Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,083 members, 7,913,058 topics. Date: Tuesday, 06 August 2024 at 06:28 PM

#JusticeForOmolara: Omolara Omoyajuwolo's Death & Beachlan Hospital's Negligence - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / #JusticeForOmolara: Omolara Omoyajuwolo's Death & Beachlan Hospital's Negligence (32158 Views)

#JusticeForPeju, #JusticeForOmolara: FCCPC Begins Investigation / #JusticeForPeju: Peju Ugboma's Death & Premier Hospital's Negligence / Monkeypox: Family Of Suicide Victim In Bayelsa Blames Hospital's Negligence. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #JusticeForOmolara: Omolara Omoyajuwolo's Death & Beachlan Hospital's Negligence by MzTunechi(f): 10:30am On May 09, 2021
The health sector is in shambles and our wicked leaders do not care
Re: #JusticeForOmolara: Omolara Omoyajuwolo's Death & Beachlan Hospital's Negligence by Philomath1212: 10:31am On May 09, 2021
That's Nigeria health system for you
Re: #JusticeForOmolara: Omolara Omoyajuwolo's Death & Beachlan Hospital's Negligence by PotatoSalad(m): 10:35am On May 09, 2021
This will only get worse as the good doctors leave the country leaving us with chaff.
Where is the stupid health minister that said they are free to go.
It's quite unfortunate cry

4 Likes

Re: #JusticeForOmolara: Omolara Omoyajuwolo's Death & Beachlan Hospital's Negligence by nemynely(m): 10:35am On May 09, 2021
From your story, i am thinking more of an acute coronary syndrome, simply put, a heart attack with possible pulmonary embolism - that is, a block in the breathing pathway that makes it difficult or labored.

There are three sides to every story though.

It is unfortunate that you lost your friend under such gruesome circumstances. RIP to her.
There is also the possibility of medical poor due diligence contributing to her demise.
I support the call for proper investigation into the circumstances surrounding her untimely death.
Lastly, whilst not making light of an already bad situation, truth be told - doctors worth their mettle have either sailed, are sailing or are on the brink of sailing out of this shores.
And what does the government do? Make life worse for those that remain, thereby making more health professionals to relocate and the vicious cycle continues.

4 Likes

Re: #JusticeForOmolara: Omolara Omoyajuwolo's Death & Beachlan Hospital's Negligence by IYANGBALI: 10:36am On May 09, 2021
Let go and let God
Re: #JusticeForOmolara: Omolara Omoyajuwolo's Death & Beachlan Hospital's Negligence by Masterito(m): 10:42am On May 09, 2021
I am sure they gave many injections without running tests. It is Nigerian doctors trade mark.
HonNL:
#JusticeForOmolara: Twitter user alleges hospital negligence as Omolara dies

As shared by a Twitter user

charah_xx
Re: #JusticeForOmolara: Omolara Omoyajuwolo's Death & Beachlan Hospital's Negligence by Charmingpet: 10:47am On May 09, 2021
eejo:
I can feel your pain but the bad News is that the Healthcare system is getting worse and people feel it is normal. Several times I wept watching young Nigerians dying for simple things. Am afraid many more avoidable Deaths will still happen because nothing will change.
no sector is working in Nigeria
Re: #JusticeForOmolara: Omolara Omoyajuwolo's Death & Beachlan Hospital's Negligence by abimic(m): 10:57am On May 09, 2021
Many doctors and nurses in all these private hospitals are so unprofessional and ill trained. If everybody start narrating their cases, believe me, some of these doctors in some private hospitals need have their license withdrawn. Even some government hospitals are worse to start with.

2 Likes

Re: #JusticeForOmolara: Omolara Omoyajuwolo's Death & Beachlan Hospital's Negligence by YaksonFCA(m): 10:59am On May 09, 2021
RIP. Condolences
Re: #JusticeForOmolara: Omolara Omoyajuwolo's Death & Beachlan Hospital's Negligence by Phcmayor(m): 11:00am On May 09, 2021
Sad news from all corners of Nigeria
God forbid
Re: #JusticeForOmolara: Omolara Omoyajuwolo's Death & Beachlan Hospital's Negligence by ORIAYO70(m): 11:01am On May 09, 2021
NeoWanZaeed:
Doctors and hospital officials have killed more patients than diseases.

I saw wehm when I was in unth.. That ICU idiots just dey kill people with their negligence.

Na talk and gist them dey do..

I turned myself to doctor and saved my mum from those stupid idiots at ICU.

People wey leave their patients go sleep for waiting room.. Most of their patients died

9ja is gone on all levels

I love that ur last statement#9ja is gone at all levels... I mean all levels

1 Like

Re: #JusticeForOmolara: Omolara Omoyajuwolo's Death & Beachlan Hospital's Negligence by lexy2014: 11:03am On May 09, 2021
PotatoSalad:
This will only get worse as the good doctors leave the country leaving us with chaff.
Where is the stupid health minister that said they are free to go.
It's quite unfortunate cry

It was actually d labour minister that said so who incidentally is a medical doctor

2 Likes

Re: #JusticeForOmolara: Omolara Omoyajuwolo's Death & Beachlan Hospital's Negligence by tunde82seidat(f): 11:03am On May 09, 2021
Sad stories everwhere,e don tire person sef.Sometimes it's even better to stay home to manage the crisis than go to these killer hospitals where they complicate the situation with their administration

1 Like

Re: #JusticeForOmolara: Omolara Omoyajuwolo's Death & Beachlan Hospital's Negligence by studentofTruth: 11:12am On May 09, 2021
Another one!
This business mindset must be stopped.
"Do no harm!"
Re: #JusticeForOmolara: Omolara Omoyajuwolo's Death & Beachlan Hospital's Negligence by mrkia(m): 11:13am On May 09, 2021
RIP Lara Omojuwolo. My experience of you being so troublesome lad to your Sister, your sibling who practically nurtured you right from infant throughout the graduating period till the moment (bcoz you people's mum untimely death when you were a baby) is giving me sleepless nights since the day I got the news.

May God � just console everyone of us and give your Siblings especially your Sister, who seized you as her baby the strength to bear this... Aameen..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #JusticeForOmolara: Omolara Omoyajuwolo's Death & Beachlan Hospital's Negligence by PotatoSalad(m): 11:16am On May 09, 2021
lexy2014:

It was actually d labour minister that said so who incidentally is a medical doctor
It's a pity
Re: #JusticeForOmolara: Omolara Omoyajuwolo's Death & Beachlan Hospital's Negligence by Jman06(m): 11:17am On May 09, 2021
urchcoded:
Naija hospitals smh undecided similar thing happened to my dad. The thing is these people don't really care if you live or die. It's just business for them, they don't have one naira compassion. My dad was admitted on emergency (we paid the emergency admission money) they just dumped him on the bed for almost an hour, no doctor came to check him. My brother was vexed and started ranting, demanding to see a doctor.( The doctor was in his office oh, but said his duty was over so he was not obligated to see any patient) he told a nurse to give my dad some injections without asking of his medical history, the nurse just came and stabbed him with the injections and left, few minutes later, he couldn't breathe and was in such a bad state, we started calling for help oh. The nurse came and started soliloquizing audibly that assuming say she know say na winch we carry come, she for no even attend to am, saying all sorts of nonsense. We told her to do something oh as he was obviously reacting to the injections she gave him. She said she only did what the doctor told her to do and she's not responsible for anything. Oya go and call the doctor, she said the doctor is not on duty so he might not come. I already knew my father was asthmatic so I told her to put him on oxygen. She seemed confused and reluctant, she proceeded to carry the oxygen tank while telling us that she is not supposed to do this oh. She put him on oxygen and he gradually calmed down. That was the day I gave up on naija hospitals and health officials.
The problem is that Nigeria is yet to start practicing pharmaceutical care the way it should be. Our doctors just assume that the few months they learnt pharmacology in school is enough to know all. Your dad obviously reacted to the injection he was administered. Thank God oxygen was available to help calm things down.

Like in the case of this Omolara, I can bet anything to the fact that she reacted to whatever stuff that was administered to her during that initial hospital visit. We have had many similar cases in the past. A friend of mine died in that manner in an Enugu hospital. Someone who went to the hospital by himself and then immediately he was injected whatever, his condition worsened. BP dropped drastically and the next thing was death! A painful incidence it was!

4 Likes

Re: #JusticeForOmolara: Omolara Omoyajuwolo's Death & Beachlan Hospital's Negligence by bigpicture001: 11:17am On May 09, 2021
You guys should stop cease going to private clinics at emergencies.. They are never prepared for anything.. They are only good when your referee to them....

3 Likes

Re: #JusticeForOmolara: Omolara Omoyajuwolo's Death & Beachlan Hospital's Negligence by lastclaire4(f): 11:18am On May 09, 2021
I feel for the family and well wishers of the dead. May God comfort them.

Nurses are actually very stupid. Sometimes it is not enough to blame nurses and doctors but let us take a look at mode of treatment.

Our employers do well to get health insurance for staff members but the "HMOs" are majorly thieves. I repeat majorly thieves. They collect millions from the employers and give the hospitals peanuts.

That is the reason many people die cos what they give to the hospital cant cater for the sickness. Someone has malaria, and then u tell the hospital ghey will pay N250 per person. Let us call the "HMos" out they are responsible for more deaths than the doctors.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: #JusticeForOmolara: Omolara Omoyajuwolo's Death & Beachlan Hospital's Negligence by OrdinaryNigeria(m): 11:25am On May 09, 2021
This look like covid 19.

Is not de hospital fault.

Most hospital dont have oxygen.

Thank God they have to give for a while.

If u go with their oxygen cylinder, wat wil they give the next person.

Am truly sorry for ur loss. This look like covid

4 Likes

Re: #JusticeForOmolara: Omolara Omoyajuwolo's Death & Beachlan Hospital's Negligence by misterjosh(m): 11:30am On May 09, 2021
Nigerians can just be very wicked, these people if they get to work outside the country won't attempt 1/100th of the wicked acts they do here.
Re: #JusticeForOmolara: Omolara Omoyajuwolo's Death & Beachlan Hospital's Negligence by jeiz333: 11:31am On May 09, 2021
Please go get a covid-19 test done.
Everyone who came in contact with ur friend is at risk. These are classical covid signs. And please don't go over spiritual, just do the test and speak the Word.

1 Like

Re: #JusticeForOmolara: Omolara Omoyajuwolo's Death & Beachlan Hospital's Negligence by OrdinaryNigeria(m): 11:32am On May 09, 2021
[quote author=seniormallam post=101516393]The idiots that was supposed to run dialysis for my mum, said he doesn't come to work on Sunday, that we must wait till monday.......the werey nurse even pass the message in front of my sick mum that was expecting the man to come, she just gave up the struggling to live......from the bottom of my heart I felt like bombing the hospital and go ahead to kill every family members in the doctors family.......it's Asokoro general hospital[/quote

Sorry for ur loss.
Its very wrong of the doctor.

Dialysis is done 3 times per week.
Usually Sundays is allowed for the personel to rest, if not they will leave this country. From the little I know, de drs are very very few.
Sorry for ur loss.
Re: #JusticeForOmolara: Omolara Omoyajuwolo's Death & Beachlan Hospital's Negligence by Sultty(m): 11:39am On May 09, 2021
post=101516256:

This is a rather fortunate incident.
Very fortunate.
Our darling daddy and our darling Health Ministry need to wake up sleep like a baby and do nothing.
So nice.
RIP Lara or something like that.
An orphan is gone!!
cry cry cry
!
Re: #JusticeForOmolara: Omolara Omoyajuwolo's Death & Beachlan Hospital's Negligence by Nobody: 11:39am On May 09, 2021
Nigeria is beyond redemption
We are quick to lay blame on leaders but forgetting that change begins with you and me
How the fuk would u transfer a critical patient without an ambulance or oxygen
Human sympathy has gone to the dogs

2 Likes

Re: #JusticeForOmolara: Omolara Omoyajuwolo's Death & Beachlan Hospital's Negligence by Tedpgrass: 11:45am On May 09, 2021
Jman06:
The problem is that Nigeria is yet to start practicing pharmaceutical care the way it should be. Our doctors just assume that the few months they learnt pharmacology in school is enough to know all. Your dad obviously reacted to the injection he was administered. Thank God oxygen was available to help calm things down.

Like in the case of this Omolara, I can bet anything to the fact that she reacted to whatever stuff that was administered to her during that initial hospital visit. We have had many similar cases in the past. A friend of mine died in that manner in an Enugu hospital. Someone who went to the hospital by himself and then immediately he was injected whatever, his condition worsened. BP dropped drastically and the next thing was death! A painful incidence it was!

This is no complicated pharmaceutical care but just taking a basic allergy history and having at hand.. Phenergan injections / hydrocortisone injection / adrenaline with oxygen - - - contents of an emergency crash trolley.

Taking a careful medical history - conditions that run in patients and their families help

You often find that patients don't have a full knowledge of their own history or don't remember in some cases.

That's why wearing dog tags for those with allergies-- antibiotics, latex, even paracetamol - - is very good. Also those with diabetes, renal or liver failure.

3 Likes

Re: #JusticeForOmolara: Omolara Omoyajuwolo's Death & Beachlan Hospital's Negligence by ParkleElegant: 11:45am On May 09, 2021
seniormallam:
The idiots that was supposed to run dialysis for my mum, said he doesn't come to work on Sunday, that we must wait till monday.......the werey nurse even pass the message in front of my sick mum that was expecting the man to come, she just gave up the struggling to live......from the bottom of my heart I felt like bombing the hospital and go ahead to kill every family members in the doctors family.......it's Asokoro general hospital

I feel ur pain bro, when they told my mum in an hospital in Nyanyan, Abuja that it was just a fibroid n needs no operation,when it was a fibroid that has gotten infected and needed to be removed urgently, they gave her an injection n asked me n Dad to go home, latter that evening on d same day, we rushed mum to d hospital cause she couldn't breath n was bleeding badly, they told us to deposit 24,000 which dad begged and cried that they should commence with d treatment, that he was going to bring d money d next day,they refused saying "no money no treatment" dad rushed out of the hospital to look for d money n asked me to stay wit mum... I saw my mum literally go down on her knees,crying n begging the nurses to treat her, the only thing they did was chat,a doctor came out, saw d situation asked wat d problem was,then he told them to take her to a ward, we all thought that God has sent a helper but what they did was abandoned us there, I saw my mum didnt HV d strength to talk,ran n called d nurse but they ignored me, my mum whispered and told me to take her to d nurse,I did,she please but they ignored,my mum pleaded till she breath her last with her on her knees n tears on her eyes, d only thing they do was tell someone to take her body to the mortuary without any remorse... Dad came back with the money after sweating n looking dirty, he came and saw me with my mother lying on the floor in the mortuary... This doctors n nurses re not compassionate

10 Likes

Re: #JusticeForOmolara: Omolara Omoyajuwolo's Death & Beachlan Hospital's Negligence by htdot: 11:53am On May 09, 2021
I know how it pain to loose someone close.. from her write up, the hospital really try their best to save her not as if it was negligence..

Most nigerians will wait at home until the problem became complicated before they will rush to the hospital and start blaming the medical staffs..

2 Likes

Re: #JusticeForOmolara: Omolara Omoyajuwolo's Death & Beachlan Hospital's Negligence by sisisioge: 11:55am On May 09, 2021
Father Lord! Wetin dey happen for this country o. Shouldnt there be a law that guides the conducts of these quack hospitals? Imagine! Lara could indeed be anybody tomorrow. Firstly, it was Peju whose husband even had 4m to deposit! Yet, she was mismanaged. Now this poor girl....it is well o. Dearest Lird in heaven!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Hotels, School Dormitories To Be Used As Isolation Centres - FG / British Man Dies From Coronavirus In Japan / FG Seeks COVID-19 Patients For Herbal Drug Trials

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.