Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,001 members, 7,906,753 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 03:26 PM

What Will U Name Ur Child/children? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Will U Name Ur Child/children? (2642 Views)

How Do You Cope With The Death Of Your Child/children? / Y Is It That Most Parents Dont Allow Their Child/children To Marry IMO Girls? / If Dis Waz Ur Child Wat Name Wud U Kal Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Will U Name Ur Child/children? by mamagee3(f): 9:05pm On May 23, 2011
[size=72pt]Aquin

Richard

Tanyia

Stephanie
[/size]
Re: What Will U Name Ur Child/children? by dayokanu(m): 11:34pm On May 23, 2011
Egberipapa 1 of Bayelsa
Re: What Will U Name Ur Child/children? by OAM4J: 11:58pm On May 23, 2011
Blazay:

Thank you ma pipo for your h-understanding.

Oh yes!
Please, nothing like:

Bonaventure. . . Misaventure. . .Paraventure. angry

All those 'adventure' names are not to be used.

Grandma names like "Gertrude". . . "Hazel". . ."Jemima". . . "Beaaaaaaaaaatric". . . ."Ed-ina". . . ."Doroti"  angry

World without end names. . ."Perpertual". . .  angry

Heavens forbid!

I can't stand English names. I was baptized in a Catholic church with that name called Helena. . . I have since gotten rid of it. Thanks to lost birth certificate. The useless name has gone on exile for ever. Thank you lord! cheesy

St Helen of Troy my arzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!

lol grin grin grin

You don cancel so many names, oya suggest few names wey you like nao.
Re: What Will U Name Ur Child/children? by baslone: 10:03am On May 24, 2011
cexplorer:

I will name my children: Oluwaseyi, Oluwadarasimi, Oluwaferanmi, Oluwadamilare, Oluwadamilola, Oluwarantimi, Oluwafemi, Oluwaseun, Oluwatosin, Oluwaponmile, Oluwagbeminija, OpeOluwa, AanuOluwa, OgoOluwa, etc, which simply means that I will not give my children any name that does not have God attached! Why? Its my personal decision which also means that you can give your child any name of your choice and taste. However, religious leaders and teachers say that what name you call your child may influence his/her life negatively or positively too. That is why the name GOODLUCK is generally applauded as the power behind our Nigerian president's achievements!

Cool, means I'll have to add "Oluwa" to the former names I suggested.

@sweeti14, our names have changed to Oluwafabregas and Oluwafacebook!
Re: What Will U Name Ur Child/children? by tpia5: 11:35am On May 25, 2011
^And what do those mean?
Re: What Will U Name Ur Child/children? by Bizheroes: 1:09pm On May 25, 2011
The name you give to your child matters a lot as it goes a long way to affect the child either negatively or positively. Pray about it and ensure the name has a positive conotation to it.
Re: What Will U Name Ur Child/children? by baslone: 1:10pm On May 25, 2011
tpia@:

^And what do those mean?

Like most of the suggested names. . . . .

Aquin, Richard, Chelsea, Steph, Tanyia, Edina, Dorothy, Violet, Delvin, Nixon etc? ? ?

What do these names mean? ? ?
Re: What Will U Name Ur Child/children? by tpia5: 8:18pm On May 25, 2011
^^the person you were quoting listed names which have meanings in his/her language.

the ones you made up, what do[b] they [/b] mean?
Re: What Will U Name Ur Child/children? by sweeti14(f): 11:03pm On May 25, 2011
baslone:

Cool, means I'll have to add "Oluwa" to the former names I suggested.

@sweeti14, our names have changed to Oluwafabregas and Oluwafacebook!
lwkmd. . . . .walahi u don dey craze small small grin grin grin
Re: What Will U Name Ur Child/children? by mamagee3(f): 12:35am On May 26, 2011
Seriously, what kind of a hateful and wicked parent names his/her son bonaventure?

Don't be surprised if he grows up and hates you with a passion. grin grin
Re: What Will U Name Ur Child/children? by Obelomo: 7:15am On May 27, 2011
No English names please!

I nor dey for 'colonio-religious' mentality abeg!

Most-def nothing with 'Olu'. . .'Chi'. . .'Osa'. . . and all that 'God this' and 'God-that' rubbish in them.

Sooooooooooooo archaic and trite!

All those LOCAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL names of 'virtuous' standings DID not appear on the birth certificates either.

Such annoying names like 'Faith'. . .'Hope'. . . 'Endurance'. . . 'Courage'. . . 'Chastity'. . . .'Joy'. . .'Peace'. . .'Fortitude'. . .

Not to mention those houseboy and housegirl names of perpertual sufferings and long-suffering and endless 'maltreament' from step fathers and mothers or indentured servitude like . . . 'Boniface'. . . 'Donatooose'. . . 'Ignatoose'. . . 'Aloyshoose'. . . .

Oh! Days of the week and months of the year. . . .buuuuuuuuuuush names!

Soinday. . .
Moinday. . .

NO "TARDED" BIBLICAL NAMES EITHER. . . Samuel. . .Moses. . . Joshua. . .Peter. . . Sarah. . . Deborah. . . RUBBBBBBBBBBBISH!!!!

Hey Blazay there is nothing wrong with God names, he gave us the kids and all glory should belong to him. I agree with u on the rest except, some Bibilcal names and English names are okay.
Re: What Will U Name Ur Child/children? by Obelomo: 7:23am On May 27, 2011
Thank you ma pipo for your h-understanding.

Oh yes!
Please, nothing like:

Bonaventure. . . Misaventure. . .Paraventure.

All those 'adventure' names are not to be used.

Grandma names like "Gertrude". . . "Hazel". . ."Jemima". . . "Beaaaaaaaaaatric". . . ."Ed-ina". . . ."Doroti"

World without end names. . ."Perpertual". . .

Heavens forbid!

I can't stand English names. I was baptized in a Catholic church with that name called Helena. . . I have since gotten rid of it. Thanks to lost birth certificate. The useless name has gone on exile for ever. Thank you lord!

St Helen of Troy my arzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!

Report to moderator Logged

I agree with u on this one my sista! Naijas tend to name Old school English names! My legal first name is English and old school! I been try to change or switch it with one of my others names, since I was little. Another thing I cant stand is if both of your parents are Edo, Delta, ebira,etc. your first name should not be Yoruba.
Re: What Will U Name Ur Child/children? by MsSophista(f): 12:17pm On Jun 02, 2011
OP:
I know your question is futuristic but I named my children:

Breon--strength, chastity
Samuel---asked of God
Ariel---Lion/Lioness of God
Monique---counselor
Emmanuel---God with us
David---beloved of God

It's amazing how their names fit their personalities! Names are important. Naming a person the name meaning of "fool"
is like calling/speaking that into h/her life because words have much power.
Re: What Will U Name Ur Child/children? by baslone: 2:20pm On Jun 02, 2011
Do people still name their Kids after likes of Abacha, Judas, Hitler, Anini etc

(1) (2) (Reply)

For Married Couples – Alternative Romantic S*x Hotspots You Can Use At Home / How Can I Overcome Stage Fright / For Men Only: The Silent Pains Of A Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.