Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,178 members, 7,897,001 topics. Date: Monday, 22 July 2024 at 06:47 AM

Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. - Agriculture (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. (23812 Views)

My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner / Why We Mix Hypo, Detergents And Potash With Cassava -fufu Producers | / My Potatoe Farm Mix With Cassava ... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by akile21(m): 6:58am On Jun 17
Ameboperoo:

You can use Lagon or atrazine as pre-emergence for cassava. Then manual weeding and later use glyphosate. (All paraquat based herbicides including paraeforce have been banned). So you can use Dragon plus, or striker as alternate to glyphosate.
Cassava and water are not friends. It is always advertised not to plant cassava in water logged areas to avoid rotting of the tubers.

Ok thank you... What crops are suitable for moist area? Except from rice
Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by Farmerakinloye6(m): 2:35pm On Jun 17
akile21:
@farmerakinloye6, please can you suggest the weed management for only cassava like you did for cassava and maize (1. Glyphosate+2-4d 2. striker+2-4d 3. Para force 4. Manual weeding)?

Can cassava be planted on a moist area after making a big heap while water is passing through furrow?
1. don't plant in a moisture it will rotten! 2. Answers this question before I suggest approach for you; how many hectares do you want to cultivate, Are you using tractor to plough and ridge?
Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by akile21(m): 4:30am On Jun 27
Farmerakinloye6:
1. don't plant in a moisture it will rotten! 2. Answers this question before I suggest approach for you; how many hectares do you want to cultivate, Are you using tractor to plough and ridge?
Ok... Thank you.
I have planted Ugu seedlings there, hope it is ideal to plant ugu in a moisture land.
Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by enyice(m): 12:57pm On Jul 02
Farmerakinloye6:
unlike maize, tomato, cocoyam or yam, cassava is three years interval.. the price will go up by 2024.

How were you able to accurately make this prediction?

1 Like

Re: Maize Intercrop With Cassava Farming. by Farmerakinloye6(m): 12:33pm On Jul 03
enyice:

How were you able to accurately make this prediction?
smile....It BASED on experience sir!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

CHIKUN FEED....OLAM PRODUCTS. Best Profit Result Feed For Your Poultry Biss / How To Make A Staggering Amount Of Money From Milling And Packaging Local Rice / Locally Made Gas/charcoal Oven For Smoking Fish And For Baking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.