Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,137 members, 7,943,091 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 04:43 AM

Bridging The Gap - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Bridging The Gap (525 Views)

The "BIG" Gap Between Engineering And Medical Students! / Skills: Bridging The Gap Between Nigerian Graduates And Employment / Bridging The Divide: Learn Sign Language (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Bridging The Gap by healthy: 6:32am On Apr 26, 2011
Development is a process; a continuous effort of bridging the gap between resources and needs. Even as an individual, your ability to mobilise your resources to meet your needs will greatly determine your level of growth and development in all areas desired. In Nigeria, we often talk about development; we express our desire for it, yet we put in only little effort to achieve it.

The real idea
I am not trying to teach economics or political development here, what I am trying to establish here is the need for development of Intellectual property in Nigeria and also the need to make it a collective effort.

I beg you agree with me that the poor state of the average Nigerian is caused by our inability to manoeuver between our needs and what we have, which is as a result of the fact that we do not know how. Hence, there is a need to build knowledge base from diverse fields for everybody to tap into.

From nothing-ness to way of life
Undoubtedly, Nigeria is really blessed with so many intelligent and creative professionals. That is what we all know. Then, I still believe no one is empty. Everybody has a talent or knowledge, but the one you have acquired, someone else had not yet needed it for his or her development, growth or change.

We can create something out of nothing and also be giving back to our nation, and contributing to the building of intellectual property in Nigeria by sharing the knowledge we have through the most appreciated medium in this age; the Internet.

Your gain
Do I hear you ask, to what end? Yes it’s a right question to ask, but it depends on how you see it. I expect every reader of this article to see it from a different angle. However, from my own perspective, the gains are many. One, you will be making your mark and leaving a legacy, two, Financial gain; people will pay you for consultancy if they find out you are good at it. Three, you will feel fulfilled when you look back in retrospect later, to see how many people you have impacted on. Then if you cherish some of these values, you will agree with me on my own perspective.

Tentatively…
Recently, the need for me to conduct a research on a particular health issue came up. Some of the information I needed should be domestic; something peculiar to us. As I did not have the time to go on one on one consultation with health practitioners, I resorted to the WWW, being my area of expertise and since I know how to use the internet, most especially search engines for optimum results. However, to my shock, I was able to find only few materials by Nigerians. Under this condition, I asked myself two questions, One, does it mean we do not have anybody in Nigeria who knows about this; two, does it mean, people know about it but do not know how to share it here on the WWW.

Still on the thought
While pondering on what I could do about the condition, concluded there was less I could do about the first question I asked myself. But I agreed that I could do much about the second question, even pragmatically. Hence, I came up with a hypothesis; If I can provide a platform; an online course on how to blog for professionals and non-professionals, it will expose as many as possible who participate to how they can share there ideas, knowledge, opinions on the Internet, without the need to learn more technicalities, thereby reducing the level of people who know or wish to share but do not know how.

What is a blog, and why?
I’m pretty sure you must have heard about a blog before. It’s a form of website where an individual or group of users record opinions, information, etc. on a regular basis. It is easy to use; you manage your contents daily with ease without any need for attending a website technology school. If a nine-year-old boy can blog, you too can.

On a last note
To that end, I have dropped the current content on the website www.webtechcentre.com for the purpose of the training. Hence, if you are interested in the 7-day free course on how to blog, you can visit www.webtechcentre.com now to register. You will receive lessons in your email address.

Remember, once you acquire the knowledge now, you can apply it all throughout your life-time, you wouldn’t need to learn it again.

I am strongly of the belief that in joint effort we can build our nation.

Source : http://sunday.tribune.com.ng/index.php/inspirati/20944-bridging-the-gap

(1) (Reply)

Project Writing Made Easy / Admission Alert / Good News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.