Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,834 members, 7,969,508 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 08:59 AM

Presidential Poll: It Is Not Over Yet, Says Bakare - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidential Poll: It Is Not Over Yet, Says Bakare (867 Views)

Anambra Poll: It Was Cash For Votes! / We Have No Nation Yet, Says Tinubu / I'm A Thorough-bred Egba Man, Says Bakare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Presidential Poll: It Is Not Over Yet, Says Bakare by Abagworo(m): 12:55am On Apr 25, 2011
Monday, April 25, 2011
• Bakare
Photo: Sun News Publishing

* More Stories on This Section

The vice presidential candidate of the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC), Pastor Tunde Bakare, has said the last has not been heard of the April 16 presidential poll, in which the Independent National Electoral Commission(INEC) declared President Goodluck Jonathan winner.

Bakare, who maintained that the election was manipulated in favour of President Jonathan of the Peoples Democratic Party(PDP), said his party would pursue the issue to its logical conclusion. He said the CPC had evidence that the election results declared by INEC was not a true representation of the poll.

The fiery preacher who said voting and counting at the polling booths were transparent, alleged that it was during the collation of the result that the alleged fraud against his party was perpetrated. He expressed optimism that at the end of the day, the whole truth on the election would be laid bare.

“ I don’t think it is over yet. April 16 election and the consequences that would come out of it will put an end to election malpractices in Nigeria. We will go to court not because we are bad losers, but because we want the whole world to know what happened. We are not going to do a single protest. The reason why we are in court is because we want the world to see what actually transpired,” he declared.
He stated this at a service of the Latter Rain Assembly in Lagos, which he pastors. While delivering the Sunday sermon titled, “God is all over”, Bakare said there was nothing hidden in the sight of God. He said even those things done in the secret places are all bare before God. “How can anyone hide anything from God, He knows everything. Behind the scene, when no one sees you, He does”.

The CPC presidential running mate said all those that think they are in charge and as such, can manipulate the destiny of a people or a nation should beware because “, all the manipulation will come to an end, and the truth will be told some day.” You can cheat others and get away with it, there are some you cannot cheat and get away with. He berated the clerics who are hailing the April 16 presidential election as credible, saying they don’t even know what is happening. Bakare said the leadership of the church has polluted themselves, “That is why they say they thank God for a peaceful election, unfortunately for them, the money paid to them, the serial numbers were taken.”

Speaking on the violence that engulfed the northern parts of the country following the declaration of the result, he said his party had no hand in the crisis. Bakare said that he prayed that God will help those affected by the uprising in Northern Nigeria and help the country not to slide into the precipice.
“We never instigated crisis. You don’t have to rise up to destroy property, kill people; you don’t prove any point. You don’t destroy.

You let destroyers destroy themselves. There is a better way to fight. The majority that is wrong would become a minority. The minority that is right would become a majority. “Everything that is going, on is being blamed on the leadership of the CPC. The question is, who is afraid of Buhari. He offered himself to serve, they ganged up and cooked up figures, and it appeared like the man lost an election. We are not destroyers of life and property. He was the first to get to Aljazeera TV. They are going to give a dog a bad name to hang it. I am against killing. But can you repress a people that feel cheated?, the CPC chieftain queried
Re: Presidential Poll: It Is Not Over Yet, Says Bakare by Beaf: 1:01am On Apr 25, 2011
Lol!

The vast majority of the good people of Nigeria urge Tunde Bakare to shut up and take his so called evidence to court. It really can't be that difficult.
In the meantime, I suggest to all Nigerians that we find ways to haul Buhari and Bakare before the International Criminal Court. The prosecutor has already expressed interest and only needs evidence that the violence was planned.
Re: Presidential Poll: It Is Not Over Yet, Says Bakare by Beaf: 1:51am On Apr 25, 2011
He berated the clerics who are hailing the April 16 presidential election as credible, saying they don’t even know what is happening. Bakare said the leadership of the church has polluted themselves, “That is why they say they thank God for a peaceful election, unfortunately for them, the money paid to them, the serial numbers were taken.”

"The serial numbers of the notes were taken?"
Dishonest people always try to fill the air with noise so it seems they are attacking when in reality they are running away and talking crap.
The statement about serial numbers is so nonsensical that one wonders if Tunde Bakare is actually a lawyer or if he didn't buy "University of Toronto" documents. How can a graduate say something so uniquely daft?
Re: Presidential Poll: It Is Not Over Yet, Says Bakare by koruji(m): 2:04am On Apr 25, 2011
This call to drag Buhari & Bakare to the International Criminal Court is silly in my opinion. This is what needs to happen if GEJ truly wants to build a new Nigeria in deed and not by mouth alone:

1. Those arrested for the dastardly acts of burning, pillaging and killing must be prosecuted swiftly.

2. They must receive the highest punishment available - by which I mean death, if I am not being clear.

The events that have followed the presidential election is partly due to GEJ's tendency to do too many "political calculations" with his decisions. These events were presaged and primed over and over again by repeated murderous rampages in Jos, Borno and bombings all over.

How many persons have been prosecuted and punished swiftly, even when they were caught red-handed, under GEJ? None that I am aware of. Why won't people immediately resort to violence with that kind of laxity.

President GEJ has been adviced to have some of these animals publicly executed after dragging them before the nation, and incontrovertibly tying them to their gruesome acts in full view of the world.

How long are we going to be hiding behind the UN? Iran brought enough weapons to start a war into your country, you go to the U.N.; Your elections are not considered credible until you have the U.N. and other observers watching it; Now, you cannot handle the election crisis without calling the U.N.

It is becoming a bad habit.

Beaf:

Lol!

The vast majority of the good people of Nigeria urge Tunde Bakare to shut up and take his so called evidence to court. It really can't be that difficult.
In the meantime, I suggest to all Nigerians that we find ways to haul Buhari and Bakare before the International Criminal Court. The prosecutor has already expressed interest and only needs evidence that the violence was planned.
Re: Presidential Poll: It Is Not Over Yet, Says Bakare by koruji(m): 2:12am On Apr 25, 2011
Of course,he is b.ullshiting here.

What he is saying is that those who gave them bribes (if indeed they were given bribes) recorded the serial numbers. The question is, how would he come about such information?

He is either suggesting that some of those involved are talking to Bakare & friends or that CPC conducted some kind of sting on this people. That is the bull right there.

Beaf:

"The serial numbers of the notes were taken?"
Dishonest people always try to fill the air with noise so it seems they are attacking when in reality they are running away and talking crap.
The statement about serial numbers is so nonsensical that one wonders if Tunde Bakare is actually a lawyer or if he didn't buy "University of Toronto" documents. How can a graduate say something so uniquely daft?
Re: Presidential Poll: It Is Not Over Yet, Says Bakare by ektbear: 2:25am On Apr 25, 2011
I'm glad. Let them investigate it rather than sweeping it under the rug.
Re: Presidential Poll: It Is Not Over Yet, Says Bakare by Beaf: 2:28am On Apr 25, 2011
koruji:

This call to drag Buhari & Bakare to the International Criminal Court is silly in my opinion. This is what needs to happen if GEJ truly wants to build a new Nigeria in deed and not by mouth alone:

1. Those arrested for the dastardly acts of burning, pillaging and killing must be prosecuted swiftly.

2. They must receive the highest punishment available - by which I mean death, if I am not being clear.

The events that have followed the presidential election is partly due to GEJ's tendency to do too many "political calculations" with his decisions. These events were presaged and primed over and over again by repeated murderous rampages in Jos, Borno and bombings all over.

How many persons have being prosecuted and punished swiftly, even when they were caught red-handed, under GEJ? None that I am aware of. Why won't people immediately resort to violence with that kind of laxity.

President GEJ has been adviced to have some of these animals publicly executed after dragging them before the nation, and incontrovertibly tying them to their gruesome acts in full view of the world.

How long are we going to be hiding behind the UN? Iran brought enough weapons to start a war into your country, you go to the U.N.; Your elections are not considered credible until you have the U.N. and other observers watching it; Now, you cannot handle the election crisis without calling the U.N.

It is becoming a bad habit.

The ICC is independent from the UN, so the basis of your argument is wrong. Nigeria is a signatory to the ICC and there are Nigerian lawyers involved in its activities.
As long as we are fully signed up to the ICC's charter, we must avail ourselves of its services if need be.

The beauty of the ICC, is that you and I (any ordinary citizen) can invoke powers of judgement on every and anyone where the circumstances are right (free of charge). The ICC is already investigating, so all we need do is lubricate the process.
Re: Presidential Poll: It Is Not Over Yet, Says Bakare by Nobody: 2:28am On Apr 25, 2011
Nigeria is very disgusting and the country would never gain meaningful progress. Innocent youths were killed while serving their country and nobody cares. Disgusting bastards like bakare are still playing politics with the blood of innocent souls. Even the media which I thought would take up the matter are not even bothered because journalists weren't killed. Everybody is silent. Nigerians are a disgrace to the human race and I am ashamed of being called a Nigerian.
Re: Presidential Poll: It Is Not Over Yet, Says Bakare by koruji(m): 2:38am On Apr 25, 2011
You missed my real point here, and you are also wrong in separating the ICC from the U.N.

ICC may be independent of the U.N. the way INEC was supposed to be independent of the Nigerian Government  wink, but is nevertheless an organ of the U.N. See ICC history below (Wikipedia).

My real point is that President GEJ has a tendency to defer presidential decisions to others. You might think I am trying to rubbish him, but that would be wrong. It is a bad sign, and if the people you are talking about are as bad as you make them to be then they probably can smell the blood in the water. If he doesn't correct this tendency to make tough decisions untraceable to the presidency, it will be his undoing.

History

The establishment of an international tribunal to judge political leaders accused of war crimes was first made during the Paris Peace Conference in 1919 by the Commission of Responsibilities. The issue was addressed again at conference held in Geneva under the auspices of the League of Nations on 1–16 November 1937, but no practical results followed. The United Nations states that the General Assembly first recognised the need for a permanent international court to deal with atrocities of the kind committed during World War II in 1948, following the Nuremberg and Tokyo Tribunals.[3] At the request of the General Assembly, the International Law Commission drafted two statutes by the early 1950s but these were shelved as the Cold War made the establishment of an international criminal court politically unrealistic.[21]

Benjamin B. Ferencz, an investigator of Nazi war crimes after World War II and the Chief Prosecutor for the United States Army at the Einsatzgruppen Trial, one of the twelve military trials held by the U.S. authorities at Nuremberg, later became a vocal advocate of the establishment of an international rule of law and of an International Criminal Court. In his first book published in 1975, entitled Defining International Aggression-The Search for World Peace, he argued for the establishment of such an international court.[22]

The idea was revived in 1989 when A. N. R. Robinson, then Prime Minister of Trinidad and Tobago, proposed the creation of a permanent international court to deal with the illegal drug trade.[21][23] While work began on a draft statute, the international community established ad hoc tribunals to try war crimes in the former Yugoslavia and Rwanda, established in 1994, further highlighting the need for a permanent international criminal court.[24]

Following years of negotiations, the General Assembly convened a conference in Rome in June 1998, with the aim of finalizing a treaty. On 17 July 1998, the Rome Statute of the International Criminal Court was adopted by a vote of 120 to 7, with 21 countries abstaining. The seven countries that voted against the treaty were China, Iraq, Israel, Libya, Qatar, United States, and Yemen.[25]

The Rome Statute became a binding treaty on 11 April 2002, when the number of countries that had ratified it reached sixty.[4] The Statute legally came into force on 1 July 2002,[4] and the ICC can only prosecute crimes committed after that date.[5] The first bench of 18 judges was elected by an Assembly of States Parties in February 2003. They were sworn in at the inaugural session of the court on 11 March 2003.[26] The court issued its first arrest warrants on 8 July 2005,[27] and the first pre-trial hearings were held in 2006.[28]

During a Review Conference of the International Criminal Court Statute in Kampala, Uganda, two amendments to the Rome Statute of the International Criminal Court were adopted on June 10 and June 11, 2010. The second amendment concerns the definition of the crime of aggression.

Beaf:

The ICC is independent from the UN, so the basis of your argument is wrong. Nigeria is a signatory to the ICC and there are Nigerian lawyers involved in its activities.
As long as we are fully signed up to the ICC's charter, we must avail ourselves of its services if need be.
The beauty of the ICC, is that you and I can invoke powers of judgement on every and anyone where the circumstances are right. The ICC is already investigating, so all we need do is lubricate the process.
Re: Presidential Poll: It Is Not Over Yet, Says Bakare by Nobody: 2:39am On Apr 25, 2011
ekt_bear:

I'm glad. Let them investigate it rather than sweeping it under the rug.
under which rug,abeg bone the loser.
he is known to be good at talking from all sides of his mouth and for it to take him 9 days to make a comment on the outcome of an election he losed, means he certainly was short of words or was thinking of what to say and possibly how to call for another wild wild north
Re: Presidential Poll: It Is Not Over Yet, Says Bakare by Kobojunkie: 2:45am On Apr 25, 2011
J12:

Nigeria is very disgusting and the country would never gain meaningful progress. Innocent youths were killed while serving their country and nobody cares. Disgusting bastards like bakare are still playing politics with the blood of innocent souls.

He is playing politics with the blood of innocent souls? How so? By demanding justice in this since it seems many like you are too content with blaming him for the crime without following due process.  undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
J12:

Even the media which I thought would take up the matter are not even bothered because journalists weren't killed. Everybody is silent. Nigerians are a disgrace to the human race and I am ashamed of being called a Nigerian.
Why should the media be perturbed this time around? I mean it's not like this does not happen like every other month in Nigeria at this point. Remember the riots of January 2010?? November? December?Bombings of January 2011? Even February/March? All the noise made of those . . . what become of those stories? The lives lost -- how many cases have justice been served so far in all those? Why do you need the media to make more noise this time around, when they have probably figured out that you really don't care? If na paper I wan sell, why serve the people news they do not even seem genuinely interested in when the rumours and the ridiculous sells more papers?? The cost is now almost 16000 lives since 1999, and you want to pretend this one is worst of them all ?? ROFLMAO!!!
Re: Presidential Poll: It Is Not Over Yet, Says Bakare by Nobody: 2:46am On Apr 25, 2011
It's [b]never [/b]over till an aboki says its over. Nigerians are too cowardly to end it.

Up Buhari! Up GEJ! Down Nigerians!

[b]Boooooo [/b]to Nigerians. Always the losers.
Re: Presidential Poll: It Is Not Over Yet, Says Bakare by koruji(m): 3:05am On Apr 25, 2011
Yeah, everybody is focused on defending their corner.

Buhari must go to the ICC.
GEJ's candidacy must be disqualified.
What about what is good for Nigeria?

It is sickening how we keep approaching national issues like children fighting over food.

BTW, wetin happen to your ID - you got banned

*Ileke-IdI:

It's [b]never [/b]over till an aboki says its over. Nigerians are too cowardly to end it.

[b]Boooooo [/b]to Nigerians. Always the losers.
Re: Presidential Poll: It Is Not Over Yet, Says Bakare by Nobody: 3:12am On Apr 25, 2011
^^^ small bot. I was delectable, spam bot was hungry.

Waiting for my husband, seun to release me.

koruji:

Yeah, everybody is focused on defending their corner.

Buhari must go to the ICC.
GEJ's candidacy must be disqualified.
What about what is good for Nigeria?

It is sickening how we keep approaching national issues like children fighting over food.

BTW, wetin happen to your ID - you got banned

Do you know what Nigeria and Nigerians are? Just games, Just food.

May the best hunter win.

Re: Presidential Poll: It Is Not Over Yet, Says Bakare by koruji(m): 3:24am On Apr 25, 2011
Didn't get that invitation.

Although, the rumour mill had it that seun was looking for attention and may be a babe. So you are the one, congratulations grin grin grin

*Ileke-IdI:

^^^ small bot. I was delectable, spam bot was hungry.

Waiting for my husband, seun to release me.
Re: Presidential Poll: It Is Not Over Yet, Says Bakare by Nobody: 3:31am On Apr 25, 2011
koruji:

Didn't get that invitation.

Although, the rumour mill had it that seun was looking for attention and may be a babe. So you are the one, congratulations grin grin grin

thank you. my golddigging paid off. I'm now a rich woman.

How was your easter? Couldnt go home, who gives exams on easter weekend angry Send me food jor, hunger dey kill me. I have the ingredients, just feeling too lazy to cook grin
Re: Presidential Poll: It Is Not Over Yet, Says Bakare by EzeUche3(m): 3:31am On Apr 25, 2011
It is over! Didn't he get the warning from above, when his house was burnt down? Why must he continue to be the sore loser?
Re: Presidential Poll: It Is Not Over Yet, Says Bakare by koruji(m): 3:55am On Apr 25, 2011
Easter was good, quiet. You must have annoyed your prof. somehow.

I am sure food cannot travel by e-mail - just order in and put it on seun's tab grin grin grin

*Ileke-IdI:

thank you. my golddigging paid off. I'm now a rich woman.
How was your easter? Couldnt go home, who gives exams on easter weekend  angry Send me food jor, hunger dey kill me. I have the ingredients, just feeling too lazy to cook  grin
Re: Presidential Poll: It Is Not Over Yet, Says Bakare by Nobody: 4:01am On Apr 25, 2011
koruji:

Easter was good, quiet. You must have annoyed your prof. somehow.

I am sure food cannot travel by e-mail - just order in and put it on seun's tab grin grin grin

Yea, sure thing. grin

Who said by email? ara oko, what happened to express mail?
Re: Presidential Poll: It Is Not Over Yet, Says Bakare by koruji(m): 4:34am On Apr 25, 2011
*Ileke-IdI:

Yea, sure thing.  grin
Who said by email? ara oko, what happened to express mail?

Okay. I am going to go to my farm-village, plant some yam and express-mail the iyan to you in about a year  grin grin grin
Re: Presidential Poll: It Is Not Over Yet, Says Bakare by Nobody: 9:42am On Apr 25, 2011
Kobojunkie:

He is playing politics with the blood of innocent souls? How so? By demanding justice in this since it seems many like you are too content with blaming him for the crime without following due process.  undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Why should the media be perturbed this time around? I mean it's not like this does not happen like every other month in Nigeria at this point. Remember the riots of January 2010?? November? December?Bombings of January 2011? Even February/March? All the noise made of those . . . what become of those stories? The lives lost -- how many cases have justice been served so far in all those? Why do you need the media to make more noise this time around, when they have probably figured out that you really don't care? If na paper I wan sell, why serve the people news they do not even seem genuinely interested in when the rumours and the ridiculous sells more papers?? The cost is now almost 16000 lives since 1999, and you want to pretend this one is worst of them all ?? ROFLMAO!!!

This is why the country would never progress.
Re: Presidential Poll: It Is Not Over Yet, Says Bakare by hollandis(f): 9:55am On Apr 25, 2011
Bakare bakare bakare bakare.How many times did I call you?

(1) (Reply)

State Of Origin Or State Of Residence? / Stalemate In Imo: 28th April2011 / My Tears Will Judge Election Riggers, Says Bishop Erifeta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.