Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,195 members, 7,916,525 topics. Date: Saturday, 10 August 2024 at 04:44 AM

Don’t Get HIRED To Be RETIRED - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Don’t Get HIRED To Be RETIRED (124 Views)

What Did I Do Wrong, That I Was Hired And Laid-off Same Day? / Top 25 Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria 2022 + How To Get Hired / find JOBS, get HIRED, get PAID! as a FREELANCER (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Don’t Get HIRED To Be RETIRED by whumeykarz(m): 6:17am On May 10, 2021
The first thing you expect from a job is to get HIRED and the last thing is to be RETIRED.

And this will be the case mostly if you find yourself in a career that there’s Job security, the pay is good and other benefits which vary from allowances, health insurance, car loans, children school support et cetera.

In other words, you find yourself in a comfort zone, and if there’s the possibility of No retirement, I’m very sure you will jump at it.

Of course, this is the dream job of everyone. But there are a few questions I would like you to ask yourself.

1) Is it guaranteed? What assurance do you have that makes you think you will be Retired on such a job.

Oh, because it’s the government job, so they don’t lay off easily and the labor union is there to protect you.

The year 2020 was a great lesson for the majority who think they have a job with high security. The pandemic made many companies management lay off workers and many couldn’t get a job till now because they either out of the age bracket of employment or not skilled to fit into any other jobs.

So you need to get prepared because times are changing fast.

2) Do you have the time to enjoy money made from the job? What’s the essence of collecting salary but don’t have time to enjoy it with family and friends.
You always going to work early morning and arriving late in the evenings, Mondays to Fridays/Saturdays. No spare time for your children, wife, parents, and friends except for holidays and likely your 20-30 days annual leave.
As long as you are settling the bills, you believe everything is good.
Or is it forbidden for you to decide to go to the beach, picnic, excursion with family and friends to have fun?
I believe you know the life expectancy of this generation is.........
Continue reading

(1) (Reply)

Project Manager / Sage 50 Accounting Training In Portharcourt / Go Where The Money Is!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.