Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,629 members, 7,918,032 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 08:51 PM

Our Permanent Residence! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Our Permanent Residence! (283 Views)

Methodist Church Claims ₦35M Damages For Collapsed Mast On Pastor’s Residence / Former Pope Benedict XVI Dies At His Vatican Residence, Aged 95 / Nigeria Adopts Jordan As Permanent Pilgrimage Destination (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Our Permanent Residence! by topshore(f): 8:48am On May 04, 2021
Scripture Text: John 14:2-4

Calvary greetings to us brethren and glory to God for another gift of life.

Our Lord Jesus Christ affirms to us through today's Scripture: "In my Father's House, there are many Mansions; if it were not, I would have told you. I have gone ahead to prepare a place for you, and when everything is set I will come back to take you there. You already know the way there".

This Word of the Lord tells us that this present world we are living is temporary, and that we have a permanent home full of mansions in Heaven. Hence, we should always see ourselves as strangers in this world and never plan to settle with this present world because it will surely disappear.

The Features and Uniqueness of Our Permanent Residence
1. It is in Heaven and our final destination
2. It is full of mansions enough to accommodate every believer.
3. It is the place where the heirs of God through Christ will be joint forever.
4. It is a secured home where moth and rust cannot corrupt nor thieves can break through.
5. It is the place of rest where there is no struggle, worries, fear of tomorrow, sorrow, tears and death(Math.6:10-21; Revelations 14:3, 21:4; Math. 5:20)

However, to get to our permanent resident, we need a passport. This passport is the only Way to occupy our mansion. He is Jesus!

Jesus is the Way to Heaven, our final destination to go and be with God forever. He has promised that He will come to take us back home, and His Word never fails. What we need to do is to live a godly life in this world to qualify us as on of the home(mansion)-owner in heaven. Let's live everyday in Christ with eternity in view.

Repent of your sins, check if you are standing right and if your heart is right with God. Embrace holiness, for without it no man can enter the permanent residence to see God. Nothing unclean shall be allowed in.

Jesus promised His disciples to give them these Mansions. Ask yourself if you are one of Jesus' disciples qualified for this promise.

There are still many rooms and mansions to claim. Just amend your ways and take up your Cross daily in Christ. Surrender your life to Jesus today and make Him Your Lord and Saviour so that even if you die you can occupy His mansion and be a permanent resident in God's Kingdom.

God bless you in Jesus mighty name, amen.

Prayer Points
1. Lord Jesus let me not be satisfied with things of this world that will rust away but set my satisfaction on the treasures of heaven, in the name of Jesus.
2. Lord, help me to examine and prepare myself for heaven daily, so that I will not be caught unaware in the name of Jesus.
3. Lord Jesus, when you come back, take me to live with You forever in heaven- my permanent residence in the name of Jesus.

Peace!

Culled from Mountain Top Daily Devotional.

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Chris :does God Have A Chosen Spouse For Everyone / Do Muslims Also Hear From Allah Before Engaging Their Partners? / A Week In The Life Of An Orisa Priestess Trying To Guide People To Their Destiny

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.