Stats: 3,171,096 members, 7,880,428 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 06:05 PM

I Survived A Snakebite? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Survived A Snakebite? (271 Views)

Floods Cause Increase In Snakebite Cases In Nigeria / Flooding: Snakebite Kills Village Head’s Wife In Plateau / How I Survived A Super Contagious Viral Infection (2) (3) (4)

I Survived A Snakebite? by domaya21(f): 7:38pm On May 17, 2021
My fellow NLers, good evening all.
Is it possible for one to be bitten by a snake and he survived without knowing it was a snake that bit him? Here's how it happened.

Laslaticala please help push this to front page so i can get a wider view if there's something else i need to know and do

Sometime in March this year i went on a business trip and i stayed over at a friend's place. He has a spare one room in the flat where they keep things and its also used as visitors room. He sells things and most of the cartons of things he sells are kept in the room making it fairly congested and might harbour creeping and crawling things.

I went to bed that evening exhausted from Lagos stress and i slept like a dead man. The next morning i woke up with a very strange pain on my left arm. When i looked at it, i saw strange marks. 5 strange bitemarks with puss at the tip. I ignored it, had my bathe and went to the market.

The pains continued all through my stay but i paid it no heed. It was swollen but i just chosed to ignore it. When i got back to my base the pains persisted and it even got worse so i started taking Augumenting antibiotic. 5 days later it dried up but it began to itch me so i started applying Whitefield ointment and the itching stopped. It got healed.

Today i was watching snakes in the city and the presenter showed how snakebite marks look like and it was exactly how the marks are on my arm.

Could i have survived snake bite without knowing it?

Re: I Survived A Snakebite? by Bilabong(m): 7:45pm On May 17, 2021
Snake bite is not a death sentence...

Thank God u recovered anyways.
Re: I Survived A Snakebite? by Bluntguy: 7:49pm On May 17, 2021
I just dey rush to comment first because I know say Lala no dey carry ear hear snake. Fiam, na front page, picture or no picture. Watch wetin go happen. I dey wait to modify when it happens.
Meanwhile, @op e fit no be poisonous snake wey bite you.
I no know in fact, I don talk wetin make me I rush comment.
Re: I Survived A Snakebite? by Augla1: 8:03pm On May 17, 2021
Well, this fit no make FP.
The real thing no dey the post
Re: I Survived A Snakebite? by harmargedon: 8:07pm On May 17, 2021
cry
Re: I Survived A Snakebite? by ChiefSosa(m): 8:14pm On May 17, 2021
Not sure you were bitten by a snake though! But, even if you were; you'll be fine; not all snakes are poisonous. This what my uncle said I should tell you.
Re: I Survived A Snakebite? by Janesouthall: 8:14pm On May 17, 2021
Not all snakes are poisonous...meanwhile tell ur friend about it and let him check the room to get rid of it for the sake of his family...
Re: I Survived A Snakebite? by nifemi25(m): 8:48pm On May 17, 2021
Try as much as possible to inform your friend about the incident...advice him to fumigate that visitors room.
Re: I Survived A Snakebite? by Braintrain: 10:17pm On May 17, 2021
Did you die?

Free Helpline In Nigeria Supports Those With Covid-19 Mental Health Struggles / Ecg Machine Training / Can Condoms Stop All Sexually Transmitted Diseases?