Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,836 members, 7,966,088 topics. Date: Friday, 04 October 2024 at 09:01 AM

How Does One Deal With The Death Of A Spouse? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Does One Deal With The Death Of A Spouse? (1033 Views)

Loss Of Libido Due To Depression: How Does One Revive It? / See What I observed After The Death Of My Father / Why Do People Do This After The Death Of Their Parents? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Does One Deal With The Death Of A Spouse? by wiseone10: 10:19am On May 09, 2021
This is my first topic here.

I lost my wife a week ago and it has been very difficult. We had been married for 9 months. Anybody experienced something like this before? How did you cope?

It's difficult for me

1 Like

Re: How Does One Deal With The Death Of A Spouse? by Mindlog: 10:28am On May 09, 2021
My condolences.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Does One Deal With The Death Of A Spouse? by Vicadee240: 10:42am On May 09, 2021
Sorry about that. Just be prayerful and roll your burdens upon Him. He will see you through.
Re: How Does One Deal With The Death Of A Spouse? by Nobody: 10:48am On May 09, 2021
1. Time heals wounds.
2. Your world won't come to an end.
3. Try to get your support base from families and friends.
4. Focus on yourself.
5. Grieving isn't forever.
6. Go out and focus on other things
7. Don't be hard on yourself.
8. Over thinking and blaming won't solve anything.
9. Be positive

5 Likes

Re: How Does One Deal With The Death Of A Spouse? by emman44(m): 11:03am On May 09, 2021
wiseone10:
This is my first topic here.

I lost my wife a week ago and it has been very difficult. We had been married for 9 months. Anybody experienced something like this before? How did you cope?

It's difficult for me

I have lost love ones and I can tell you it is not easy. My advice is that try to have positive minded people around, be open to people as regards your pains and always cry when you have the urge to.

4 Likes

Re: How Does One Deal With The Death Of A Spouse? by prettysassygirl(f): 12:21pm On May 09, 2021
My condolences. May the Lord strengthen you. Just try and not be alone this period. Stay with loved ones.

1 Like

Re: How Does One Deal With The Death Of A Spouse? by Angelacruz: 12:27pm On May 09, 2021
My condolences bro
Re: How Does One Deal With The Death Of A Spouse? by GboyegaD(m): 12:49pm On May 09, 2021
My condolences and I pray her soul rest in perfect peace.

1 Like

Re: How Does One Deal With The Death Of A Spouse? by sisisioge: 2:43pm On May 09, 2021
So sorry for your loss....may God rest her well and help you her loved ones deal with the loss.

This thread was very useful for people who lost their spouses. It is well.

https://www.nairaland.com/20511/adjusting-life-widower
Re: How Does One Deal With The Death Of A Spouse? by Aaaaarghmed(m): 2:49pm On May 09, 2021
Sorry for your loss,I really dont have advise to give but God will give you peace
Re: How Does One Deal With The Death Of A Spouse? by mariahAngel(f): 3:26pm On May 09, 2021
sisisioge:
So sorry for your loss....may God rest her well and help you her loved ones deal with the loss.

Op, my condolences.
May her soul find rest.

Sisi, can you help me get the link to that thread where the man separated from his sick wife, who later died?
It's an old thread I saw one time...couldn't read through then
Maybe I can now.
Re: How Does One Deal With The Death Of A Spouse? by sisisioge: 4:06pm On May 09, 2021
mariahAngel:

Op, my condolences.
May her soul find rest.

Sisi, can you help me get the link to that thread where the man separated from his sick wife, who later died?
It's an old thread I saw one time...couldn't read through then
Maybe I can now.

I just tried searching now but couldn't remember the title of the thread. His username is something Phoenix and the thread itself has the word diary in it. It was too intense for me to really read but I read where his wife died and he took the kids. What was wrong with the wife sef? It is well o...may God and His host of Angels keep us healthy and safe. Nothing in this life is guaranteed or promised, not even the air we breath. It is well.

1 Like

Re: How Does One Deal With The Death Of A Spouse? by mariahAngel(f): 5:38pm On May 09, 2021
sisisioge:

I just tried searching now but couldn't remember the title of the thread. His username is something Phoenix and the thread itself has the word diary in it. It was too intense for me to really read but I read where his wife died and he took the kids. What was wrong with the wife sef? It is well o...may God and His host of Angels keep us healthy and safe. Nothing in this life is guaranteed or promised, not even the air we breath. It is well.

Thanks for trying.
Re: How Does One Deal With The Death Of A Spouse? by Foodqueen(f): 5:51am On May 10, 2021
Sorry for your lost.

Nine months, was it through child bearing
Re: How Does One Deal With The Death Of A Spouse? by wiseone10: 5:12pm On May 10, 2021
Thank you.
prettysassygirl:
My condolences. May the Lord strengthen you. Just try and not be alone this period. Stay with loved ones.
Re: How Does One Deal With The Death Of A Spouse? by wiseone10: 5:13pm On May 10, 2021
Foodqueen:
Sorry for your lost.

Nine months, was it through child bearing

Yes. And it hurt so much because we thought we took all the precautions

1 Like

Re: How Does One Deal With The Death Of A Spouse? by Foodqueen(f): 5:36pm On May 10, 2021
wiseone10:

Yes. And it hurt so much because we thought we took all the precautions

Eeya!! Sorry.

Time will heal you.

How about the baby.

If you ever have to pour it all out, please do. U will be console and you will heal faster.
Re: How Does One Deal With The Death Of A Spouse? by Bravejayh: 6:02pm On May 10, 2021
Mehn, I don't even know what to say than sorry for your lose man. It must be really hard getting used to. I pray time heal you.
Re: How Does One Deal With The Death Of A Spouse? by wiseone10: 6:12pm On May 10, 2021
Foodqueen:

Eeya!! Sorry.

Time will heal you.

How about the baby.

If you ever have to pour it all out, please do. U will be console and you will heal faster.

My baby girl is doing very well. She's 8 days old today. This world didn't deserve my wife, sad it had to be at my own expense.

We were married for a bit over 9 months. I had the most wonderful marriage; everyday was bliss. She was kind, compassionate, happy, and thoughtful. My wife couldn't hurt a fly... this makes it even more painful for me.

I have lost an aunt, an uncle, and my little brother in the past and each one hurt deeply but the pain is nothing compared to this one. My heart is literally heavy.

People have told me to be strong for my child and I'm trying to. I pray for strength every day.

5 Likes

Re: How Does One Deal With The Death Of A Spouse? by wiseone10: 6:14pm On May 10, 2021
sisisioge:

Thank you for this thread. I spent time reading it. This life is truly unfair; It makes some people work harder to be happy.

1 Like

Re: How Does One Deal With The Death Of A Spouse? by Nobody: 6:36pm On May 10, 2021
My deepest sympathy and prayers to you.
May God strengthen and comfort you.
Re: How Does One Deal With The Death Of A Spouse? by Foodqueen(f): 7:08pm On May 10, 2021
wiseone10:

My baby girl is doing very well. She's 8 days old today. This world didn't deserve my wife, sad it had to be at my own expense.

We were married for a bit over 9 months. I had the most wonderful marriage; everyday was bliss. She was kind, compassionate, happy, and thoughtful. My wife couldn't hurt a fly... this makes it even more painful for me.

I have lost an aunt, an uncle, and my little brother in the past and each one hurt deeply but the pain is nothing compared to this one. My heart is literally heavy.

People have told me to be strong for my child and I'm trying to. I pray for strength every day.

Sorry again. Time heal all wound.

Live each day at it comes.

Stay strong for your baby girl.

This too shall pass.
Re: How Does One Deal With The Death Of A Spouse? by ImaIma1(f): 7:12pm On May 10, 2021
It's harder when it's someone so close; a spouse and in a marriage so young. But you will pull through, you have to.

May God comfort you.

(1) (Reply)

Things I Wish I Knew Before I Started Trading Crypto. / Thank you / Do U Belief In Reincarnation?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.