Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,344 members, 7,888,098 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 07:11 PM

Nigeria Immigration Suspends Accepting New Applications For Passports - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigeria Immigration Suspends Accepting New Applications For Passports (1107 Views)

FG Okays 10-year Validity Period For Passports / Immigration Suspends $90 Biometric Visa On Arrival Policy / Woman From Switzerland Blasts Nigeria Immigration "They Tried To Scam Me" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Immigration Suspends Accepting New Applications For Passports by Magae: 2:39am On May 20, 2021
Nigeria will not accept new applications for international passports until old applications are attended to, the Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) has said.
While addressing journalists in Abuja on Tuesday, the comptroller of NIS, Mohammad Babandede, said the agency would commence the accepting new applications from June 1.
Mr Babandede said the directive was given by the Minister of Interior, Rauf Aregbesola.
“The process of receiving and processing all fresh passport applications nationwide is suspended till 1st June 2021, when the new passport regime would have taken effect,” he said.
“The suspension of receiving and processing of fresh passport applications is to allow for clearance of every passport application that was received before 17th of May 2021.”
He said all payment portals have been closed till June 1 and a task force will be sent to passport offices to clear the backlog.
Mr Babandede said deputy comptrollers have been deployed to all passport centres to monitor the process and ensure the directive is followed.
New applications will be granted in six weeks from the time of application, he said.
Mr Babandede decorated senior officers of the NIS who were recently promoted.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Immigration Suspends Accepting New Applications For Passports by farmsata(m): 2:58am On May 20, 2021
Clowns
Re: Nigeria Immigration Suspends Accepting New Applications For Passports by SoliBayNG: 8:29am On May 20, 2021
Story. Just get 50k and go to PH or Abuja immigration, your passport will still come out.
Re: Nigeria Immigration Suspends Accepting New Applications For Passports by Nbote(m): 8:54am On May 20, 2021
SoliBayNG:
Story. Just get 50k and go to PH or Abuja immigration, your passport will still come out.

They have actually stopped new applications. Even if U carry 50k go PH, u can't apply online which is the first step
Re: Nigeria Immigration Suspends Accepting New Applications For Passports by SoliBayNG: 11:04am On May 21, 2021
Nbote:

They have actually stopped new applications. Even if U carry 50k go PH, u can't apply online which is the first step

Who said anything about applying online.
Re: Nigeria Immigration Suspends Accepting New Applications For Passports by Bunmijab: 7:26pm On May 22, 2021
Good evening guys

Please is it possible to do a change of name on international passport?
I recently got married (just 2months old) and I want to apply for study permit

Note:
Have done affidavit of change of name and did publication too.
I have no document bearing my new surname

Please what do I do with the new development too?
Thanks in advance
Re: Nigeria Immigration Suspends Accepting New Applications For Passports by brown1234: 11:44pm On May 22, 2021
Take it the the passport office and you will be issue a new passport
Re: Nigeria Immigration Suspends Accepting New Applications For Passports by Bunmijab: 2:36pm On May 23, 2021
brown1234:
Take it the the passport office and you will be issue a new passport

Thanks for replying
Re: Nigeria Immigration Suspends Accepting New Applications For Passports by Bunmijab: 2:37pm On May 23, 2021
Bunmijab:
Good evening guys

Note:

Thanks in advance

Please any other opinion on this guys
So I can take steps in time
Re: Nigeria Immigration Suspends Accepting New Applications For Passports by Amorprincesa24: 3:33pm On May 23, 2021
Next thing is NIN! Take along the newspaper publication, affidavit, marriage certificate.
Bunmijab:
Good evening guys

Note:

Thanks in advance

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Immigration Suspends Accepting New Applications For Passports by Bunmijab: 7:29pm On May 23, 2021
Amorprincesa24:
Next thing is NIN! Take along the newspaper publication, affidavit, marriage certificate.

Alright thanks
But after NIN what next
Re: Nigeria Immigration Suspends Accepting New Applications For Passports by Bunmijab: 7:31pm On May 23, 2021
Bunmijab:

Alright thanks
But after NIN what next

Also please is it that I'll do a new NIN or what
Re: Nigeria Immigration Suspends Accepting New Applications For Passports by Amorprincesa24: 7:37pm On May 23, 2021
After NIN, you then go to the passport office to effect the change.
Bunmijab:

Alright thanks
But after NIN what next

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Passport Renewal Process In Canada (video) / Where Is The Best Place In Ibadan For A Foreigner To Live / 5 Passengers Aboard Submersible Exploring Titanic Wreckage Confirmed Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.