Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,351 members, 7,891,562 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 03:04 PM

Life Is Good Until... - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Life Is Good Until... (911 Views)

Pastor Adeboye: Taking Holy Communion In The Morning Is Wrong, At Night Is Good / Nigeria Female Traditionalist: My Greatest Regret In Life Is Going To Church / Today Is Good Friday: How To Celebrate Good Friday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Life Is Good Until... by Myer(m): 8:49am On May 24, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Recall you mentioned earlier that sin is a choice made to disobey the teachings and commandments of God. undecided

Well, the reason I am able to say I did not sin all of this week is because I continually chose to submit and obey the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ. It is through this that my mind and heart is trained obey God rather than disobey. undecided

However, overtime, I have noticed that the Spirit now aids me in my obedience as I do not have to actively process the commands in my mind - my mind or heart seems to know more and more what choices to make in what situation so I am not as stressed about making the right choice as I used to be when I first started. undecided

Matthew 5:21-30 Can you say you're not guilty of any of this though?

"You have heard that it was said to those of old, 'You shall not murder, and whoever murders will be in danger of the judgment.' 22 But I say to you that whoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment. And whoever says to his brother, 'Raca!' shall be in danger of the council. But whoever says, 'You fool!' shall be in danger of hell fire. 23 Therefore if you bring your gift to the altar, and there remember that your brother has something against you, 24 leave your gift there before the altar, and go your way. First be reconciled to your brother, and then come and offer your gift. 25 Agree with your adversary quickly, while you are on the way with him, lest your adversary deliver you to the judge, the judge hand you over to the officer, and you be thrown into prison. 26 Assuredly, I say to you, you will by no means get out of there till you have paid the last penny.
Jesus' Attitude toward Adultery

27 "You have heard that it was said to those of old, 'You shall not commit adultery.' 28 But I say to you that whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart. 29 If your right eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and cast it from you; for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell. 30 And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and cast it from you; for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell.
Re: Life Is Good Until... by Kobojunkie: 8:53am On May 24, 2021
Myer:

Matthew 5:21-30 Can you say you're not guilty of any of this though?

"You have heard that it was said to those of old, 'You shall not murder, and whoever murders will be in danger of the judgment.' 22 But I say to you that whoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment. And whoever says to his brother, 'Raca!' shall be in danger of the council. But whoever says, 'You fool!' shall be in danger of hell fire. 23 Therefore if you bring your gift to the altar, and there remember that your brother has something against you, 24 leave your gift there before the altar, and go your way. First be reconciled to your brother, and then come and offer your gift. 25 Agree with your adversary quickly, while you are on the way with him, lest your adversary deliver you to the judge, the judge hand you over to the officer, and you be thrown into prison. 26 Assuredly, I say to you, you will by no means get out of there till you have paid the last penny.
Jesus' Attitude toward Adultery

27 "You have heard that it was said to those of old, 'You shall not commit adultery.' 28 But I say to you that whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart. 29 If your right eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and cast it from you; for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell. 30 And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and cast it from you; for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell.
None of them rings a bell! Care to be more specific? undecided
Re: Life Is Good Until... by Nobody: 8:28am On May 28, 2021
He is still on the throne.

Jesus is Lord.
Re: Life Is Good Until... by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jul 07, 2021
Repent of your sins. Come to Jesus now.

He cares.

(1) (2) (Reply)

REVEALED! They Lied! See The Truth Behind T.B Joshua’s Death / Presumptuous Sins. / Opinion: The Men Of God Who Use Bullet Proof Cars.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.