Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,857 members, 7,899,054 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 July 2024 at 05:29 AM

Man Slumps And Dies While Jogging In Aba (Disturbing Photos) - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Man Slumps And Dies While Jogging In Aba (Disturbing Photos) (63750 Views)

Man Slumps And Dies By Roadside In Port Harcourt (Photos) / Enugu Law School Student Dies Of Cardiac Arrest While Jogging(Disturbing Photos) / Man Slumps And Dies In Lagos During Early Morning Jogging (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Slumps And Dies While Jogging In Aba (Disturbing Photos) by Calicoe: 7:12pm On May 19, 2021
Wait!!! Let me understand something, you mean they brought him to your hospital after he died then they returned the body to the same junction they found his dead body?
What exactly is wrong with us in this country?
Who do us this thing?

2 Likes

Re: Man Slumps And Dies While Jogging In Aba (Disturbing Photos) by meobizy(f): 7:14pm On May 19, 2021
At least he had a good quality of life.
Re: Man Slumps And Dies While Jogging In Aba (Disturbing Photos) by Emily22(m): 7:14pm On May 19, 2021
Lexusgs430:
Remain fat with pride..... cheesy

Lexus again
Re: Man Slumps And Dies While Jogging In Aba (Disturbing Photos) by Yankee101: 7:14pm On May 19, 2021
Make sure your health and sobriety can withstand your exercise type
Re: Man Slumps And Dies While Jogging In Aba (Disturbing Photos) by Nobody: 7:15pm On May 19, 2021
BRATISLAVA:

Aren't thirties supposed to be youthful in the first place? Plus it's hard to believe all the praise for yourself, where are the bod pics?

he probably had a clog in his arteries and it impeded the supply or distribution of blood. people need to chevk their cholesterol levels
Re: Man Slumps And Dies While Jogging In Aba (Disturbing Photos) by JovialJune(f): 7:15pm On May 19, 2021
UDUJ:

Nah. These people that died had underlying medical conditions.

I have been jogging everyday for the past 13 years both at home and away and I can tell you it relieves my stress and I hardly fall sick apart from occasional headaches from working. It helps me maintain my weight and keep my youthful features. When I tell people I am in my thirties they exclaim in disbelief because I look younger.

Lol, you look like you're in your 30s though.

4 Likes

Re: Man Slumps And Dies While Jogging In Aba (Disturbing Photos) by seyz91(m): 7:18pm On May 19, 2021
you no lie
3lovelyflowers:
Too many walking corpse in the country.
Re: Man Slumps And Dies While Jogging In Aba (Disturbing Photos) by AnanseK(m): 7:21pm On May 19, 2021
D
djsjxjfjdisjdjb:

he probably had a clog in his arteries and it impeded the supply or distribution of blood. people need to chevk their cholesterol levels

More like cardiac arrhythmia or conduction defect - most probably congenital.
Re: Man Slumps And Dies While Jogging In Aba (Disturbing Photos) by jacoik(m): 7:26pm On May 19, 2021
Ezemarcel:
This ur hospital nawoo….see English wey u d blow for mouth
lolxxxxx hahahaha she blow this engrish for hand ✋ be mouth
Re: Man Slumps And Dies While Jogging In Aba (Disturbing Photos) by Nobody: 7:26pm On May 19, 2021
UDUJ:

Have you seen how people in their thirties look in Nigeria due to the stress they face everyday? cheesy

In Lagos you see thirty something year old people looking like they are in their late forties or early fifties cheesy

Never seen that. Except the person is obese.

1 Like

Re: Man Slumps And Dies While Jogging In Aba (Disturbing Photos) by One4me: 7:27pm On May 19, 2021
Ugandatales:

Walking is still the best. I've read many health books on the benefits of walking long distance daily...like taking a 30-45 minute walk. It is way more beneficial than jogging and safer for people that might have underlying health issues.

Very True, walking is the best bet, for the average person.
Only those who are certain of their health condition, that should engage in high-intensity exercises.
It is not a competition, so dont try to out-do or impress anybody, go at your own pace.

Many able-bodied and active sportsmen have died suddenly, when they over do it or have an underlying heart condition (which anybody can have), without knowing so. Elite Athletes like Ace Footballer, Sam Okwaraji, is a prime example

If you are walking/jogging and you can hear your own heartbeat, its time to call a taxi to take you home, it is the first sign that you are in danger of a cardiac arrest. Dont wait till it pops out of your mouth, na die be that.

We should also learn how to give simple CPR to people in such danger.
CPR methods should be taught is all secondary schools
and of only this country is not on cruise, l would have suggested that the Govt should BUY and PLACE Defibrillator Machines at strategic junctions
but l remember that if my people can be going to remove and steal Iron Train tracks, the Machine will not survive wherever it is kept. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Man Slumps And Dies While Jogging In Aba (Disturbing Photos) by AngelDo: 7:27pm On May 19, 2021
What is CPR?

quote author=sonnie10 post=101859520]Nigerians should have basic skills like CPR. There was high chance of resuscitating this man if good samaritans around knew CPR,

The next thing you will see them do is to give milk and malt with good intentions (not every fainted person is hypoglycemic) but not knowing that they are complicating things by blocking his airways. [/quote]
Re: Man Slumps And Dies While Jogging In Aba (Disturbing Photos) by kingthreat(m): 7:28pm On May 19, 2021
illicit:
I use to jog but now I don't like jogging
I have heard so many joggers collapse but I hardly hear that a cycler died
At least if u get tired u can't ride a bicycle

I prefer cycling to jogging

RIP young blood

God bless you for this advise.
Re: Man Slumps And Dies While Jogging In Aba (Disturbing Photos) by Calitoscassius(m): 7:30pm On May 19, 2021
Funny! I read a different story with this same picture.. undecided
Re: Man Slumps And Dies While Jogging In Aba (Disturbing Photos) by kingthreat(m): 7:31pm On May 19, 2021
UDUJ:

I have been jogging everyday for the past 13 years both at home and away and I can tell you it relieves my stress and I hardly fall sick apart from occasional headaches from working. It helps me maintain my weight and keep my youthful features. When I tell people I am in my thirties they exclaim in disbelief because I look younger.

Please go for medical checkup periodically if you can afford it. Some people active in sports activity just collapse one day and thats it. Me i jog once in a while but once I feel heavy or fagged out, I just trek my trek dey go.

1 Like

Re: Man Slumps And Dies While Jogging In Aba (Disturbing Photos) by Oju4190: 7:34pm On May 19, 2021
Amuochicha:
I Hate Men...

This womb man.....wetin men do u?
Re: Man Slumps And Dies While Jogging In Aba (Disturbing Photos) by SweetDipBenny(m): 7:34pm On May 19, 2021
illicit:
I use to jog but now I don't like jogging
I have heard so many joggers collapse but I hardly hear that a cycler died
At least if u get tired u can't ride a bicycle

I prefer cycling to jogging

RIP young blood
u funny. Same wit joggin. If u get tired u cant jog no more
Re: Man Slumps And Dies While Jogging In Aba (Disturbing Photos) by Nobody: 7:35pm On May 19, 2021
Germi9:
That’s how i went to jog the other day and my heart almost jumped out of my chest

Lmao. Like tried that jogging my heart was just doing me somehow. Walking/hiking remains the best way to keep fit.
Re: Man Slumps And Dies While Jogging In Aba (Disturbing Photos) by Zooposki(f): 7:35pm On May 19, 2021
I do Power or Bikram Yoga and Aerobic Weight Training, but more of yoga. I get insane amount of strength, stretch and cardio at the same time. Doing cardio only is just a waste of my time.
Re: Man Slumps And Dies While Jogging In Aba (Disturbing Photos) by Emeka05: 7:36pm On May 19, 2021
Still like a shock and I can't still believe U r gone Ikenna. Wish I can wake up from this dream.... The good days in the university. My closest paddy. This world is just vanity

1 Like

Re: Man Slumps And Dies While Jogging In Aba (Disturbing Photos) by Nobody: 7:39pm On May 19, 2021
Eat well and exercise crew have you seen it? It's good to eat well and exercise but don't make it seem like it's a sure way to long life and good health.

The young man is even in good shape and very young! And those saying he has a heart disease who told you that? Don't you know people without any single heart issue can have cardiac arrest from no where? This life just learn to live it well, no one is promised tomorrow! Do the one you can and leave the rest.
Re: Man Slumps And Dies While Jogging In Aba (Disturbing Photos) by BRATISLAVA: 7:39pm On May 19, 2021
djsjxjfjdisjdjb:

He obviously had a heart related disease. Sad. And to think he was only trying to be healthy.

1 Like

Re: Man Slumps And Dies While Jogging In Aba (Disturbing Photos) by BRATISLAVA: 7:40pm On May 19, 2021
AngelDo:
What is CPR?

quote author=sonnie10 post=101859520]Nigerians should have basic skills like CPR. There was high chance of resuscitating this man if good samaritans around knew CPR,

The next thing you will see them do is to give milk and malt with good intentions (not every fainted person is hypoglycemic) but not knowing that they are complicating things by blocking his airways.

Cardio pulmonary resuscitation, a skill most Nigerians, even the ones in the emergency wards don't know.
Re: Man Slumps And Dies While Jogging In Aba (Disturbing Photos) by Zinpat: 7:41pm On May 19, 2021
Ezemarcel:

No b small. Lol
Re: Man Slumps And Dies While Jogging In Aba (Disturbing Photos) by Angrygoat: 7:42pm On May 19, 2021
I prefer evening walks. At least I'm sure of doing 9000 steps everyday.
Re: Man Slumps And Dies While Jogging In Aba (Disturbing Photos) by BRATISLAVA: 7:43pm On May 19, 2021
Lexusgs430:
Remain fat with pride..... cheesy

Never suspected your belly enters the room before you do.
Re: Man Slumps And Dies While Jogging In Aba (Disturbing Photos) by 79733139(m): 7:44pm On May 19, 2021
Do you take breaks while jogging? Like every 10 minutes, you walk for 2 minutes?

UDUJ:

Re: Man Slumps And Dies While Jogging In Aba (Disturbing Photos) by Angrygoat: 7:45pm On May 19, 2021
Sad one. He wore black down,I.e from head to toe Nawa o. Seems he knew.
Re: Man Slumps And Dies While Jogging In Aba (Disturbing Photos) by Grandmeister(m): 7:47pm On May 19, 2021
Faber:
That's Uchman.

He was warned on Sunday morning by his friends not to go on road walk. They begged him to come follow them play street football that Sunday morning. He refused. He come slump at Brass junction.

Very sad indeed
Don't footballers die on the pitch too?

1 Like

Re: Man Slumps And Dies While Jogging In Aba (Disturbing Photos) by Nobody: 7:50pm On May 19, 2021
My own is will Nigerian Hospitals ever be able to resucitate anyone?
Everytime, it's either you're transferred another branch, and still further transferred until you die.
Or you remain at the first branch you arrived at until confirmed dead.
Very very useless Healthcare system.
The only place they specialize in is quoting huge Prices.
USELESS COUNTRY.

1 Like

Re: Man Slumps And Dies While Jogging In Aba (Disturbing Photos) by Kingstanding: 7:52pm On May 19, 2021
Ezemarcel:
. You're one of the major problem of this country. You that can speak English more than Professor Wole Soyinka what have you achieved with your grammar? Have never seen where a British condemn someone grammar. Honestly, black race got a big problem. Mind you English language is a borrowed language in Nigeria. It is in Nigeria that once you can speak English fluently automatically that person is a genius. Shame on you professor of English and condemnation.

1 Like

Re: Man Slumps And Dies While Jogging In Aba (Disturbing Photos) by ZaramT: 7:56pm On May 19, 2021
ArewaNightmare:
Sad Fulani pipu don kill our brother with juju and we will retaliate ,RIP soldier ur killers won't know peace

The this contraption will finally split most of you Igbo haters should just bury yourselves alive

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Latest Worldwide Cases Of Coronavirus (Photo) / 86 New Cases of Coronavirus in Nigeria. Total 627. 170 discharged. 21 deaths / Advantages Of Being A Skinny Girl / Skinny Girls Club

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.