 9:26

Long-distance runners don’t just focus on speed, but on endurance. They pace themselves so that as they approach the finish line, they can pull out all the stops. Paul said, ‘I run the race then with determination... I am my body’s sternest master for fear that… I should... be disqualified.’ (1 Corinthians 9:26–27 PHPS)

For long-distance runners, giving up isn’t an option. Despite delays and disappointments along the way, they know they’ll never be satisfied sitting on the sidelines cheering for those who’ve paid the price to run the race. So if you’re the kind of person who longs to fulfil your God-ordained purpose in life—give it everything you’ve got. Go for it, and don’t forget that the greater our talents, the greater our responsibility. It’s one thing to achieve success; it’s another thing to handle the pressures that go along with it. Keep your eyes on ‘Jesus, the champion who initiates and perfects our faith.’ (Hebrews 12:2 NLT)

Having something great to look forward to enables you to endure. And God will expose you to opposition and criticism to strengthen your character. That way, when greater blessings and responsibilities come, you’ll be able to handle them. Success is only possible when you have a passion to cross the finish line. So the question is, can you pay the price? When the pressure is on, can you stand up like Nehemiah when he rebuilt Jerusalem’s walls and tell your opponents: ‘My work is too important to stop’ (Nehemiah 6:3 CEV)? If your answer is yes, fix your eye on the goal and run to the finish line.

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye Enoch ,you Are The Caused Of Your Problems / The Blood Of Jesus Is Sinless And Without Blemish. Pt. 1 / What Will Your Legacy Be? (3)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.