Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,301 members, 7,881,106 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 12:33 PM

Ekiti 2022: Fayose Has Never Changed From Being A Businessman - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti 2022: Fayose Has Never Changed From Being A Businessman (316 Views)

Ekiti 2022: Fayose, Ayu Sold Out PDP To APC - Segun Oni / Lere Olayinka: Fayose Has Thrown A Challenge… Buhari’s Men Should Follow Suit / 'Fayose Has Promised Students 20 Marks To Vote For PDP' – Oshiomhole (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ekiti 2022: Fayose Has Never Changed From Being A Businessman by AishaYesufu: 12:19pm On May 06, 2021
Let me state clearly that I have nothing against former Governor Ayo Fayose personally. I am indifferent to whatever he does with his party and the members. Aja kan ki gbona titi ko so ojule meji ni Yoruba wii. I stopped being a member of the PDP because I couldn't tolerate being in the same party with him at the steering wheel. So I expect nothing good from his Nazareth. 

But I must confess that the man is a shrewd character. Whatever we have to say about him, he has native intelligence which more than make up for his perceived lack of grand academic certifications.

Fayose is a business man. And he does not pretend to have any scruples about it. He uses everybody who is readily available to feather his nest. And he gives you no guarantees over anything. He is his own first and only interest. If you want to deal with him and make any gains, you must forcefully take your payment - in whatever form it would be- upfront before lifting a finger for him.

Isn't it ironic that Afolabi Akanni was denied the PDP House of Assembly ticket for Efon constituency in 2007 because he was linkable - note that i deliberately did not use the word linked- to Fayose. Bisi Kolawole wad the beneficiary. Akanni later went to the House as Fayose's man in 2015. He was the famous DSS captive. Now he is in another camp while Kolawole is in Fayose's camp. 

I am not surprised that Fayose is backing Bisi Kolawole now. It is a very sound political/economic decision. 

Look at it this way:

1. Before anybody comes out and says I want to be governor, he/she would have had a couple of ideas to pursue in the office. So, there is pre-conceived notions that may not be in agreement with the godfather's own. But for somebody who had no such ambition, he/she simply follows the path laid by the godfather. Quite logical.

2. Bisi Kolawole I suspect does not have the network to raise the kind if funds needed for a governorship election, so he would be totally dependent on the godfather and would happily do as instructed.

3. Bisi Kolawole would have been torn between his friendship and loyalties to Fayose and Segun Oni on who to follow ordinarily. That decision has been automatically made for him. Nobody likes his friend more than himself.

4. Anything can still happen with Fayose. The election is still about 14 months away. Some people on this platform can testify to that from very personal experiences.

Rt. Hon. Tope Ademiluyi is a former Deputy Governor of Ekiti state.

Re: Ekiti 2022: Fayose Has Never Changed From Being A Businessman by Xscape1993(m): 12:20pm On May 06, 2021
What is happening in Ekiti state? Is PDP Fayose's personal property? PDP is a political party ooo.
Re: Ekiti 2022: Fayose Has Never Changed From Being A Businessman by MegaDesign: 12:50pm On May 06, 2021
Why will he change, is Nigeria itself not a business?
Re: Ekiti 2022: Fayose Has Never Changed From Being A Businessman by duro4chang(m): 12:56pm On May 06, 2021
That is all what politics is about(personal interest) that is the reason why it amuses me when I see the so called educated people fighting for politicians. They are not in politics because of you and I but for their own interest.

(1) (Reply)

Sunday Igboho Mocks Baba Adeboye Over Son's Death / NNPP Offers Free Form To Aspirants To Make It Affordable To Grassroots / Nigerian Twitter Users Blame Greedy Investors Following The Arrest Of 21-year-ol

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.