Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,079 members, 7,890,571 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 04:09 PM

Right Or Wrong: What The Bible Teaches - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Right Or Wrong: What The Bible Teaches (1696 Views)

What The Bible Teaches About Money / House On The Rock Communion Day Outfits: Right Or Wrong? (Pics) / Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Right Or Wrong: What The Bible Teaches by Nobody: 11:21pm On May 19, 2021
Myer:

Easy route avoiding the questions. It's ok to say you do not know. It's actually pride to claim to know when you do not know.

Go back and read my last comment cos it's what I wrote there I'm still going to repeat and if you can't comprehend that one you'll still not get it if I repeat. So no need wasting my time.

Shalom.
Re: Right Or Wrong: What The Bible Teaches by Myer(m): 11:29pm On May 19, 2021
CharisEleos:

Go back and read my last comment cos it's what I wrote there I'm still going to repeat and if you can't comprehend that one you'll still not get it if I repeat. So no need wasting my time.

Shalom.

Since you claim we have not invited the Holyspirit. You who have invited the Holyspirit should be able to teach us what he has taught you.
Re: Right Or Wrong: What The Bible Teaches by Nobody: 7:48am On May 20, 2021
Myer:

Since you claim we have not invited the Holyspirit. You who have invited the Holyspirit should be teach us what he has taught you.

Ive done that in my second comment on this thread.
Re: Right Or Wrong: What The Bible Teaches by hopefulLandlord: 7:53am On May 20, 2021
CharisEleos:

Now, the part you quoted simply shows that they were allowed to eat of the tree of life ( in order to live long)
No, live forever but they never did eat from that tree. if only they ate that they would've lived forever. This is why God said they should be sent out so they won't stretch their hand and take from the fruit to live forever. or where exactly are you getting your "Live Long" from?

2 Likes

Re: Right Or Wrong: What The Bible Teaches by Nobody: 8:06am On May 20, 2021
hopefulLandlord:
No, live forever but they never did eat from that tree. if only they ate that they would've lived forever. This is why God said they should be sent out so they won't stretch their hand and take from the fruit to live forever. or where exactly are you getting your "Live Long" from?

This is why I don't like arguing the word of God because it makes people to see a simple text but refuse to comprehend it just so they can continue to drag on the argument.

Now, when a message is not converged straight doesn't make it void. What I mean is, for God to make such a statement shows that if they had not disobeyed, a time will come they'll graduate or be allowed to eat the fruit of life.

If you look at the scenario, they haven't even gone far with God after creation to at least test their faithfulness if they qualify enough to take it before they fell.

In all, God meant it for man to live forever. Which is why it is said that, death came through one man (Adam) and through another man ( Jesus) came everlasting life.

What do you think the last paragraph implies?

So many pointers in the Bible indicating man was created in the beginning to live forever until man fell then came death which was the penalty for his disobedience.

May the Holy Spirit teach your hearts.
Re: Right Or Wrong: What The Bible Teaches by Nobody: 8:10am On May 20, 2021
hopefulLandlord:

This is why I don't like arguing the word of God because it makes people to see a simple text but refuse to comprehend it just so they can continue to drag on the argument.

Now, when a message is not converged straight doesn't make it void. What I mean is, for God to make such a statement shows that if they had not disobeyed, a time will come they'll graduate or be allowed to eat the fruit of life.

If you look at the scenario, they haven't even gone far with God after creation to even know if they qualify enough to take it ( fruit of long life) before they fell. These things could be a way to test thier faithfulness and eligibility to earn it.

In all, God meant it for man to live forever. Which is why it is said that, death came through one man (Adam) and through another man ( Jesus) came everlasting life.

What do you think the last paragraph implies?

So many pointers in the Bible indicating man was created in the beginning to live forever until man fell then came death which was the penalty for his disobedience.

May the Holy Spirit teach your hearts.
Re: Right Or Wrong: What The Bible Teaches by hopefulLandlord: 8:15am On May 20, 2021
CharisEleos:

it's was converged pretty straight in my view, it's you that's been trying to muddy the waters.

they were allowed to eat from the fruit of life right from the beginning. He said they can eat from any of the tree, tree of life included. no "graduation" needed. it's pretty obvious God was glad they hadn't eaten from that tree which is why he quickly sent them packing.

1 Like

Re: Right Or Wrong: What The Bible Teaches by Nobody: 9:35am On May 20, 2021
hopefulLandlord:
it's was converged pretty straight in my view, it's you that's been trying to muddy the waters.

they were allowed to eat from the fruit of life right from the beginning. He said they can eat from any of the tree, tree of life included. no "graduation" needed. it's pretty obvious God was glad they hadn't eaten from that tree which is why he quickly sent them packing.

Now you are now coming to my side of the argument. It was based on your points I speculated all that i said in my last comment.

In all, I'm still not off point. And fact sill remains man was created to live forever which you have further reaffirmed with the bolded in your last comment. So forget the "graduation" part and all that. Therefore if they were meant to eat of the tree of life, it then means God planned for man to live forever.

Thank God you understand it better.
Re: Right Or Wrong: What The Bible Teaches by Myer(m): 7:37am On May 22, 2021
hopefulLandlord:

I grow tired explaining simple english to people who claim to be educated.

I grow tired explaining the fact that no matter how much you claim the Holyspirit interpreted the bible to you, you cannot deny what was written that God said or did. The rhema does not negate the logos. It only expounds it.

This is why you have been able to handle CharisEleos. Cos no matter how hard she tries, you can always point her back to what the bible explicitly says.

When God clearly said he did not create Adam and Eve to live forever until they eat of the tree of life which would make them live forever,I wonder why people still claim they were created to live forever.

These same people blaming Adam and Eve for falling to just 1 sin are steadily falling for various sins on a daily basis yet it is easy let us keep blaming Adam and Eve.lol

John clearly states that anyone who claims not to sin is a liar meaning sinning is inevitable.
As wide as the bible is with all its 66 canonized books, only Jesus lived a sin-free life. (even this can be argued cos he preached against calling others fools while he called people fools).

That said,if only Adam and Eve knew how to beg for forgiveness of their sin (which we only understand from biblical examples) then maybe they could have be forgiven.
Re: Right Or Wrong: What The Bible Teaches by Nobody: 11:07am On May 22, 2021
Myer:

I grow tired explaining simple english to people who claim to be educated.

I grow tired explaining the fact that no matter how much you claim the Holyspirit interpreted the bible to you, you cannot deny what was written that God said or did. The rhema does not negate the logos. It only expounds it.

This is why you have been able to handle CharisEleos. Cos no matter how hard she tries, you can always point her back to what the bible explicitly says.

When God clearly said he did not create Adam and Eve to live forever until they eat of the tree of life which would make them live forever,I wonder why people still claim they were created to live forever.

These same people blaming Adam and Eve for falling to just 1 sin are steadily falling for various sins on a daily basis yet it is easy let us keep blaming Adam and Eve.lol

John clearly states that anyone who claims not to sin is a liar meaning sinning is inevitable.
As wide as the bible is with all its 66 canonized books, only Jesus lived a sin-free life. (even this can be argued cos he preached against calling others fools while he called people fools).

That said,if only Adam and Eve knew how to beg for forgiveness of their sin (which we only understand from biblical examples) then maybe they could have be forgiven.

It's very clear you and your lots are always only out to argue the word of God to stupor. I'm not a party to such. So, clearly leave me out of your discussions cos we are not on the same mission.

I don't argue the word of God.
Re: Right Or Wrong: What The Bible Teaches by Nobody: 11:16am On May 22, 2021
CharisEleos:

It's very clear you and your lots are always only out to argue the word of God to stupor. I'm not a party to such. So, clearly leave me out of your discussions cos we are not on the same mission.

I don't argue the word of God.

I can imagine that you are a beautiful gorgeous talented lady.
But I can't imagine any God punishing you for eternity if your faith leaves your head by chance.

Don't you think you deserve a better life even in the absence of your faith??

*Have a better day*

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Positive Thinking Could Destroy You / Islam And War! / Giving Unto God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.