Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,281 members, 7,974,270 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 07:32 PM

The NCC Phone IMEI Proposal Is Social Media Control Scheme In Disguise - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The NCC Phone IMEI Proposal Is Social Media Control Scheme In Disguise (202 Views)

Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July / How Can I Destroy/damage My Stolen Phone (IMEI Number With Me) / When A Phone Imei Number Is Changed, Can It Still Be Tracked? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The NCC Phone IMEI Proposal Is Social Media Control Scheme In Disguise by scapelli(m): 2:18pm On May 21, 2021
There is a clique of people that are out to completely destroy this country irreparably. And they will not stop until they accomplish it, or until well-meaning Nigerians people rise up to stop them.

First they came up with linking the NIN with everyone's phone number. Now, they want everyone to register the IMEI number of their phones. What is next? Require Nigerians to deposit the spare keys of their houses at the nearest nearest police station? Whatever happened to the right of privacy of the citizens as enshrined and guaranteed in the Nigerian constitution?

When you connect the dots between what Pantami has been doing, what the NCC has been doing, what the Attorney General of Nigeria has been doing and saying about the Southern Governors' position on open cattle grazing, it leads every discerning and right-thinking Nigerian to conclude that there is a sinister agenda to all of these maneuvers: they are building brick by brick, cement block by cement block, the structures of a repressive, dictatorial, and totalitarian state that they will be able to control and subjugate forever.

Make no mistake about it, the current linking of the phone numbers with NIN, and the coming proposal to also require people to register the IMEI of their phones is a roundabout way of this government to control social media, control freedom of the Press, and control freedom of expression in the Federal Republic of Nigeria. This is the backdoor way of implementing the social media control proposal that was rejected by the National Assembly.

Nigerians need to wake up and smell the coffee and oppose this madness.The Nigerian Bar Association, Civil Societies, the Press, the Telcos, and every Nigerian needs to oppose this proposal vigorously. Eternal vigilance is the prices we must pay to protect this democracy in Nigeria, as Wendell Phillips, the American Abolitionist, said.
Re: The NCC Phone IMEI Proposal Is Social Media Control Scheme In Disguise by Pierocash(m): 2:31pm On May 21, 2021
Mtcheeew! Mumu Pantami.

Who told them that I can't submit my IMEI in the morning,and tweak it by evening.By so doing, What have they achieved?

Mumu people.

(1) (Reply)

Play With Power! Itel Debuts Itel P37 Smartphone In Nigerian Market / Hello Guys, Pls How Much Is A New Huawei Mate 20 Lite, And Is It A Nice Phone / Mtn Simreg Is Back In Ilesa, Osun State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.