Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,158 members, 7,890,922 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 01:16 AM

SA Polygamist Slams Polyandry Says It’s An Attack On Institution Of Marriage - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / SA Polygamist Slams Polyandry Says It’s An Attack On Institution Of Marriage (341 Views)

How Lagosians Desecrate The Institution Of Marriage / Polyandry: Outcry Over South Africa’s Multiple Husbands Proposal / A Scorned Woman Takes To Facebook To Launch An Attack On Married Lover & Family (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

SA Polygamist Slams Polyandry Says It’s An Attack On Institution Of Marriage by Newsmond: 4:39pm On May 20, 2021
South African Popular polygamist, Musa Mseleku who became popular when the Mzansi Magic’s polygamy-themed reality show Uthando Nes’thembu took SA by storm, has slammed the proposal for polyandry to be legally recognised as a form of marriage, saying not only is it an attack on the institution of marriage, but it will it never work because it is not a well thought idea.

The show gave viewers a front row seat into how Musa, his four wives (MaCele, MaYeni, MaKhumalo and MaNgwabe) and 10 children navigate life individually and as a unit within the lifestyle.

Musa made the claim when asked to comment on the proposal of women marrying more than one husband being a recognized as a form of marriage in South Africa. In his opinion that making polyandry legal in SA goes against who we are as spiritual beings, attacks marriage and is in essence an insult to existing African traditions, cultures and practices such as polygamy.

The popular polygamist in the interview on eNCA, also said that polyandry would cause “a lot of commotion and confusion”.

He said;

“I can tell you, this is a mere, straightforward attack on the only institution that should be protected and preserved — which is marriage. I do not even understand where those activists are coming from.

“I think maybe they are driven by so much of trying to portray certain things as equality, whereas they don’t understand the fundamentals of where we (polygamists) are coming from with the institution of marriage. Polygamy does not just exist because a man has got a desire to have many wives.”

“There’s a reason we are seed carriers as men. One of those reasons is to make sure we build families based on values, customs and traditions. We have to build a nation where we will have people who are going to grow out of being raised by proper, functional families. What I see here, what is going to happen, we are going to have a rise in fragmented families who are not going to be carrying any particular form of direction in terms of raising families,” he said.

“Imagine one woman having — like in my case — four husbands. Each husband will want his own children who will bear the surname of that particular husband to grow his family. No matter how we try to say the children will take the wife’s surname, that can’t happen because spiritually and culturally that is impossible. The seed carrier of that child is the husband. I can’t lose my birthright as a seed carrier.

“Physically, I don’t think women in their condition can be in the position to that. Women are refusing to give birth even when they are married to one man. They say once child is OK or two. However, in this case, we will have multiple men competing to have children with this woman.”

Musa said he finds it hard to believe polyandry will work in reality, even if by “some miracle” the people for it manage to put it on paper. He said people were erroneously ignoring the spiritual implications of such an arrangement, and gave the example that in African culture a man should not have sex with a woman who is carrying another man’s child.

“Women are using this card of equality wrong in this regard because polygamy is not something to satisfy your physical needs. It’s not about that. It is about building families.”

The father of 10 said women who had multiple partners should continue living that way if it pleased them, but legalising it would be an action from which SA would never be able to “come back”.

After receiving mostly backlash for making similar comments in an interview with eNCA , Musa took to his YouTube channel to state his case.

Musa said no matter the motivation behind the proposal, he believed “polyandry will never work and will bring more harm than good and many families are going to destroyed” because of it.

The Uthando Nes’thembu star said he is convinced polyandry would never work and doubted anybody would have a counterargument strong enough to sway him.

Watch the video below……

https://www.newsmond.com/south-african-polygamist-musa-mseleku-slams-polyandry-says-its-an-attack-on-institution-of-marriage-video/

Re: SA Polygamist Slams Polyandry Says It’s An Attack On Institution Of Marriage by illicit(m): 4:55pm On May 20, 2021
Enjoyment man

He no like Lepa ni

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Best Property In Lagos / Celebrity Estate: Buy Oba The Home Of Obi Cubana And Buy Peace Of Mind / I Need New Friends

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.