Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,352 members, 7,950,727 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 08:36 PM

Renewing My Passport Online — Is This Correct? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Renewing My Passport Online — Is This Correct? (986 Views)

How To Print Your Guarantor's Form For Nigerian Passport Online / Renewing Nigerian Passport In The US (NY Office) / Applied For My Passport Online (DIY).. Updated (Passport Received) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Renewing My Passport Online — Is This Correct? by iLegendd(m): 12:34pm On May 04, 2021
I thought I could never be scammed, but it happened some weeks ago. Though, small money. Oh, I remember, I was first scammed by some NYSC cockroaches.

For foreign students, you'll need to go to Abuja to process your call up letter since your school is not here.

After spending more than 24 hours on air, using a plane from PH to Abuja was the last thing on my mind.

Here comes the angels that promised to process it for me on my behalf. I paid their flight ticket and a few tokens. Till this day, I never saw them. I missed the Batch A because of that. The upper year, I to go to Abuja myself. Cutting corners is not good.

The second scam was some weeks ago. It was a fuelless generator scam. Luckily, I only make half payment of 75k. If I had known, I would've used the money to renew my passport, but nothing spoils — life goes on.

I'm trying to renew my passport, but I want to ask if this website is the right one https://portal.immigration.gov.ng/

I have filled the renewal form, but payment is giving me issues. Abi those people no like money?

Please, which of the options (last picture) should I choose? I want to use bank transfer. They refused to open. Also, I hope I'm on the right website.

In want to be sure to avoid falling for the third scam.

Re: Renewing My Passport Online — Is This Correct? by Nobody: 12:40pm On May 04, 2021
grin Eyaa you finally made up your mind to run away...
Re: Renewing My Passport Online — Is This Correct? by iLegendd(m): 12:41pm On May 04, 2021
Re: Renewing My Passport Online — Is This Correct? by iLegendd(m): 12:41pm On May 04, 2021
jackcanfield:
grin Eyaa you finally made up your mind to run away...

Not running. Just renewing for renewing sake.
Re: Renewing My Passport Online — Is This Correct? by Nobody: 12:43pm On May 04, 2021
iLegendd:

Not running. Just renewing for renewing sake.
Okay, hope you went through https://immigration.gov.ng

1 Like

Re: Renewing My Passport Online — Is This Correct? by KingAbdulazeez: 12:43pm On May 04, 2021
as an it guru u are, u ar supposed 2 knw a legit website. to me boss the website is legit.
Re: Renewing My Passport Online — Is This Correct? by iLegendd(m): 12:48pm On May 04, 2021
KingAbdulazeez:
as an it guru u are, u ar supposed 2 knw a legit website.
to me boss the website is legit.

No matter your specialty, when dealing with Nigerians and Nigerian websites, ask. Fraudulent sites also use https.

1 Like

Re: Renewing My Passport Online — Is This Correct? by KingAbdulazeez: 12:53pm On May 04, 2021
iLegendd:

No matter your specialty, when dealing with Nigerians and Nigerian websites, ask. Fraudulent sites also use https.
I Know
But I Think ".Gov" Domain Is Restricted For Government Agency.
Re: Renewing My Passport Online — Is This Correct? by Nobody: 12:56pm On May 04, 2021
Me I am confuse sef

Re: Renewing My Passport Online — Is This Correct? by iLegendd(m): 12:57pm On May 04, 2021
KingAbdulazeez:

I Know
But I Think ".Gov" Domain Is Restricted For Government Agency.

"Think?"

In cases like this, I prefer "know" to think. Anyway, the page has expired and I'll need to start afresh. I haven't used or registered a .gov or .ng site before. I don't know the rules they have.
Re: Renewing My Passport Online — Is This Correct? by Nobody: 12:57pm On May 04, 2021
But I know most government agencies use Remita for payments.
Re: Renewing My Passport Online — Is This Correct? by iLegendd(m): 12:58pm On May 04, 2021
Let me scan it on scamadviser.com

1 Like

Re: Renewing My Passport Online — Is This Correct? by iLegendd(m): 12:59pm On May 04, 2021
jackcanfield:
But I know most government agencies use Remita for payments.

All those payment methods I saw there are too strange to me.
Re: Renewing My Passport Online — Is This Correct? by KingAbdulazeez: 1:00pm On May 04, 2021
iLegendd:

"Think?"

In cases like this, I prefer "know" to think. Anyway, the page has expired and I'll need to start afresh. I haven't used or registered a .gov or .ng site before. I don't know the rules they have.
Yes.
It Is Reserved For Government AGencies.
Re: Renewing My Passport Online — Is This Correct? by iLegendd(m): 1:03pm On May 04, 2021
Scamadviser said the trust is high.

1 Like

Re: Renewing My Passport Online — Is This Correct? by Nobody: 1:04pm On May 04, 2021
uukuso@newworkssolution.com this where I have comma, instead of this nis.servicom@nigeriaimmigration.gov.ng , I would strongly advise you try through https://immigration.gov.ng this boys are getting advanced daily.

1 Like

Re: Renewing My Passport Online — Is This Correct? by iLegendd(m): 1:06pm On May 04, 2021
jackcanfield:
uukuso@newworkssolution.com this where I have comma, instead of this nis.servicom@nigeriaimmigration.gov.ng

Referring to their email address?
Re: Renewing My Passport Online — Is This Correct? by Nobody: 1:10pm On May 04, 2021
iLegendd:

Referring to their email address?
The email obviously gave them up, that site is definitely fake but I am yet to have a name for this kind of clone.
Re: Renewing My Passport Online — Is This Correct? by iLegendd(m): 1:15pm On May 04, 2021
jackcanfield:

The email obviously gave them up, that site is definitely fake but I am yet to have a name for this kind of clone.

I checked their contact and it's correct. The network solution is probably the company that built the site.
Re: Renewing My Passport Online — Is This Correct? by Nobody: 1:32pm On May 04, 2021
iLegendd:

I checked their contact and it's correct. The network solution is probably the company that built the site.

Anyway go through the proper channel to avoid story that touch ... Nothing concern the law that you choose to go through the probably service provider.
Re: Renewing My Passport Online — Is This Correct? by Nobody: 8:52pm On May 08, 2021
iLegendd:

I love you bro kiss

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Ghanaians Can Now Go To UAE Without Visa / Keke Napep With Roof Garden Spotted In India (video) / Only Those Earning Above 60m Can Now Come To The UK.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.