Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,862 members, 7,889,878 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 11:42 PM

Needs Advise As I'm Contemplating Between Going Abroad And Completing My Studies - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Needs Advise As I'm Contemplating Between Going Abroad And Completing My Studies (566 Views)

Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse / A Friend Wants To Relocate From Portharcourt To Lagos(he Needs Advise) / My Hope Of Going Abroad Is About To Fade Away Cause Of Academic Unfulfillment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Needs Advise As I'm Contemplating Between Going Abroad And Completing My Studies by Miminana(m): 11:47am On May 11, 2021
Good morning Nlanders, I've been an active member of Nairaland for a long time. I've read stories of people leaving their lecturing jobs, and other high paying jobs to start a new life abroad with security, cab drivers or cleaners in Canada and Aussie or USA.
Right now I'm contemplating between going abroad and completing my studies in Nigeria.
I'm currently in my siwes and hopefully I'll be done this year(according to my school calendar). I don't know if I should wait, complete my HND or just go foreign.

I spent 5yrs at home after high school before gaining admission in 2019. Lotta my mates are already done with school, most of my childhood friends have left the hood for Europe (through the desert) and almost every of my friends have left too.
I'm already feed up of this country and I get frustrated as the day goes. I'm not planing on going to Europe through land though but if it sups, I will do it.

Should I wait and complete my studies? Should I save enough and travel now?
Re: Needs Advise As I'm Contemplating Between Going Abroad And Completing My Studies by Brexxit(m): 11:51am On May 11, 2021
Going to Europe through the desert is too risky.

If you must travel out then go legally.
Re: Needs Advise As I'm Contemplating Between Going Abroad And Completing My Studies by ednut1(m): 11:55am On May 11, 2021
Miminana:
Good morning Nlanders, I've been an active member of Nairaland for a long time. I've read stories of people leaving their lecturing jobs, and other high paying jobs to start a new life abroad with security, cab drivers or cleaners in Canada and Aussie or USA.
Right now I'm contemplating between going abroad and completing my studies in Nigeria.
I'm currently in my siwes and hopefully I'll be done this year(according to my school calendar). I don't know if I should wait, complete my HND or just go foreign.

I spent 5yrs at home after high school before gaining admission in 2019. Lotta my mates are already done with school, most of my childhood friends have left the hood for Europe (through the desert) and almost every of my friends have left too.
I'm already feed up of this country and I get frustrated as the day goes. I'm not planing on going to Europe through land though but if it sups, I will do it.

Should I wait and complete my studies? Should I save enough and travel now?
who told you people are doing menial jobs Most people going to canada went there legally and are doing white or blue collar jobs. With your profile you do not qualify till you graduate and get 3 years working experience that is for canada. For uk you need to go as student or work in a indemand field like medicine, nurse, IT, auditing to qualify. For usa na study visa route. The days of using tourist visa to japa is over as you go suffer.
Re: Needs Advise As I'm Contemplating Between Going Abroad And Completing My Studies by Miminana(m): 12:24pm On May 11, 2021
ednut1:
who told you people are doing menial jobs Most people going to canada went there legally and are doing white or blue collar jobs. With your profile you do not qualify till you graduate and get 3 years working experience that is for canada. For uk you need to go as student or work in a indemand field like medicine, nurse, IT, auditing to qualify. For usa na study visa route. The days of using tourist visa to japa is over as you go suffer.
For UK, if I apply for work visa must I indicate the kind of work I'm applying for or no need.
I'm not planing of going to Canada now(even though that's my target) cos not enough money for Canada now. I'm thinking of Germany. Nigeria just tire me I can't lie, everything is just slow or not working.
Re: Needs Advise As I'm Contemplating Between Going Abroad And Completing My Studies by ednut1(m): 12:50pm On May 11, 2021
Miminana:

For UK, if I apply for work visa must I indicate the kind of work I'm applying for or no need.
I'm not planing of going to Canada now(even though that's my target) cos not enough money for Canada now. I'm thinking of Germany. Nigeria just tire me I can't lie, everything is just slow or not working.
if your are not a doctor, nurse, auditor, engineerer etc where you wan see work visa A company must give you job offer to qualify. Germany you need over 4m naira for block account as a student. Of abroad easy you think people will go through the desert There is war in libya if you try am you fit end up as slave

2 Likes

Re: Needs Advise As I'm Contemplating Between Going Abroad And Completing My Studies by Miminana(m): 1:04pm On May 11, 2021
ednut1:
if your are not a doctor, nurse, auditor, engineerer etc where you wan see work visa A company must give you job offer to qualify. Germany you need over 4m naira for block account as a student. Of abroad easy you think people will go through the desert There is war in libya if you try am you fit end up as slave
Mad o!! So to get the work visa self is war. No be to take the desert root enter Europe dey fear me but the cost, almost 1m and sometimes you may spend over 1m and not still cross.
Like pay 350k for start, inside the journey you may still pay up to 90-100k before you reach Libya. If you reach Libya you'll still pay like 50k and when you wan cross another 300k or VIP crossing 400k(all this expenses is if dem no arrest me and is I no pay bail). I know this cos of my guys that have travelled. 3 even go 3weeks ago and they're in Libya now looking for crossing money.

Or should I just save and apply USA tourist visa and when I reach there I apply asylum or just run? Is it a nice idea?
Re: Needs Advise As I'm Contemplating Between Going Abroad And Completing My Studies by Nobody: 1:17pm On May 11, 2021
Miminana:

Mad o!! So to get the work visa self is war. No be to take the desert root enter Europe dey fear me but the cost, almost 1m and sometimes you may spend over 1m and not still cross.
Like pay 350k for start, inside the journey you may still pay up to 90-100k before you reach Libya. If you reach Libya you'll still pay like 50k and when you wan cross another 300k or VIP crossing 400k(all this expenses is if dem no arrest me and is I no pay bail). I know this cos of my guys that have travelled. 3 even go 3weeks ago and they're in Libya now looking for crossing money.

Or should I just save and apply USA tourist visa and when I reach there I apply asylum or just run? Is it a nice idea?
1m to get to Italy and be in detention camp or do gay prostitution, most guys dey do there. Africans need to app. Usa tourist visa self they wont give you as they know you wanna japa. Save money, find legal means to japa not all these corner corner means
Re: Needs Advise As I'm Contemplating Between Going Abroad And Completing My Studies by ednut1(m): 1:18pm On May 11, 2021
Miminana:

i pity you
Re: Needs Advise As I'm Contemplating Between Going Abroad And Completing My Studies by Miminana(m): 1:29pm On May 11, 2021
Lagbaja88:
1m to get to Italy and be in detention camp or do gay prostitution, most guys dey do there. Africans need to app. Usa tourist visa self they wont give you as they know you wanna japa. Save money, find legal means to japa not all these corner corner means
Nothing bad in trying. The risk don't scare me even hell fire self don't scare me anymore. I just wan leave Naija but don't know if I should finish school or if I go now is better that's why I need advise here.
Re: Needs Advise As I'm Contemplating Between Going Abroad And Completing My Studies by Nobody: 1:40pm On May 11, 2021
Miminana:

Nothing bad in trying. The risk don't scare me even hell fire self don't scare me anymore. I just wan leave Naija but don't know if I should finish school or if I go now is better that's why I need advise here.
then you have no sense.

1 Like

Re: Needs Advise As I'm Contemplating Between Going Abroad And Completing My Studies by Miminana(m): 2:00pm On May 11, 2021
Lagbaja88:
then you have no sense.
Still don't know why you make this statement. Just want to let you know I no vex.
Re: Needs Advise As I'm Contemplating Between Going Abroad And Completing My Studies by Nobody: 2:08pm On May 11, 2021
Miminana:

Still don't know why you make this statement. Just want to let you know I no vex.
there is nothing in Italy for now, spending 1m to risk your life to get there is not worth it. Please use your brain
Re: Needs Advise As I'm Contemplating Between Going Abroad And Completing My Studies by Emmacks: 4:25pm On May 16, 2021
Let me give you the best advice, finishing your school is advantageous to you mainly because
1. You can apply for scholarships with your grades in school and if you gain scholarship you would study abroad and japa.
2.if you graduate, you can apply for master's program in any of the advance countries, present your documents and you japa.
3. If you graduate your studies, you can apply for Canada express entry and use that means to leave the country.
4.if you graduate your studies and you have enough funds you can apply for Germany job seekers visa and use that means to leave the country.
5. If you graduate your studies you can equip yourself with rare skills and apply fro jobs from Nigeria and leave the country with work permit visa.
So technically the advantages you have as a graduate relocating is very more than not graduating at all.

3 Likes

Re: Needs Advise As I'm Contemplating Between Going Abroad And Completing My Studies by Richdee1(m): 6:57pm On May 16, 2021
ORISIRISIIII
Everybody wan travel
Libya is not the way

(1) (Reply)

Many Miraculously Escape D*ath As Car Rams Into A Store In Ibadan, Oyo State. ?: / What Will You Do In This Situation? / ‘detty December’: Nigeria’s Diaspora Flock To Lagos For Party Season

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.