Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,875 members, 7,952,564 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 06:10 PM

I’ve To Think For A Whole Generation Before Myself – Burna Boy - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I’ve To Think For A Whole Generation Before Myself – Burna Boy (291 Views)

"I Used To Think It Was Just Nigerians On Twitter That Were Mad" - Burnaboy / Actresses Are Prostitutes - Binta Mogaji Slams New Generation Actresses / "I’m Beginning To Think My Soul Mate Is Carbs" Juliet Ibrahim Says (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’ve To Think For A Whole Generation Before Myself – Burna Boy by KatB: 5:37pm On May 05, 2021
Grammy award-winning singer, Damini Ogulu, popularly known as Burna Boy, has stated he thinks of a whole generation before himself.

For a new cover feature on British GQ, he talks about his humble beginnings in Port Harcourt, what his Grammy win means for Africa and much more.

In the photos following the cover story, Burna looked his best yet in a slew of outfits from Louis Vuitton paired with other high fashion brands.

Burna Boy revealed he was able to achieve his recent successes on the global stage because he came to a point where he realized that it’s either greatness or death.

Speaking in a recent interview with GQ Magazine, he said: “Following several collaborations with foreign artistes of African heritage, I just made up my mind that I wanted it all. I wanted to be the greatest.

That’s when it hit me really hard that I had to do it. It was that or death. I was not celebrating because of myself. It was almost as if I had broken a mental cycle of our people.

“Our people had been very mentally oppressed to feel like they could not do certain things and that certain things were unreachable.

“Every day, I realise more that things are bigger than me. I have to think for a lot of people basically a whole generation before I think of myself.”

Odogwu further revealed when he was young, he would sit, watch the Grammy Awards and dream.

For as long as he can remember, for as long as he has released songs, the Grammys have floated somewhere in his periphery, a milestone he was sure he would one day reach.
https://thenationonlineng.net/ive-to-think-for-a-whole-generation-before-myself-burna-boy/

Re: I’ve To Think For A Whole Generation Before Myself – Burna Boy by EzegeNdiigbo: 5:51pm On May 05, 2021
Man derserve it

I pull up with "twice as tall"
Re: I’ve To Think For A Whole Generation Before Myself – Burna Boy by pelenaija(m): 6:04pm On May 05, 2021
I really love his inspiration
Re: I’ve To Think For A Whole Generation Before Myself – Burna Boy by fogas97394: 6:26pm On May 05, 2021
pelenaija:
I really love his inspiration
Re: I’ve To Think For A Whole Generation Before Myself – Burna Boy by fogas97394: 6:27pm On May 05, 2021
EzegeNdiigbo:
Man derserve it

I pull up with "twice as tall"

(1) (Reply)

Queen Wishes Great-grandson Archie Happy Birthday / I Lack Sympathy For Single Mothers Except In Cases Of Rape Or Widowhood – Reno O / Checkout Colorful Birthday Photos Of Funny Comedian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.