Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,203 members, 7,963,960 topics. Date: Tuesday, 01 October 2024 at 11:35 PM

Rochas’ll Win But Ohakim’ll Rule - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rochas’ll Win But Ohakim’ll Rule (1304 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan did not contest to WIN, but 2 save Nigeria. / Buhari Will Win But Jonathan Will Not Lose / 2015: Prophet Says GEJ Will Win But Will Be Cut Short (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rochas’ll Win But Ohakim’ll Rule by Abagworo(m): 12:21am On Apr 26, 2011
From CHRIS ANUCHA, Owerri
Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Photo: Sun News Publishing
More Stories on This Section

There is apprehension in Imo State over today’s governorship and House of Assembly elections. The governorship election has been described by many as battle of titans because of the personalities involved. The main contenders are the incumbent, Chief Ikedi Ohakim of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Rochas Okorocha of All Progresssives Grand Alliance (APGA) and Ifeanyi Araraume of Action Congress of Nigeria

(ACN). The coast is not clear as to who would carry the day between Ohakim and Okorocha.
For instance, nine out 10 people spoken to tipped Okorocha to win in free and fair election. But others said Ohakim might bring his power of incumbency to bear.

Daily Sun gathered that the sack of Interior Minister, Captain Iheanacho has further affected the chances of Ohakim winning. He has lost more support as a result because Imolites believe he was behind the sack. But Ohakim has won some to his side, especially those who hold fast to the zoning arrangement. The Orlu, Okigwe and Owerri zones argue that Rochas, from Orlu Zone, has no moral justification to become the governor after Chief Achike Udenwa from the same zone ruled the state for eight years.

However, there is allegation that some people in this camp have started singing different tunes after money changed hands. According to a source, what they now say is, “ let him complete his second term and go.”
Among the group that are determined to vote Ohakim out are members of Keke operators. They are unrepentant about their position and are not hiding it from anyone who cares to listen but some of them are of the view that Ohakim will be declared winner despite their opposition.

Meanwhile, security has been beefed up in the state while names of adhoc workers, including corps members, have been displayed at the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) offices in the three zones and the commission’s headquarters at the state secretariat.
One of them, Chika Uduma, said “Rochas will win but Ohakim will rule.”

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2011/apr/26/national-26-04-2011-013.htm
Re: Rochas’ll Win But Ohakim’ll Rule by koruji(m): 12:38am On Apr 26, 2011
For instance, nine out 10 people spoken to tipped Okorocha to win in free and fair election. But others said Ohakim might bring his power of incumbency to bear.

What is this power of incumbency people talk about anyway? Apart from good performance I don't see legitimate power of incumbency. It must be a combination of rigging and inducements for votes. Otherwise, I do not understand what "magnet" puts your thumb on PDP instead of your intended party in the voting booth.

It really sounds like an excuse to do what people want to do, but are afraid to say!
Re: Rochas’ll Win But Ohakim’ll Rule by wesley80(m): 12:38am On Apr 26, 2011
Absolutely intriguing contest. Was in Owerri last week after about 4 years away and i have to say in terms of visible development and organisation, Ohakim has done extremely well. What most people seem to hate about him are his guts and pride which have diminished the trust people have on him and tilted opinion towards Rochas who is seen more as a potential man of the people. The zoning factor is something that however can not be ignored as the article points out, left for me I'll prefer Ohakim in power cos despite his misdemeanors, he does have a concrete plan and has been goin about it quite impressively.
Re: Rochas’ll Win But Ohakim’ll Rule by houvest: 1:01am On Apr 26, 2011
wesley80:

Absolutely intriguing contest. Was in Owerri last week after about 4 years away and i have to say in terms of visible development and organisation, Ohakim has done extremely well. What most people seem to hate about him are his guts and pride which have diminished the trust people have on him and tilted opinion towards Rochas who is seen more as a potential man of the people. The zoning factor is something that however can not be ignored as the article points out, left for me I'll prefer Ohakim in power cos despite his misdemeanors, he does have a concrete plan and has been goin about it quite impressively.

So u saw improvement in Owerri after 4 years and because of that you believe Ohakim has a plan? SMH So Owerri is the same thing as imo state?
Re: Rochas’ll Win But Ohakim’ll Rule by houvest: 1:06am On Apr 26, 2011
koruji:

What is this power of incumbency people talk about anyway? Apart from good performance I don't see legitimate power of incumbency. It must be a combination of rigging and inducements for votes. Otherwise, I do not understand what "magnet" puts your thumb on PDP instead of your intended party in the voting booth.

It really sounds like an excuse to do what people want to do, but are afraid to say!

You got the bolded spot on. Ohakim's only hope is on rigging, inducements and blackmail but he will be trifling with Ndimo.
Re: Rochas’ll Win But Ohakim’ll Rule by luluosas(m): 1:10am On Apr 26, 2011
One will not seize to wonder about the hypocrisy playing itself out on the cancerous pdp. They claimed there is no zoning in the party, why is zoning therefore an issue in imo pdp? Imo people, set yourselves free from these cancer disease called pdp, by voting them out today.
Re: Rochas’ll Win But Ohakim’ll Rule by Odunnu: 1:30am On Apr 26, 2011
Indeed Rochas will win in a free and fair election.
Re: Rochas’ll Win But Ohakim’ll Rule by Abagworo(m): 5:16pm On Apr 26, 2011
Ok
Re: Rochas’ll Win But Ohakim’ll Rule by Odunnu: 10:38am On Apr 27, 2011
. . .and I hear he's already set for the government house. YIIIPEEEEEE!
Re: Rochas’ll Win But Ohakim’ll Rule by seanet02: 10:51am On Apr 27, 2011
“Rochas will win but Ohakim will rule.”
Such can only happen in Ibo land till thy kingdom come
grin grin grin
Re: Rochas’ll Win But Ohakim’ll Rule by presido1: 11:00am On Apr 27, 2011
So far so good. 21 of the lga's are now under Rochas 6 lga remaining.
Let me see how Ohakigi will rule.

This shows that the election is credible in Imo state.

How are Abians doing?
Re: Rochas’ll Win But Ohakim’ll Rule by Abagworo(m): 10:17pm On Apr 29, 2011
And this is just the situation now.Funny how PDP uses the military to impose itself against the wishes of the people in the entire elections.
Re: Rochas’ll Win But Ohakim’ll Rule by cold(m): 11:52pm On Apr 29, 2011
wesley80:

You're an id!ot,end of!
Re: Rochas’ll Win But Ohakim’ll Rule by Nadanbata: 12:01am On Apr 30, 2011
Abagworo:

And this is just the situation now.Funny how PDP uses the military to impose itself against the wishes of the people in the entire elections.

Lols, Becuase thier boy got in. They didnt want to questions GEJ magic 99's. But now same tactics are being used to Keep the 'good Lieutenants' aka Governors in power.

I DEY LAUGH HARD O  cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Rochas’ll Win But Ohakim’ll Rule by wesley80(m): 12:09am On Apr 30, 2011
@Cold,
Na your FADA be Id.iot, you miserable brainwashed street urchin.
Re: Rochas’ll Win But Ohakim’ll Rule by cold(m): 12:26am On Apr 30, 2011
wesley80:

@Cold,
Na your FADA be Id.iot, you miserable brainwashed street urchin.
Jheeze!This is so lame,i thought you'd come at me gunz blazing but you come with some lame ish like 'na your fada (who is late by the way)be id!ot!Your stup!dity is overwhelming it's unbelievable.I really can't fathom why you're so eager to back anything shady,let me reiterate-you're an id!ot,end of
Re: Rochas’ll Win But Ohakim’ll Rule by wesley80(m): 12:29am On Apr 30, 2011
^^^ and let me reiterate too; Na your FADA be id.iot, wherever he is.
Re: Rochas’ll Win But Ohakim’ll Rule by cold(m): 12:36am On Apr 30, 2011
wesley80:

^^^ and let me reiterate too; Na your FADA be id.iot, wherever he is.
Same problem we've had in this country for years,you can't even innovate. You're stup!d
Re: Rochas’ll Win But Ohakim’ll Rule by wesley80(m): 12:45am On Apr 30, 2011
^^^ I'm sure your definition of innovation is switching id.iot with stewpid right? how innovative.
Re: Rochas’ll Win But Ohakim’ll Rule by cold(m): 12:48am On Apr 30, 2011
^^I'm sorry i can't help you.You're a lost cause
Re: Rochas’ll Win But Ohakim’ll Rule by wesley80(m): 12:55am On Apr 30, 2011
^^ In the spirit of Easter I say; Same to u!

(1) (Reply)

Caption This PIC. GEJ. #2 / All Those Beautiful Years We Spent In Nigeria-a Ghanian Perspective / Arrested Senator Sani’s Statement To The Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.