Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,522 members, 7,978,721 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 01:08 PM

Is God's Love The Only True Love? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is God's Love The Only True Love? (811 Views)

God the father, son (Jesus Christ) & Holy Spirit is the only true God / Jehovahs Witnesses that believe they are the only True Christians.Please come in / Jesus As The Only True And Trustworthy Friend You Can Ever Have In Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is God's Love The Only True Love? by Myer(m): 9:26pm On May 23, 2021
Kobojunkie:
The only one we are meant to trust in this relationship is Jesus Christ and His teachings.... Jeremiah 17 vs 5 declares that cursed is any man who puts his trust in another man. And Jesus Christ was clear that the only one we are to look up to is He and He alone.undecided

Jesus Christ is intended as our one and only mentor in this relationship after all He is the New agreement , pir mediator and friend in this. So, I don't think it is right to trust people. Instead all of our trust should be in God where it concerns God and the things of God. undecided

You may have intentionally or unintentionally ignored my question.
Do you have any one who you see as a fellow follower of Christ like you who has been taught by God just as you have been?
Re: Is God's Love The Only True Love? by Kobojunkie: 10:19pm On May 23, 2021
Myer:
You may have intentionally or unintentionally ignored my question.
Do you have any one who you see as a fellow follower of Christ like you who has been taught by God just as you have been?
Nope! Not yet... but the longer I walk this path, the more I realise it does not matter at all whether such a person ever exists. undecided

I used to yearn for such fellowship in the beginning but not any more because I realize that even the company of sinners may be of greater benefit to me than the company of one who is synced in all ways with me. I don't know if you get what I mean. undecided
Re: Is God's Love The Only True Love? by Myer(m): 10:50pm On May 23, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Nope! Not yet... but the longer I walk this path, the more I realise it does not matter at all whether such a person ever exists. undecided

I used to yearn for such fellowship in the beginning but not any more because I realize that even the company of sinners may be of greater benefit to me than the company of one who is synced in all ways with me. I don't know if you get what I mean. undecided

I don't really get your meaning.
Maybe you can share more.
Re: Is God's Love The Only True Love? by Kobojunkie: 10:56pm On May 23, 2021
Myer:
I don't really get your meaning.
Maybe you can share more.
Our main goal as followers of Jesus Christ is as servants doing the Will of the Master and since even the question we have are to be directed towards the Master for He alone is our Teacher, it begins to make no real sense to seek out other fellow servants in this. Should the Master send me to a one who is a fellow servant, then by all means, I will obey. But to go out of my way to seek suc a one out, I no longer think I would bother would such a mission of my own. undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jesus The Exact Reflection Of The Father. / October 1st:Nigeri Will Experience Independence From Attacks, Oppression-Kumuyi / 17-year-old Girl Electrocuted While Cleaning Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.