Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,570 members, 7,921,173 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 07:05 PM

Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread - TV/Movies (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread (34299 Views)

Game Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon / Warrior Discussion Thread (beware Of Spoilers) / Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread by BraniacX(m): 12:23pm On Nov 15, 2022
kay9:

Jaime Lannister (with both hands) with beat them ALL. It's not even a contest.
which Jamie? undecided daemon was the best swordsman of his time, a claim even Jamie lannister can not make

1 Like

Re: Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread by BraniacX(m): 12:26pm On Nov 15, 2022
budaatum:

Did Brienne of Tarth not rule them all in character and virtue and spirit and bravery too?

Kicked the butts of them that needed it and those that didn't need it weren't pigs.
she beat an out of form Jamie and a sick Gregor clegane, yes her victory against Lora's tyrell was fair but Lora's though a quality swordsman was also a popinjay and a knight of summer or tourney knight, campaigns wear such down
Re: Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread by BraniacX(m): 12:32pm On Nov 15, 2022
kay9:

What "growing reputation"? GOT is over. Nothing is growing anywhere.

Jon Snow was a great, honorable man, a true "son" of the great Ned. He was a wonderful leader, and one of the bravest men Westeros had even seen. But honor and bravery is not the same as swordsmanship, not matter how much we wish it.

At his prime, the greatest foes Jon faced where his poorly trained black brothers, even worse poorly trained wildlings, and white walkers - and he had valyrian steel which is complete cheat mode against white walkers.

The one real test of skill Jon faced was when he was younger against Qhorin Halfhand, and even Jon himself admits that Qhorin let him win. At that age, Jaime Lannister was already an established master swordsman and Barristan Selmy was already storming castles all by himself. Jon is a weak, weak comparison.
mind you qhorin halfhand will defeat everyone on that list in a duel no exceptions, so expecting a green Jon snow to defeat him without help is bias analysis, the opportunity to shine in battle young Jamie and selmy had did not come to jon, Jon is terrible as a commander but excellent as a swordsman

1 Like

Re: Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread by BraniacX(m): 12:38pm On Nov 15, 2022
kay9:

Disrespect? Lol .. grin

Even ignoring the books totally, Jon Snow was disarmed by Magnar of Thenn. Compare to what First Sword of Braavos, Syrio Forrel said to Arya about your sword and your arm, and you'll understand what it means for your "one of the greatest" to be disarmed in battle by a wildling that Sandor Clegane will make short work of.

By the end of GoT, King Crow was more battle-hardened and capable enough to hold his own in a melee, but in a class of the greats? Nope.

Go and rewatch Ser Arthur Dayne's fight versus Eddard Stark and his retainers. That's a Great Swordsman looks like.
magnar of then had the size advantage and his weapon the bronze battle axe had the weight and kinetic energy advantage so Jon being disarmed was a given, besides he still won that fight after being disarmed, that's doggedness and combat intelligence, if we are to use ser Arthur dayne as a standard for measurement then nobody else will measure up so belay that comparison

1 Like

Re: Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread by kay9(m): 9:32am On Nov 16, 2022
BraniacX:
magnar of then had the size advantage and his weapon the bronze battle axe had the weight and kinetic energy advantage so Jon being disarmed was a given, besides he still won that fight after being disarmed, that's doggedness and combat intelligence, if we are to use ser Arthur dayne as a standard for measurement then nobody else will measure up so belay that comparison

The comparison was only made because someone said Jon is a great swordsman... and proceeded to post his video "evidence" when challenged. Lol
Re: Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread by zeusis(m): 3:14pm On Nov 24, 2022
can someone please recommend a 10/10 series for me
Re: Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread by BraniacX(m): 8:42am On Nov 25, 2022
zeusis:
can someone please recommend a 10/10 series for me
gangs of London, bridgerton and if you're into star wars then star wars andor
Re: Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread by Oejozeff(m): 10:09am On Nov 25, 2022
Once upon a time there was a set of twins named taiye and kehinde. Taiye was a boy while kehinde was a girl. The twins lived with their uncle in a small town where they went to school........

I dedicated this to the lovely KIDS

A story animated by me with my PC (laptop)
Please don't forget to subscribe. I love you all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgHcUMmezjg
Re: Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread by aieromon(m): 9:25am On Jun 07

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread by aieromon(m): 12:45pm On Jun 16
House of the Dragon Season 2 schedule

Episode 1: Sunday, June 16
Episode 2: Sunday, June 23
Episode 3: Sunday, June 30
Episode 4: Sunday, July 7
Episode 5: Sunday, July 14
Episode 6: Sunday, July 21
Episode 7: Sunday, July 28
Episode 8: Sunday, August 4

Re: Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread by Domislaz(m): 2:57pm On Jun 16
aieromon:
House of the Dragon Season 2 schedule

Episode 1: Sunday, June 16
Episode 2: Sunday, June 23
Episode 3: Sunday, June 30
Episode 4: Sunday, July 7
Episode 5: Sunday, July 14
Episode 6: Sunday, July 21
Episode 7: Sunday, July 28
Episode 8: Sunday, August 4

Please do you have a download link I can use when it is out?
Re: Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread by YoungDaNaval(m): 7:32pm On Jun 16
Someone should help me with a link to download house of dragon?
Re: Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread by aieromon(m): 8:42pm On Jun 16
Domislaz:

Please do you have a download link I can use when it is out?

I'll be watching on DSTV.

Re: Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread by Zee0007: 8:38am On Jun 17
Good morning famz. After a long time we are here again. Don't forget I am still TEAM GREEN.

I will be dropping my review after I see the episode one.

For those like me that need to download it. You can download it on 9jarocks.com. They just uploaded it.
Re: Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread by JhyMedex: 10:52am On Jun 17
Now it begins!
Re: Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread by Zee0007: 12:05pm On Jun 17
My Episode one Review

"Duty is sacrifice. It eclipses everything including blood." These words struck hard to me. Maybe because it reminds me of the intrinsics of service even out of ones will.

It was indeed a roaster coster in this episode. I found it difficult to follow through because my mind was rusty of the long time I saw it.

Being lost from the beginning, my brain seems to be awoken from his years long sleep when the sex scene between Queen Alicient Hightower and Ser Creton came to fore. Alicent told Ser Creton this will be the last time of giving her a head. Unfortunately, the power of sex couldn't be tamed as the last scene showed when Halaena interrupted the pleasure of the Queen. I learnt that abstinence is not to be spoken about. It should be avoided. Your words of repentance means nothing to Sex.

In a bit not to bore you with a crusade sermon. I think the rat catchers were so inexperienced. The instruction was; " I want Deamond." They heard a son for a son.

Following instructions is very important in our earthly pursuit. Had I no know can be costly.

So, I will overall rate this episode 6/10 mainly because I couldn't follow through with the trajectory of interwined scenes. Since the dance has begun. Let's hope for more suspense!

I STILL REMIAN TEAM GREEN. cool

2 Likes

Re: Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread by walanter(m): 12:54pm On Jun 17
Zee0007:
My Episode one Review

"Duty is sacrifice. It eclipses everything including blood." These words struck hard to me. Maybe because it reminds me of the intrinsics of service even out of ones will.

It was indeed a roaster coster in this episode. I found it difficult to follow through because my mind was rusty of the long time I saw it.

Being lost from the beginning, my brain seems to be awoken from his years long sleep when the sex scene between Queen Alicient Hightower and Ser Creton came to fore. Alicent told Ser Creton this will be the last time of giving her a head. Unfortunately, the power of sex couldn't be tamed as the last scene showed when Halaena interrupted the pleasure of the Queen. I learnt that abstinence is not to be spoken about. It should be avoided. Your words of repentance means nothing to Sex.

In a bit not to bore you with a crusade sermon. I think the rat catchers were so inexperienced. The instruction was; " I want Deamond." They heard a son for a son.

Following instructions is very important in our earthly pursuit. Had I no know can be costly.

So, I will overall rate this episode 6/10 mainly because I couldn't follow through with the trajectory of interwined scenes. Since the dance has begun. Let's hope for more suspense!

I STILL REMIAN TEAM GREEN. cool
I really apluade your indepth analysis. How are gone rate it so low
Who was tha nigga with alicient
Re: Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread by garriAndsugar: 1:31pm On Jun 17
After taking so much time for this season 2.
my brain couldn't catch up completely
Re: Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread by budaatum: 2:41pm On Jun 17
garriAndsugar:
After taking so much time for this season 2.
my brain couldn't catch up completely

I'm going to go refresh my mind on 1 first.

Its why I usually wait till the final season before i watch series. Otherwise, its like reading half a book, waiting 2 years, and then reading the next chapters one a week. My brain never catches up with that.
Re: Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread by aieromon(m): 2:45pm On Jun 17
walanter:

Ser Criston Cole, the queen f@cker

1 Like

Re: Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread by YoungDaNaval(m): 4:23pm On Jun 17
This one pain me sha

Re: Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread by YoungDaNaval(m): 5:10pm On Jun 17
This guy don really suffer for this series grin

Re: Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread by Boomboost(m): 5:26pm On Jun 17
No more dilly dallying, IT'S WAR!!!! grin

Fight, fight, fight, fight! Episode two come already...

2 Likes

Re: Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread by Jokay07(m): 7:48pm On Jun 17
HOUSE OF DRAGON: SEASON 2.
Re: Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread by Jokay07(m): 7:49pm On Jun 17
Jokay07:
HOUSE OF DRAGON: SEASON 2.
Abeg who has the subtitles for season 2 episode 1
Re: Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread by Zee0007: 7:57pm On Jun 17
walanter:

I really apluade your indepth analysis. How are gone rate it so low

It was Sir Creton. A knight. He doubles as Reheayra personal body guard and sexual appetizer. He also got a taste of Alicient honeypot. His such a lucky guy. cool
Re: Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread by walanter(m): 9:40pm On Jun 17
Zee0007:

It was Sir Creton. A knight. He doubles as Reheayra personal body guard and sexual appetizer. He also got a taste of Alicient honeypot. His such a lucky guy. cool
so that is to say this guy well strategies by Otto the high tower but failed in some kind of way.
Re: Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread by JhyMedex: 12:33am On Jun 18
aieromon:

Ser Criston Cole, the queen f@cker
What a name.!!πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚.
We've had King Slayer but now we've got Queen f@cker!!
Overall it's a mediocre first episode. Especially haven made us wait 2years.
So many questions abound but the most pertinent is: Why were the Queen and Heir Unguarded? Especially since tensions were high and basically everybody should be on high alert. A rat catcher just strays into the Red keep and kills the Heir to the greatest dynasty the world has ever known... Screams "plot hole " to me..

I'll just need to come to the realization and accept that this is not GOT and there will never be another GOT. I'll just have to enjoy this one at surface value. You put it through a crucible like we did for GOT and the whole thing collapses..

For Now I'm neither Team Green nor Team Black.

I'm just here for the violence. Let blood flow!!

Episode rating: 5/10

3 Likes

Re: Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread by emmy512: 7:13am On Jun 18
JhyMedex:

What a name.!!πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚.
So many questions abound but the most pertinent is: Why were the Queen and Heir Unguarded? Especially since tensions were high and basically everybody should be on high alert. A rat catcher just strays into the Red keep and kills the Heir to the greatest dynasty the world has ever known... Screams "plot hole " to me..

I'll just need to come to the realization and accept that this is not GOT and there will never be another GOT. I'll just have to enjoy this one at surface value. You put it through a crucible like we did for GOT and the whole thing collapses..

Here's what I think.

The two babies are twins,
The maid when asked actually didn't know which was the male and female and she directed them to the one she thought was male.
The rat catcher saw honesty in her eyes ( not like she intended to be honest)

After killing one of the children,

She went and told Alicient they killed the boy, because she took thought it was the boy.

But soon we'll realise the child she carries was actually the boy and the girl was killed.

Which normally should have balanced the equation of children's death.

A son for a son was asked, but now it's the opposite.

Wild theory

1 Like

Re: Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread by JhyMedex: 10:38am On Jun 18
emmy512:

Here's what I think.

The two babies are twins,
The maid when asked actually didn't know which was the male and female and she directed them to the one she thought was male.
The rat catcher saw honesty in her eyes ( not like she intended to be honest)

After killing one of the children,

She went and told Alicient they killed the boy, because she took thought it was the boy.

But soon we'll realise the child she carries was actually the boy and the girl was killed.

Which normally should have balanced the equation of children's death.

A son for a son was asked, but now it's the opposite.

Wild theory

This will be a very interesting one of this theory turns out to be true.

However, I think the person that did the pointing was the Queen and mother of the child killed.
Re: Games Of Thrones: House Of The Dragon Official Discussion Thread by Gr8lex(m): 4:58pm On Jun 18
JhyMedex:

What a name.!!πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚.

Obviously you weren't paying attention. The rat-catcher knew about the tunnels underneath the red keep which few people know about and contrary to what you said, GOT also had giant plot-holes in it.
I'll just leave it at this, movies and TV shows are make believe, just watch, enjoy and don't overthink it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (25) (Reply)

β€œBBNaija Is Not Only For Poor People” - Terry Waya Slams Critics / Bbnaija: I’m Not Sexually Active – Liquorose Tells Emmanuel / BBNaija: Laye Ajube, The Mother Of 10 Supports Efe, Shares Card To Her Followers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.