Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,779 members, 7,875,933 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 03:15 AM

What Will Happen If Elections Does Not Hold In 2023? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Will Happen If Elections Does Not Hold In 2023? (864 Views)

CSU President: If Elections Were Held Today, Tinubu Won't Win 5% Of Lawful Votes / How Atiku, Tinubu And Obi Stand Nationwide If Elections Where To Hold Today. / 2019: Election Will Not Hold In 26 States – Biafra Zionists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Will Happen If Elections Does Not Hold In 2023? by Penguin2: 2:17pm On May 19, 2021
There’s been threats here and there by secessionist elements that there will not be elections in their respective regions.

Nnamdi Kanu has been consistent with his threat that there will be no elections in the South East since 2014 although he backtracked on the stance on the eve of 2019 elections. But recent happenings suggest things are getting messier as regards the threat on election conduct in the South East as unknown gun men has started targeting facilities of INEC for arson.

Similarly, Sunday Igboho while speaking at a rally he held recently in Osogbo, threatened that there will be no more elections in South West until the region is granted independence.

The northeast is being overrun by Boko Haram.

The Northwest is a playground for bandits.

All these are threats to the conduct of the 2023 general elections.

And this is why I wanna ask those who are in the know of international laws applied in such instance and the constitutional experts, what would non conduct of the 2023 elections likely cause?

Lalasticlala
Re: What Will Happen If Elections Does Not Hold In 2023? by hotwax: 2:21pm On May 19, 2021
It means Buhari will continue to be president forever

2 Likes

Re: What Will Happen If Elections Does Not Hold In 2023? by illicit(m): 2:23pm On May 19, 2021
Buhari will be the last Nigerian President

3 Likes

Re: What Will Happen If Elections Does Not Hold In 2023? by helinues: 2:24pm On May 19, 2021
Those threats are simply empty threats.. Election would hold and life would continue as usual in Nigeria

PrinceOfLagos

3 Likes

Re: What Will Happen If Elections Does Not Hold In 2023? by 3pleDAssistant: 2:25pm On May 19, 2021
hotwax:

.... until the secessions finally happen or he is rendered unfit to rule by death or health

Your head get oil bro! you got it.
Re: What Will Happen If Elections Does Not Hold In 2023? by helinues: 2:27pm On May 19, 2021
hotwax:

Logically... grin cheesy

PrinceOfLagos
Re: What Will Happen If Elections Does Not Hold In 2023? by hotwax: 2:35pm On May 19, 2021
3pleDAssistant:

.... until the secessions finally happen or he is rendered unfit to rule by death of health

Your head get oil bro! you got it.

I as a yoruba man, I prefer buhari to be there forever than tinubu.

Tinubu agbero style combine with his tyranny tendency will send us to stone age

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Will Happen If Elections Does Not Hold In 2023? by Asgard73: 2:37pm On May 19, 2021
By next year north will be calm .. bandits will disappear
Government UGM will disappear

Fulani will recall their herdsmen

IGBOHO noise will be hushed..

Only IPOB and Biafra voices will be heard ..

Election will hold power will return North and a new government will Be incharge and put things together

Nigeria is on cruise because we don’t have a President
North and all political elites across region understands this .. and can’t wait.. 2023..

2 Likes

Re: What Will Happen If Elections Does Not Hold In 2023? by Asgard73: 3:06pm On May 19, 2021
hotwax:

Tinubu even in his dreams can’t be president of Nigeria

He knows this 100%

... except for his zombiec urchins..

They keep dreaming of Yoruba Muslim President...

South is a Christian region... minority Yoruba Muslim can’t change that or rewrite history.

They can only try.... but it’s very impossible and impossible

Except Zuma rock can be moved .. then we....

1 Like

Re: What Will Happen If Elections Does Not Hold In 2023? by chatinent: 3:23pm On May 19, 2021
Following intently...
Re: What Will Happen If Elections Does Not Hold In 2023? by Jostoman: 6:36pm On May 19, 2021
hotwax:

useless comment, so you are wishing us forever suffering right?
Re: What Will Happen If Elections Does Not Hold In 2023? by fergie001: 6:42pm On May 19, 2021
Elections will hold unless the Barracks decides to be an interested party.
Re: What Will Happen If Elections Does Not Hold In 2023? by Penguin2: 8:06pm On May 25, 2021
hotwax:

How can Buhari continue to be there when his tenure shall have elapsed.

He will become an illegitimate occupant and any of his actions will be null and void because it is not derived from the sovereign which is the people.

1 Like

Re: What Will Happen If Elections Does Not Hold In 2023? by Penguin2: 8:07pm On May 25, 2021
fergie001:
Elections will hold unless the Barracks decides to be an interested party.

Fergie, knowing that ESN now have guns, can you comfortably go to a polling unit on Election Day?
Re: What Will Happen If Elections Does Not Hold In 2023? by Penguin2: 8:10pm On May 25, 2021
helinues:

Logically... grin cheesy

Logically, yes.

But constitutionally, his continued stay in power would be illegitimate because his tenure has elapsed and no one would blame anyone who disobeys his orders because his powers are no longer legitimate.
Re: What Will Happen If Elections Does Not Hold In 2023? by Cholls(m): 8:17pm On May 25, 2021
My brother says who
Re: What Will Happen If Elections Does Not Hold In 2023? by fergie001: 8:24pm On May 25, 2021
Penguin2:
Fergie, knowing that ESN now have guns, can you comfortably go to a polling unit on Election Day?
Hmmm.......I believe all this will fizzle out before the elections.
Re: What Will Happen If Elections Does Not Hold In 2023? by adedehinbo(m): 8:49pm On May 25, 2021
Beware of this notherners,they will import people from niger to come vote,but one thing I can assure you is that, should north try any shit to retain power,the end of Nigeria would come faster, politician will start sponsoring those secessionist,and notherners traders will have to stay only north and do their business except that they want to become suya
Re: What Will Happen If Elections Does Not Hold In 2023? by Toosure70: 8:56pm On May 25, 2021
Nigeria don expired
Re: What Will Happen If Elections Does Not Hold In 2023? by Penguin2: 9:21pm On May 25, 2021
fergie001:

Hmmm.......I believe all this will fizzle out before the elections.

Let’s hope so

(1) (Reply)

The Five Types Of Unknown Gunmen Ravaging The Southeast / IPOB Uncovers Plot By Security Agents To Attack South East Cities / IPOB Declares Mondays A Total Lockdown In Southeast Until Nnamdi Kanu Is Release

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.