Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,131 members, 7,943,079 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 03:29 AM

Sturborn Tenant - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Sturborn Tenant (822 Views)

How To Make Your Tenant Pay His Rent Promptly Even When He Has No Money / Who Has The Right To The Backyard Of A Rented Apartment, Landlord/ Tenant? / New PHCN Prepaid Metre Who Bears The Cost, Landlord Or Tenant? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sturborn Tenant by Nobody: 10:21pm On Apr 28, 2011
Nairalanders. Please how can one treat a sturborn tenant that refuses to leave ur house.
My parents are late and he's using that to his advantage. The matter is in court and the magistrates keep adjourning and most times do not come to court.
I need your advice. Should I make life difficult for him? Disconnect his power supply? Disconnect water? I'm confused sick
Re: Sturborn Tenant by obowunmi(m): 3:51am On Apr 29, 2011
Is he paying rent ? If not, pay Soldiers to throw him out or break the walls.
Re: Sturborn Tenant by Nobody: 6:31am On Apr 29, 2011
We stopped collecting rent from him so he could save up with that and find another place. Why are people so wicked and ununderstanding?
Do soldiers still do dat?
Re: Sturborn Tenant by smithklin: 10:12am On Apr 29, 2011
There is only one question that i will like you to answer, why do you want him to leave the house
Re: Sturborn Tenant by Nobody: 1:02pm On Apr 29, 2011
1. I don't know the nature of his business.
2. Siting tenant of 15 yrs
3. The apartment he occupies require renovation
4. Can't a landlord just say he no longer wants a tenant?
5. Mere seeing him makes me concluded there's still an issue with our legal system evil prevails more than good
Re: Sturborn Tenant by obowunmi(m): 1:24pm On Apr 29, 2011
@ Ade, if you want t do things the legal way, ure going to have to wait -- you may have no other option. I know of someome who had tenants for 3 years and the person never paid rent for the duplex --- he took it to God in prayers and the tenant left but almost destroyed the apt out of anger.
Re: Sturborn Tenant by Nobody: 5:09pm On Apr 29, 2011
Hmmmm.mmm the highest court. Na wa o.
Thanks.
Re: Sturborn Tenant by harakiri(m): 8:36pm On Apr 29, 2011
I just got out of this your situation last week. A similar tenant who was already owing my late mom b4 she died in 2008 till now. Imagine someone living in a flat for almost four years without paying rent. I wasted money on 3 different lawyers who will sweet talk you as if they know the law more than the judge,bill you exorbitantly and once the case starts, ITS THE LAWYERS that personally delay the case by either being absent during court hearing or working with the opposite counsel to frustrate your case all because they want to continue milking you until you get tired and drop the case. I've worn your shoes several times and seen it all. The best you can do is use the corrupt inefficient judicial system to your advantage (DO NOT USE THUGS OR SOLDIERS UNLESS YOU WANT YOUR HOUSE SEALED UP BY GOVT). At a magistrate or customary court,approach the baliff and other officials to state your predicament. There are two fast solutions. Accelerated court hearing and "jungle hearing". The second is best coz the tenant wont be aware of whats going on until the baliff and law enforcement come to his apartment at 4.30am with eviction papers and bundle him and his stuff straight to court. Problem solved! It might sound harsh to some people but i am sure they would think differently after suffering to acquire property and some schmuck thinks he/she can owe rent for years all because nothing works in Nigeria. Nuff said!
Re: Sturborn Tenant by Nobody: 9:40pm On Apr 29, 2011
Can u imagine. And he waited till the grace period was over sebi?
They are usually people of low esteem. They don't mind being disgraced.
Arakirri gimme ur number pls email it to demoler22@yahoo.com
Re: Sturborn Tenant by harakiri(m): 11:00am On Apr 30, 2011
AdeCisco:

Can u imagine. And he waited till the grace period was over sebi?
They are usually people of low esteem. They don't mind being disgraced.
Arakirri gimme your number pls email it to demoler22@yahoo.com

I sent you an e-mail.
Re: Sturborn Tenant by basadenet: 2:00pm On Apr 30, 2011
what u can do it use jazz, trust me, he will run and leave his load.
Re: Sturborn Tenant by obowunmi(m): 6:39pm On Apr 30, 2011
No such thing as jazz. Doesn't wrk and never will
Re: Sturborn Tenant by Nobody: 6:45pm On May 01, 2011
Honestly I wonder why God allow all these things. Abeg whr the bababalawo dey? I really don't care anymore.why must a man use my circustance against me?am naturally loving and friendly but this guy is pushing me to the wall.
I think lagos state shld provide more affordable flats at choice places so it can temper the law in favor of landlords.
Re: Sturborn Tenant by obowunmi(m): 4:26pm On May 03, 2011
you must exercise patience.

(1) (Reply)

Tell Me Something Working Or Good About 9ja - Are We Caused / Adios Y'all / Motivational Tips: 7 Most Important Persons You Need In Your Life.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.