Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,477 members, 7,951,033 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 09:04 AM

How Do I Make My Broke Friends To Stay Away From Me - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Make My Broke Friends To Stay Away From Me (2294 Views)

She Is Single And Living On Rented Apartment, Away From Family ! Is It Good? / Don't Marry Me If You Won't Allow My Relations To Stay Or Visit Me. / I Will Make My Children To Marry At 16 If They Start Misbehaving - Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Make My Broke Friends To Stay Away From Me by ImaIma1(f): 1:14pm On May 22, 2021
wunmi590:

The only possible way you can help them is to help them find something doing...

Tines are heard, alot of people are struggling to feed these days, is not thier fault, if they have means, they won't be in your place to eat...

Me as a person, I don't even know how to visit people talk more of going there to eat....

But believe me, if you have means of helping them where they can also be getting small monthly stipends, it won't be bad....

Please never use the present condition to condemn them, you can just find a way to tell them you are broke presently and you are managing your foodstuff too...

He's not obligated to get them something to do. They also need to get responsible and look for something for themselves. If they are getting spoon-fed and someone is the one going to look for work for them, they won't value it as much as if they go and help themselves.

If the op has contacts to help them, he can link them. But they are not his responsibility to find them something doing.

Besides, as someone pointed out, they might even have more money than the op but just like to be leeaches.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Make My Broke Friends To Stay Away From Me by Nobody: 1:16pm On May 22, 2021
ImaIma1:

Even giving should be done with wisdom. These are not people that genuinely need help to put their lives on track but just like to live off someone and doing it very well.

If the food stuffs finish, won't he eat. He would need to restock and eat. Money that should be saved for projects and future plans is being exhausted on free loaders.

Some giving doesn't bring rewards. It's like pouring water into a basket.

Phew!

Well if the bolded be the case, let him use wisdom then by e
putting a lock on his pantry to prevent easy access to his food stuff.

There's no giving that is not rewarded. The principle of giving says give and it shall be given unto you. So it's an automatic thing. It doesn't matter what you give for, as long as you give, you must be rewarded.
Re: How Do I Make My Broke Friends To Stay Away From Me by wunmi590(m): 1:20pm On May 22, 2021
ImaIma1:

He's not obligated to get them something to do. They also need to get responsible and look for something for themselves. If they are getting spoon-fed and someone is the one going to look for work for them, they won't value it as much as if they go and help themselves.

If the op has contacts to help them, he can link them. But they are not his responsibility to find them something doing.

Besides, as someone pointed out, they might even have more money than the op but just like to be leeaches.

You are actually right in point...

Just saying that, incase the OP sees an opportunity for them that can benefit them, just to put them off his neck, it won't be bad at all....
Re: How Do I Make My Broke Friends To Stay Away From Me by ImaIma1(f): 1:31pm On May 22, 2021
wunmi590:

You are actually right in point...

Just saying that, incase the OP sees an opportunity for them that can benefit them, just to put them off his neck, it won't be bad at all....

He should reduce their access to his house. Make food and all the things that attracts them unavailable for a while. Tell them to buy what they need. Before long, they will move to the next mugu.
Re: How Do I Make My Broke Friends To Stay Away From Me by wunmi590(m): 1:36pm On May 22, 2021
ImaIma1:

He should reduce their access to his house. Make food and all the things that attracts them unavailable for a while. Tell them to buy what they need. Before long, they will move to the next mugu.

cool
Re: How Do I Make My Broke Friends To Stay Away From Me by Fiscus105(m): 1:40pm On May 22, 2021
AyarmBoye:
Omo during that lock down I experienced such too ..... I have a ps4 and they came in the morning and left at night ,, some even slept overnight..Although When I realized they r sending me back to village gradually I stopped stocking both drinks, food and even fuel ...When Dey came , and nothing Dey, we contribute money to buy foods, drinks and petrol...I do the cooking ( which is better) ...... How much was I earning that would make me feed grown up adults daily!!!!

Wait you think you are richer than dem? Lolz You will be shocked when you see their account balance oloun

learn how not to be accommodating grown up friends into ur house on frequent basis because when you get married.

you and ur friend should develop habit of meeting in a joint instead.
Re: How Do I Make My Broke Friends To Stay Away From Me by MrHighSea: 3:24am On May 23, 2021
You tied yourself up.
Maybe there were times you enjoyed their company. It's pay time bro. Worse if you don't like being alone.

Lose those guys diplomatically. Everybody is impt.
You guys can keep in touch without visiting anybody.

Get a solid girl, not numerous random girls.
Re: How Do I Make My Broke Friends To Stay Away From Me by stacyadams: 4:32am On May 23, 2021
efixxxy:
Hello, I need help on how to cope with my friends, I earn more than anyone in the circle, but my issue is about how my friends take advantage of me.
They usually come to my place almost daily basis, to watch TV cook whatever they want and go, I can't manage food stuffs, I need to be restocking things 4 to 5 times every month because I have to feed 4 to 6 grown up, they've turned my place to free food restaurants and they will never buy anything in the house, I will buy water and food and it will just be finishing quick. And also even when we go out they always expect me to pay for the bills and they will order what I ordered even more. They always complain that no money. I need help on how to take this issue because I am so tired of it, I can't save anymore.
lock your house go vacation

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Are Most Men Wicked In Marriage? (my Experience) / He Thought He Used Her, She Used Him Instead. Can I Tell? / Why Is It That So Many Of Us Carry Huge Emotional Baggage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.