Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,212 members, 7,950,198 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 10:11 AM

Health Problems After A Psychiatric Hospital - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health Problems After A Psychiatric Hospital (310 Views)

If You Were Mistakenly Taken To A Psychiatric Hospital, How Do You Prove To Them / Slay Queen Lands In The Hospital With Broken Buttocks After Bike Accident.Photos / Excess Selfie Is Linked To Body Image Disorder, Mental Health Problems And More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Health Problems After A Psychiatric Hospital by ania1994: 4:06am On May 09, 2021
My health problems started when I went to a psychiatric hospital. I don't know what happened to my body, but after leaving the psychiatric hospital, my body stopped responding to drugs and I have a problem with losing weight. From how it started. I went to a psychiatric hospital after I was addicted to sleeping pills, and more specifically to the drug clonazepam, I ate it by handfuls because otherwise I could not sleep. At one point my parents called an ambulance, which took me to a psychiatric ward. I spent 7 weeks there. I don't know what they gave me, but for the first week I was given injections and drugs, I lost my speech after that and I slept for a long time, after these problems, the doctors stopped the drug and I stayed on the pills alone. I tried to spit out the drugs, but I took the night to sleep, after some time (about 5 week) the medications stopped working and I slept for about 2 hours a day, I ate a lot and gained 12 kg during my stay in the hospital due to depression. (around week 5) I felt super saturated and clogged, I stopped eating almost completely, for the next 3 weeks I did not lose anything. After leaving the hospital I thought that I would lose weight without any problems and I would sleep normally, but I was wrong. I got home similar medications, unfortunately after these I couldn't sleep on drugs either. I ate about 1000 calories a day and slept for about 2 hours a day. After a month nothing changed, the weight was still the same and I slept for 2 hours. I decided to go to a psychiatrist, because I couldn't sleep, I asked for clonazepam again. Unfortunately, it didn't help, I continued to sleep 2 hours a day, tried different doses. I don't know what is happening to my body, it seems that it stopped responding to drugs and diet, I suspect that because of the drugs they gave me it could have happened. I don't know which doctor should I go to because I do not know what disease it is. I cannot lose weight or sleep, please help me with what the problem may be.
Re: Health Problems After A Psychiatric Hospital by OmoOgunOriginal(f): 8:25am On May 09, 2021
The weight gain is a side effect of the drugs used to treat you. That's the problem. Happened to a church mate of mine.

I honestly don't know the solution to the issue.

Do you have brain fog also cause he complained about that.

I would say you should seek non-pharmaceutical ways of sleeping.

Use white noise and aromatherapy to relax and don't bring your phone into your bedroom again. Ever.
Re: Health Problems After A Psychiatric Hospital by ania1994: 3:10am On May 26, 2021
I am thinking of doing a toxicology test to look for poisoning that probably occurred in the hospital during detoxification. Do you have any more ideas?

(1) (Reply)

Over My Death Will Oduduwa, Biafra Emerge As Countries / Foxxymobile Water, Enugu Water Tanker Suppliers In Enugu 08086510264 / Nigeria News: Top 10 Headlines For Mon. July 19th, 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.