Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,929 members, 7,872,991 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 06:12 AM

Oyekezie Takes Over As AE-FUNAI Bursar - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Oyekezie Takes Over As AE-FUNAI Bursar (155 Views)

University Of Ibadan Non-Academic Staff Celebrate Exit Of Bursar / University Of Ibadan: Our Auditor Went Blind While Working On Accounts - Bursar / Proprietress Accused Of Unleashing Her Dog On Her Bursar In Edo (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Oyekezie Takes Over As AE-FUNAI Bursar by cyborgFUNAI: 2:19pm On May 05, 2021
Mr. Kingsley Sunday Onyekezie, has taken over the mantle of leadership, as the Bursar of Alex Ekwueme Federal University Ndufu-Alike, Ebonyi state. This is coming at the exit of the former Bursar, Alhaji Rafiu Kolawole Aliu whose tenure ended on Tuesday, 4th May, 2021.

While speaking at the handing over ceremony held at the Vice-Chancellor’s office yesterday, the former Bursar thanked the University Management for the cordial relationship he enjoyed with them during his tenure.

AE-FUNAI Bursar, Mr. Kingsley Oyekezie (R) receiving the handover note from the former Bursar, Alhaji Rafiu Aliu

Alhaji Aliu explained that he had a good time working as Bursar, noting that he also had the rare opportunity of working with three Vice-Chancellors of the University, and expressed his happiness on the warm relationships he enjoyed with all of them.

“I want to use this opportunity to thank the Management for the cordial relationships that existed among us.”

He also used the opportunity to pray for the success of Mr. Oyekezie as the new helmsman, and appealed to the University Management to give him the needed support to excel in his new position.

L-R: Bursar, Mr. Kingsley Oyekezie, Registrar, Odisa C. Okeke (Mrs.), VC, Prof. Sunday Elom, DVC (Academic), Prof. Dennis Akoh and former Bursar. Alhaji Rafiu Aliu in a group photograph after the handing over ceremony yesterday

He said: “I want to handover both the assets and liabilities of AEFUNAI to you, and pray that God will be with you and help you to finish successfully.”

While accepting the handover notes, Mr. Oyekezie expressed his happiness on the development and vowed not to disappoint the confidence reposed in him, promising to discharge his official responsibilities diligently and in line with the rules and regulations guiding the office.

“I am delighted to have been formally taken over the bursarship of the University

“I will discharge my duties diligently and in line with the rules and regulations guiding the office

“You will not regret my appointment as the Bursar of this university”, he concluded.

L-R: Bursar, Mr. Kingsley Oyekezie, Registrar, Odisa C. Okeke (Mrs.), VC, Prof. Sunday Elom and DVC (Academic) Prof. Dennis Akoh in a group photograph after the handing over ceremony yesterday
In his remarks during the ceremony, the Vice-Chancellor, Prof. Sunday Elom lauded the former Bursar for his dedication to duty, adding that the University benefited immensely from his network and connections.

“Let me on behalf of Management thank you for the service you rendered in this university since inception

“We actually benefited from your network and connections. We profoundly appreciate you for all the roles you played towards developing the University.”

The Vice-Chancellor also congratulate the new Bursar, Mr. Oyekezie, on his appointment, urging him to hit the ground running to ensure that he meets the expectations of the University.

Meanwhile, Mr. Oyekezie while assuming duty as the 2nd Bursar of Alex Ekwueme Federal University Ndufu-Alike, on 5th May, 2021 pledged to be fair to everyone, stressing that he would also work together with all staff to achieve the objectives of the bursary department in particular and the University in general.

“I will be fair to all. We will work together to achieve all our objectives as a department and university.”

Recall that the Governing Council of the University had in a memorandum dated April 28, 2021, signed by the Secretary to the Council, Odisa C. Okeke (Mrs.) announced the appointment of Mr. Kingsley Sunday Oyekezie as Bursar, Dr. (Mrs.) Juliana Obiageri Akidi as the University Librarian and Dr. Henry Egi Aloh as Director of Health Services. This is sequel to the 29th extraordinary meeting of the Council held on Friday, April 23, 2021.

According to the memo announcing their appointments, “The appointment of the Bursar and the University Librarian is with effect from May 5, 2021 while that of the Director of Health Services was with immediate effect.”

(1) (Reply)

PMI ACP Certification In Training Port Harcourt | Agile / Is Self-employment/ Entrepreneurship Really The Best Answer To Unemployment? / Buy Essay Paypal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.