Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,651 members, 7,921,411 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 02:30 AM

Just In: El-rufai Accuses NGF Of Not Supporting Him During Face-off With NLC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Just In: El-rufai Accuses NGF Of Not Supporting Him During Face-off With NLC (299 Views)

Details Of FG’s Meeting With NLC, TUC Emerges / El-Rufai Accuses CBN Of Printing Only ₦300bn New Notes After Mopping N2 Trillion / El-Rufai Accuses Ganduje Of Bribing NLC Leaders To Cause Mayhem In Kaduna (Audio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Just In: El-rufai Accuses NGF Of Not Supporting Him During Face-off With NLC by cpu2006(m): 3:54pm On May 20, 2021
El-Rufai Criticises NGF; Accuses Forum of Not Supporting Him During Face-off With NLC

Governor Nasir El-Rufai of Kaduna State has criticized the Nigeria Governors' Forum for not giving him the deserved support during his face-off with the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC).
El-Rufai made the accusation at the teleconference meeting of the NGF held yesterday.

NLC suspended its five-day warning strike yesterday after it reached day three.
Speaking yesterday, He bashed the NGF, saying the press release was not helpful.
“That press release with the greatest respect was unhelpful. It was unhelpful, it said nothing it was trying to play both sides. I am a governor, I am one of you, the least I expect from the Nigeria Governors’ Forum is unequivocal and unqualified support I didn’t see that in that statement. I am being very blunt; I could pretend and be political and just smile and say it was alright but it is not. But I am used to fighting my own battles.

“We are not running a unitary system, we are a federation. We are elected to govern different states, we owe our people accountability not the NLC, we should take a common stand,” he said.
He said the NLC has been hijacked by politicians who were bent on throwing war into the state, noting that there is a conspiracy against the government of Kaduna State.

“If it is about rights of workers Kaduna is not the only state that has retrenched workers, Kaduna is not a state owing salaries, Kaduna is not a state failing to pay minimum wage, Kaduna is not a state owing years of pension arrears, why didn’t they go there? Kaduna was targeted for political reasons, and they are being financed by certain political interests.

“But we will fight them, we will defeat them but as the governor of Bayelsa said, and since he has brought that subject, I have a responsibility to put it through, unless we collectively address this monster, it will consume all of us.

“After this, they will never come back to Kaduna, they will never come back, you will see. They will go to other states it’s up to the forum to decide on what to do, but we are here, we are ready, we will end this by the grace of God,” he said.
Re: Just In: El-rufai Accuses NGF Of Not Supporting Him During Face-off With NLC by tito44: 3:58pm On May 20, 2021
foolish midget
Re: Just In: El-rufai Accuses NGF Of Not Supporting Him During Face-off With NLC by helinues: 4:01pm On May 20, 2021
Mumu.. That was after accusing other Nigeria state governors...

Check yourself El rufai, everybody can just abandoned you like that
Re: Just In: El-rufai Accuses NGF Of Not Supporting Him During Face-off With NLC by bhella10: 4:29pm On May 20, 2021
The handwriting is on the wall for you hell Rufai. After your tenure expect worst persecutions. If as a governor you couldn't get the support of your own people then expect a taste of the pills you dish out
Re: Just In: El-rufai Accuses NGF Of Not Supporting Him During Face-off With NLC by amazingspiderma: 4:36pm On May 20, 2021
Mene, Mene, Tekel, Upharsin

The hand writing on the wall.
Re: Just In: El-rufai Accuses NGF Of Not Supporting Him During Face-off With NLC by slimfit1(m): 5:09pm On May 20, 2021
APC always have someone to blame.
Re: Just In: El-rufai Accuses NGF Of Not Supporting Him During Face-off With NLC by ZorGBUooeh: 6:00pm On May 20, 2021
I don't like this man but if NLC wants to fight for human right they should fight Fg first when ever they trample on the masses with there useless law before they fight state.

I see there fight against Kaduna govt as a selective one.

(1) (Reply)

If I Were A Lawyer... / The Boast That Cross River State Is PDP Is Hollow And Fallacious - Obono-obla / Widows Of Deceased Soldiers Lament Non-payment Of Life Insurance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.