Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,962 members, 7,938,875 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 01:56 PM

Selective Feminism And The Regular Nigerian Girl - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Selective Feminism And The Regular Nigerian Girl (2126 Views)

Do You Still Believe In Dating A Typical And Regular Nigerian Ladies??? / Misconception Of Feminism And Its Imminent Dangers To Rising Africans: Misscokie / Sexual Harrassment: Feminism And The Dangers Of "Guilty Until Proven Innocent" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Selective Feminism And The Regular Nigerian Girl by NevetsIbot(m): 4:29pm On May 06, 2021
Since I spend a lot of my free time on TikTok, I couldn’t help but notice the rate at which most of these Karen’s clamoured for equality. Most of these ladies were so toxic with their demands and speculations that it left me (who usually never cares) shocked.

Then I realized I have never really had any feminist discussion with any Nigerian lady and then I had discussions with quite a lot of them and noticed that there was a particular way most Nigerian girls view this Feminism movement and I’d term it SELECTIVE FEMINISM

In these discussions, These ladies wanted to be equal to men in everything (equal pay, equal social standards and what not). All of which are actually the goals of Feminism but then they get super defensive when the concept of feminism doesn’t seem to Favour them.

They only seemed to claim to be feminists when matters that would benefit was the topic but when it came to DOING THE SAME WORKLOAD to earn equal pay - They’d claim that their bodies were weaker and that the men who chose to do heavier jobs just didn’t have other alternatives!

When it came to relationships... They did not see the need to clean and cook for their man but still wanted the man to do the usuals (drop money and get so many gifts) and they feel justified in this sentence “WHY WOULD I BUY A MAN A GIFT OF SPEND ON HIM?” Or claim that the average man’s ego will not let him accept anything from them..... I have never seen a man reject a little gift from his girlfriend though.

When it came to involuntary military service that some men had to face in their countries. They claimed it was (albeit insensitive) not happening in their country and it was the cup of tea of the men in those countries while also claiming their women were holding the fort! How? By breathing and cleaning the house? Things they’d still do if they lived alone.

Then, the most amazing part was the fact that these ladies seemed to be believe natural factors they had to face like childbirth, weaker bodies and menstruation were one of the reasons they had to just be equal!

Basically, A large majority of these girls were misandrists and wanted to get all the privileges of being a man and still wanted to be treated like women! How in the world?? A lot of these discussions took thousands of my brain cells down as they were caught in crossfires of gross toxicity, irrationality and insensitivity.

While a few of them were very reasonable and even earned my respect, most of them did not even know what it was to be a total feminist and only selected the sweet parts of feminism or were just plain misandrist!

Wheeeeew. This was lengthy

Cc lalasticlala, mynd44, seun

5 Likes

Re: Selective Feminism And The Regular Nigerian Girl by McEphiks(m): 7:47pm On May 06, 2021
NevetsIbot:
Since I spend a lot of my free time on TikTok, I couldn’t help but notice the rate at which most of these Karen’s clamoured for equality. Most of these ladies were so toxic with their demands and speculations that it left me (who usually never cares) shocked.

Then I realized I have never really had any feminist discussion with any Nigerian lady and then I had discussions with quite a lot of them and noticed that there was a particular way most Nigerian girls view this Feminism movement and I’d term it SELECTIVE FEMINISM

In these discussions, These ladies wanted to be equal to men in everything (equal pay, equal social standards and what not). All of which are actually the goals of Feminism but then they get super defensive when the concept of feminism doesn’t seem to Favour them.

They only seemed to claim to be feminists when matters that would benefit was the topic but when it came to DOING THE SAME WORKLOAD to earn equal pay - They’d claim that their bodies were weaker and that the men who chose to do heavier jobs just didn’t have other alternatives!

When it came to relationships... They did not see the need to clean and cook for their man but still wanted the man to do the usuals (drop money and get so many gifts) and they feel justified in this sentence “WHY WOULD I BUY A MAN A GIFT OF SPEND ON HIM?” Or claim that the average man’s ego will not let him accept anything from them..... I have never seen a man reject a little gift from his girlfriend though.

When it came to involuntary military service that some men had to face in their countries. They claimed it was (albeit insensitive) not happening in their country and it was the cup of tea of the men in those countries while also claiming their women were holding the fort! How? By breathing and cleaning the house? Things they’d still do if they lived alone.

Then, the most amazing part was the fact that these ladies seemed to be believe natural factors they had to face like childbirth, weaker bodies and menstruation were one of the reasons they had to just be equal!

Basically, A large majority of these girls were misandrists and wanted to get all the privileges of being a man and still wanted to be treated like women! How in the world?? A lot of these discussions took thousands of my brain cells down as they were caught in crossfires of gross toxicity, irrationality and insensitivity.

While a few of them were very reasonable and even earned my respect, most of them did not even know what it was to be a total feminist and only selected the sweet parts of feminism or were just plain misandrist!

Wheeeeew. This was lengthy

Cc lalasticlala, mynd44, seun

Most of these Nigerian girls don’t even understand what feminism is all about.

Modified.

7 Likes

Re: Selective Feminism And The Regular Nigerian Girl by Biglittlelois(f): 8:06pm On May 06, 2021
Like I said in another thread, all of you will be fine, the earlier you guys realise that a female movement is for the betterment and inclusion of females in every sphere of life, the better for you.

A movement that is not even recognised in Nigeria, is what is giving most of y'all heart attack like the government is about adding it into the constitution or adjusting it like it is applicable and acceptable in western countries, when there are so many ills in the country right now, and yet you people keep crying and wailing over it, concern yourselves in getting solutions to the negativities everywhere, then when or if feminism sees the light of day, your wailing may be heard, which is actually never cos of the high handedness of naija men and religion.

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Selective Feminism And The Regular Nigerian Girl by NevetsIbot(m): 8:08pm On May 06, 2021
Biglittlelois:
Like I said in another thread, all of you will be fine, the earlier you guys realise that a female movement is for the betterment and inclusion of females in every sphere of life, the better for you.

A movement that is not even recognised in Nigeria, is what is giving most of y'all heart attack like the government is about adding it into the constitution or adjusting it like it is applicable and acceptable in western countries, when there are so many ills in the country right now, and yet you people keep crying and wailing over it, concern yourselves in getting solutions to the negativities everywhere, then when or if feminism sees the light of day, your wailing may be heard, which is actually never cos of the high handedness of naija men and religion.

Are you kidding me right now?? I’m not sure you read this thing right. How did you pass comprehension passage exercises is secondary school?? undecided

5 Likes

Re: Selective Feminism And The Regular Nigerian Girl by Biglittlelois(f): 8:18pm On May 06, 2021
NevetsIbot:

Are you kidding me right now?? I’m not sure you read this thing right. How did you pass compression passage exercises is secondary school?? undecided

I'll assume you are not dumb, but let me clarify again

If the Nigerian ladies you've met are practicing selective feminism, or e g according to you, they refused to wash and cook for a boyfriend but want money and other privileges, then you have misplaced priorities, concern yourself with the happenings and ills in Nigeria, the movement is not about to be added to the Nigerian constitution, and leave people to navigate their relationships as they see fit, no one forces anyone in the type of relationship they venture into, very simple, hence my previous comment, get it?

Seems romance section males can't sleep well at night without negativities on ladies.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Selective Feminism And The Regular Nigerian Girl by InfinityFabric: 8:35pm On May 06, 2021
God!

What are u guys smoking?! don't they tell you in those Youtube videos that Feminism doesn't exist in
- Third world country
- In the wilderness
- Where men are not simpified

Go do something better with your life, Nigerian feminist doesn't exist. The last one gave up when Linda got pregnant to an unknown.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Selective Feminism And The Regular Nigerian Girl by Vulcanheph(m): 10:40pm On May 06, 2021
Biglittlelois:

If the Nigerian ladies you've met are practicing selective feminism, or e g according to you, they refused to wash and cook for a boyfriend but want money and other privileges, then you have misplaced priorities, concern yourself with the happenings and ills in Nigeria, the movement is not about to be added to the Nigerian constitution, and leave people to navigate their relationships as they see fit, no one forces anyone in the type of relationship they venture into, very simple, hence my previous comment, get it?

Seems romance section males can't sleep well at night without negativities on ladies.
Madam stop derailing.

2 Likes

Re: Selective Feminism And The Regular Nigerian Girl by Biglittlelois(f): 8:29am On May 07, 2021
NevetsIbot:

Are you kidding me right now?? I’m not sure you read this thing right. How did you pass compression passage exercises is secondary school?? undecided

I didn't even read the bolded clearly before, what a sentence from a learned person, lol.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Selective Feminism And The Regular Nigerian Girl by Hintona(f): 10:18am On May 07, 2021
Mtchewww

Women do not seek to be equal to men physically, feminists are not olodos they know that physically a woman cannot be equal to a man.

In situations where they cry for equality is when for example a man and a woman are doing the same job in a company or organization but the man is paid higher simply because he's a man. Any one with half a brain will know that this is not fair at all.

6 Likes

Re: Selective Feminism And The Regular Nigerian Girl by AmazonTopaz(f): 10:42am On May 07, 2021
Hintona:
Mtchewww

Women do not seek to be equal to men physically, feminists are not olodos they know that physically a woman cannot be equal to a man.

In situations where they cry for equality is when for example a man and a woman are doing the same job in a company or organization but the man is paid higher simply because he's a man. Any one with half a brain will know that this is not fair at all.
Let me add same way blacks are clamouring for equality and shouting systemic racism in America because there were structures laid down that is yet to be reformed or modified that seem to favour whites over blacks and make it seem like there are two forms of justice in the US.That is why in the USA blacks,hispanics and minorities are at a disadvantage in jobs,housing,daily living etc which are all as a result of economic and societal inequalities created by man and can be solved by man that is how we can liken the feminist movement in regards to women because women were always at the disadvantage and there are laws today and mindsets be it in the way we were raised that makes men have an innate belief that they are better than women because they are men and some racist whites abroad believing that they are better than blacks by virtue of their skin colour.
These are all societal constructs that have no place in society that we need to clamp down on.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Selective Feminism And The Regular Nigerian Girl by AmazonTopaz(f): 10:48am On May 07, 2021
The OP just like every other sexist or misogynistil on nairaland that doesn't know the meaning of feminism but is quick to have an opinion on the movement and trash it is talking about selective feminism.The moment people realise that feminism is not men vs women the better for them.

Why do you boys like degrading feminism to relationships alone when there are broader issues the movement is concerned about Nawa for una ooo.

9 Likes

Re: Selective Feminism And The Regular Nigerian Girl by Magnoliaa(f): 12:18am On May 08, 2021
Biglittlelois:

I didn't even read the bolded clearly before, what a sentence from a learned person, lol.
Lewl.

Na the side effect of red pill be that. grin

1 Like

Re: Selective Feminism And The Regular Nigerian Girl by ABANGWABOI(m): 12:25am On May 08, 2021
NevetsIbot:

grin grin
Op you get zero chills ..
Only a fool believes takes a feminist serious..
They are all bitter , toxic , pained and Frustrated lots..

1 Like

Re: Selective Feminism And The Regular Nigerian Girl by NevetsIbot(m): 3:17pm On May 28, 2022
Biglittlelois:

Clearly you should know it was a typo. I type fast and I'm subject to error... Never claimed to be above it.

Calm your lungs.

1 Like

Re: Selective Feminism And The Regular Nigerian Girl by NevetsIbot(m): 3:22pm On May 28, 2022
AmazonTopaz:
The OP just like every other sexist or misogynistil on nairaland that doesn't know the meaning of feminism but is quick to have an opinion on the movement and trash it is talking about selective feminism.The moment people realise that feminism is not men vs women the better for them.

Why do you boys like degrading feminism to relationships alone when there are broader issues the movement is concerned about Nawa for una ooo.

Look... I am not here to banter words with no one.. Next time, drink water , read and assimilate please.

I have not taken an opposing post at the female gender and all the post is about is what I see a lot of young Nigerian ladies believing opposed to what feminism actually should be. I guess you had a very tough time understanding that.

You, probably unconsciously, ignored the part where I had conversations with a few ladies who made sense about their own feminists views and even earned my respect as a result.

When the only thing that goes on in your head full of paranoia is that everyone is trying to oppose you.... I am not too surprised.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Selective Feminism And The Regular Nigerian Girl by NevetsIbot(m): 3:24pm On May 28, 2022
ABANGWABOI:

grin grin
Op you get zero chills ..
Only a fool believes takes a feminist serious..
They are all bitter , toxic , pained and Frustrated lots..

Can't believe I totally forgot I created this post for over a year. Lol.

You can see them bitter ladies up there sha

1 Like

Re: Selective Feminism And The Regular Nigerian Girl by Dreadlock69(m): 3:29pm On May 28, 2022
Wetin concern me know Sha carry your weréy near me
Re: Selective Feminism And The Regular Nigerian Girl by NevetsIbot(m): 3:30pm On May 28, 2022
Hintona:
Mtchewww

Can you please give me instances where a man and a woman have the same job description but are paid different amounts

I'm sure if you look about you well enough, you'll see this aspect of selective feminism happening around you. You might as well say you and your other girls don't think that way but you only speak for yourself and your friends can only speak for themselves..

Note again... My speculations are drawn from conversations with quite a number of ladies who claim to be feminists and I noticed majority of them think like this..

2 Likes

Re: Selective Feminism And The Regular Nigerian Girl by NevetsIbot(m): 3:38pm On May 28, 2022
Biglittlelois:

Sorry . It's been over a year... I had other important things to do than to follow your unsolicited advice about concerning myself with the ills of our dear country. Since you've been concerning yourself with it as I believe you should have, has the nation gotten any better?

I'm sure you were busy minding your business when you decided to butt in on this thread and challenge my post like I was stabbing you with a needle in the back with it.

I hope the paranoia that makes you feel "every male writing about feminism is against women and a misogynist" is gone within this 1 year space and you can read the post again free of bias.

Quick question.... Did I, in any way, prescribe to people how to treat their relationships? Bet you can't think past relationships when the feminist topic is raised.

Get it?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Selective Feminism And The Regular Nigerian Girl by IkeIgboNile(m): 3:51pm On May 28, 2022
Hintona
Mtchewww

Let's use football for example, equal pay has been agreed for both gender but most of the revenue generated from the sport comes from the male part of the sport yet equal pay was agreed for both parties. My point is that Equality is not justice. Trying to bring Equality between two unequal gender will only succeed in cheating one.

1 Like

Re: Selective Feminism And The Regular Nigerian Girl by Nobody: 4:05pm On May 28, 2022
Who else have noticed that NO SINGLE FEMALE has attacked OP's points, but rather they're throwing insults at him undecided....

This goes on to prove my hypothesis, that "when an average or below average woman has nothing to say, they'll resort to insults/emotional blackmails/shaming" undecided...

Like I said in the thread below...
https://www.nairaland.com/7143009/thoughts-21st-century-feminism
Feminism is not only irrelevant, but it's useless...

Someone up there is talking about the "Gender pay gap", please understand that that crap doesn't exist! It has been debunked severally!

There's no where, where men and women who do EXACTLY the same job, work the same amount of time and achieve the same results are paid differently, NOWHERE!

People are paid on the basis of PRODUCTIVITY, if you're paid less, it's not because you're a woman, but it's because you're not PRODUCTIVE, go and work on yourself!!!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Selective Feminism And The Regular Nigerian Girl by Wilson500: 11:25am On May 29, 2022
Feminists are the most confused creatures on earth
If you want equal right as a man, then you to have accept the burdens of been a man and not just the benefits.
Stop quoting Bible that women are weaker vessels when its time to do hard jobs but you then forget that same the Bible quoted that a woman will be under a man.
Feminism is even toxic to you women undecided

1 Like

Re: Selective Feminism And The Regular Nigerian Girl by VenumX: 11:47am On May 29, 2022
Inventless b@b00ns always spilling trash.

Wait for woman to come and feed and clothe you ok?

Buzu equal rights.
Re: Selective Feminism And The Regular Nigerian Girl by Nobody: 12:55pm On May 29, 2022
AmazonTopaz:

The bolded was my first thought reading through op's post. It's evident this original poster has no indepth understanding of what he wishes to oppose. Shouldn't understanding the concept of an ideology be the very first step in tackling it for every sane mind. But like the shallow minded lots who uses this forum in bountiful numbers. Nevelsibot was quick to display his Idiocracy and some folk wants females to come educating an uninformed, unwilling to learn audience. We are not knights to fools. Illiterate, may be but unrepentant fools? Nahhhhh.

Feminism is not about equality but equity, the moment they realize this the better for them.

2 Likes

Re: Selective Feminism And The Regular Nigerian Girl by moyosore32: 1:23pm On May 29, 2022
NevetsIbot:

Are you kidding me right now?? I’m not sure you read this thing right. How did you pass comprehension passage exercises is secondary school?? undecided

Aswear she no read am at all, na jump she just jump enter d thread from wherever she was creeping out from... lol naso some of dem dey sha
Re: Selective Feminism And The Regular Nigerian Girl by fattprince(m): 1:38pm On May 29, 2022
Hintona:
Mtchewww

Of course it's not fair. But if you can think for just a moment you will see the light. Like if the females are paid lower to the male and they are doing equal tasks why is the employer employing a male at all. Doesn't he want to make more profit by employing some who will collect less due to her gender? No, because no matter what the male will perform better asides the maternity leave and lesser focus the lady will have when she married or start giving birth. Moreover you are paid according to your importance to the company. Or are there not females who collects more than some males due to their higher position.

3 Likes

Re: Selective Feminism And The Regular Nigerian Girl by Biglittlelois(f): 5:20pm On May 29, 2022
NevetsIbot:

Sorry . It's been over a year... I had other important things to do than to follow your unsolicited advice about concerning myself with the ills of our dear country. Since you've been concerning yourself with it as I believe you should have, has the nation gotten any better?

I'm sure you were busy minding your business when you decided to butt in on this thread and challenge my post like I was stabbing you with a needle in the back with it.

I hope the paranoia that makes you feel "every male writing about feminism is against women and a misogynist" is gone within this 1 year space and you can read the post again free of bias.

Quick question.... Did I, in any way, prescribe to people how to treat their relationships? Bet you can't think past relationships when the feminist topic is raised.

Get it?

Lol you are fighting with yourself.

1 Like

Re: Selective Feminism And The Regular Nigerian Girl by NevetsIbot(m): 10:04pm On May 29, 2022
Biglittlelois:

Lol you are fighting with yourself.

Lol. If you think I'm fighting you then... So be it.

You should know by now... Ain't nobody really got time for your bs.. took me a whole year to reply you.

1 Like

Re: Selective Feminism And The Regular Nigerian Girl by NevetsIbot(m): 10:16pm On May 29, 2022
Persephone1:
The bolded was my first thought reading through op's post. It's evident this original poster has no indepth understanding of what he wishes to oppose. Shouldn't understanding the concept of an ideology be the very first step in tackling it for every sane mind. But like the shallow minded lots who uses this forum in bountiful numbers. Nevelsibot was quick to display his Idiocracy and some folk wants females to come educating an uninformed, unwilling to learn audience. We are not knights to fools. Illiterate, may be but unrepentant fools? Nahhhhh.

Feminism is not about equality but equity, the moment they realize this the better for them.

Thanks for the barrage of insults ... Thou informed mind. You can do no wrong.

If you had not stuck your head so far up your renal, you'd read where I mentioned that majority of what these women practise has nothing to do with what feminism is actually about.... That isn't me taking a big swing at feminism and it isn't me disagreeing with it. It is just me saying they do not practice actual feminism. Your myopic mind won't let you see past your hubris.

On the contrary, I'd love the core fundamentals of feminism to be taken seriously everywhere. Takes a lot of load off the men that way...

But then..... People like you with your obnoxious self that will not assimilate and truly digest without bias would just hop on a thread and do the jokers dance (displaying the sheer lack of grey matter in your medulla).

Why I decided to go downtown with jabs at you is because you went at me first.

If you will be civil, we'll continue to have a discussion on this matter... But if you wanna trade words while pushing your point, you can stfu and gtfoh.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Selective Feminism And The Regular Nigerian Girl by NevetsIbot(m): 10:21pm On May 29, 2022
Favfables1:
Who else have noticed that NO SINGLE FEMALE has attacked OP's points, but rather they're throwing insults at him undecided....

This goes on to prove my hypothesis, that "when an average or below average woman has nothing to say, they'll resort to insults/emotional blackmails/shaming" undecided...

Like I said in the thread below...
https://www.nairaland.com/7143009/thoughts-21st-century-feminism
Feminism is not only irrelevant, but it's useless...

Someone up there is talking about the "Gender pay gap", please understand that that crap doesn't exist! It has been debunked severally!

There's no where, where men and women who do EXACTLY the same job, work the same amount of time and achieve the same results are paid differently, NOWHERE!

People are paid on the basis of PRODUCTIVITY, if you're paid less, it's not because you're a woman, but it's because you're not PRODUCTIVE, go and work on yourself!!!

Thank you... Just Thank you... I'm yet to see one, that's why I asked her to cite examples for me.

Like the guy above this your post said, equal pay has been agreed for both male and female football players... But then male football generates way higher revenue..... But they still wanna push to be equal there... They got it, but is that now fair on the males who pull more revenue? To get the same pay as the females??

They simply don't achieve the same result.. if they do, no one would talk of increasing or decreasing another person's pay all cos of gender

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Girls And Shakara / "Have You Dated For Other Reasons Beside Sex"? / Nigerian Man Discovers A New River In Ireland Just Ike Mungo Park

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.