Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,720 members, 7,975,755 topics. Date: Tuesday, 15 October 2024 at 12:00 PM

Peaceful Division Of Nigeria, What Are The Benefits - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peaceful Division Of Nigeria, What Are The Benefits (482 Views)

Hausa Bakwai And Hausa Banza: The Ancient Division Of Northern Nigeria. / If You Could Change One Thing About Nigeria, What Would You Change? / 2023: Division In Presidency Over Choice Of Buhari’s Successor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peaceful Division Of Nigeria, What Are The Benefits by realG101(m): 9:15pm On May 03, 2021
I am Nigerian and proud. And every nigerian equally is, except they stopped at some point.

I will not bore you with all the grace and natural endowments nigeria is blessed it, these things are undeniably true but have all become a mirage in the face of poor leadership and human capital.

The big question is where did we go wrong?

If you keep an open mind, there are dozens of correct answers to the above question but for the sake of time, let's consider the most critical answer.

I am of the opinion that the problem is foundational, inherent, it was perceived, premeditated and carefully orchestrated.

Before the creation of one Nigeria, the major constituents of Nigeria were great kingdoms that rose from very distinct dynasties with established sense of indentity and heritage.

Bear in mind that these kingdoms had their working socio political ideals in place and were already flourishing before the colonialists came and merged them for administrative purpose.

I will not fall to the temptation of blaming our political fore fathers for delivering an imperfect or pseudo country to the incoming (now current) generation. I will in fact say they accomplished their own part of the struggle. It certainly behoves on the next generation to make further amends, negotiations and renegotiation till ideal nation-states would be created.

Nigeria (like many other countries) is referred to as a developing country for a reason. To me, the idea is that its architecture is still subject to corrections and modifications. These corrections are the responsibility of the current generation, OUR GENERATION.

'Nigeria's unity is non negotiable'

The above statement is the greatest aberration by the govt/elites of Nigeria. This however is not unconnected to the fact that they are big time beneficiaries of the faulty system as it is human nature to tend to be selfish.

I lay the above foundation to put my hopes of a peaceful divorce of Nigeria in proper perspective and in the same breath, state the gains we all stand to experience if Nigeria eventually breaks up.

1. It will be a refreshing new dawn for ODUDUWA REPUBLIC, BIAFRA and even the new Nigeria which will usher in new orientation, hope and motivation for their respective peoples. The political/developmental fatigue will all be gone and we will all be rejuvenated.

2. We will witness the birth of true, viable nation-states whereby ethnic intolerance crisis will become a thing of the past and tribal marginalisation will become very minimal.

3. Religious crisis will also be drastically minimized. In my opinion, northern Nigeria is predominantly Islamic while the south-east is predominantly Christian. The southwest to the best of my knowledge is a very liberal zone (christianity or Islam, anyone goes). If these 3 regions would have their own nations, religious crisis will evidently be eliminated.

4. There will be rapid development in BIAFRA, ODUDUWA and new Nigeria as 3 different nations.

'The problems Nigeria is facing today as a country is normal, the likes of US have had similar problems and it took them hundreds of years to get to where they are today'

Again, the above is another blackmail and false statement told to Nigerians to delay the country's political destiny.

We are in the information age, and everything happens faster now than they ever did. Even kids of today learn and mature faster.

The fact that we are a colonial country does not mean we need 250 years like the United states before we develop. China, Dubai just to mention a few did not spend up to 50year to get to where they are today. FYI China was also colonised by Britain.

Like I said, we are in the age of information, and knowledge is everywhere. Blueprint for development is available to every willing nation. What it take for a country to develop are:

a. More science and less religiosity
b. One National identity and one direction
c. Quality, merit based leadership

If BIAFRA, ODUDUWA emerge, the political power brokers will lose their influence to the new order, then the above development blueprint stand a chance to be executed.

Also, there will be a sort of healthy competition towards growth and development among the 3 new countries.

5. Ease of governance. If we achieve the division of nigeria, the leaders of the new countries will become more effective and productive due to moderate sizes of their nations' populations.

'Our population is our strength'

Above is another terrible lie to Nigerians. A nation's ability to prosper does not depend on the size of its population. Nigeria's population is more than that of Britain and France put together, and these are giant world powers.

In closing, there is a saying that 20 children cannot play together for 20 years.

Let us choose peace and progress over unity in penury.

I hope this meets you well.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peaceful Division Of Nigeria, What Are The Benefits by Nobody: 9:57pm On May 03, 2021
good point

just compare 3 countries giving employment to people (200million)

each as many as they can and a single country tying to be the only person they'll look up to for any hope of employment.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peaceful Division Of Nigeria, What Are The Benefits by Nobody: 10:10pm On May 03, 2021
imagine 3-4 countries
3 to 4 presidents
3to 4 governments

1. there will be competition for good governing and good economy(like, we were once together and see where they are now)

2. there will be peace

3. less protest or complaint over domination

3. enough works

4. unity (that will not stop us from living together)

and somuch more

Help Us Oh Lord, And Give Middle Bet One, When You'll Give East And West Freedom. We Don't Want To Be Share Among North East And West And We Don't Want To Be Merge With Any Of Them.

Nevertheless Let Your Will Be Done

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peaceful Division Of Nigeria, What Are The Benefits by Praxis758: 1:17am On May 04, 2021
It will be a win-win for the progressive minded regions who are being held captive by conservative union.

This 1999 Constitution is the biggest disastrous document ever written in history. Breaking Nigeria will remove the evil quota system that is draining and frustrating intellectual resourcing our other regions.

(1) (Reply)

Why Must We Have Cattle Ranch In The South / . / Constitution Review: Ohaneze Storm Abia/Imo Center, Insist on Restructuring

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.