Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,198 members, 7,910,261 topics. Date: Saturday, 03 August 2024 at 11:42 PM

Nigerians React As Man Shares Outrageous Letter He Got From His Landlord Online - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Nigerians React As Man Shares Outrageous Letter He Got From His Landlord Online (687 Views)

The Nigerian City With The Most Outrageous Accommodation Fees / Aba Tenant Given List Of Items To Contribute Following Death Of His Landlord / Man Shares Photos Of An Apartment Of N700K He Checked Out In Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians React As Man Shares Outrageous Letter He Got From His Landlord Online by damilola4162(m): 11:21am On May 22, 2021
A Nigerian man was taken by surprise following a letter he received from his landlord days after a social media rant, Newspremises reports.

The man identified as Olumide GlowVille, in a Facebook post said he had made a post targeted at house owners and now received an increment notice.

In the letter he shared, which was communicated by his landlord's lawyers, Olumide was beimng notified that his 2 bedroom flat rent had increased from N450,000 to N550,000.

And the new increment was excluding security and cleaners salaries, the letter had contained.

The house in question is reportedly located in Lagos.

A stunned Olumide said he rather would laugh about the development. He wrote;

"I made a post about Lanlords this week and I got this memo from my Landlord tonight.

"This is too outrageous to get me angry. I'd rather laugh about it.

"Canada ti ya o."

Nigerians expressed outrage over the increment and knocked the house owner for it.

Others argued that they won't pay such an amount for a 2 bedroom flat.

Glowree Ugochukwu reacted: "People are just mad in this country, How is inflation affecting rent? Even with the said inflation, he still have mind to increase rent asif they increased ur salary at work and the inflation isn't also affecting u. Nigerian landlords always looking for ways and opportunities to extort money. He didn't add 10/20k. A whole 100k? Mtcheew."

Olajiga Olusegun John said: "550k annual rent "1 of the reasons why late marriages will always be on the increase."

Tee Roselle remarked: "Maybe the man heard you guys when you were discussing about getting a car,your madam even mentioned Range Rover sport. Baba sharply did his calculation."

Source: https://newspremises.com.ng/nigerian-man-shares-the-outrageous-letter-he-got-from-his-landlord-after-a-post-he-made-online-causes-stir-photo/

(1) (Reply)

A Plot Of Land Facing The Main Road Behind Coker(uniosun Area) / Newly Built 3 Bedrooms Bungalow With Excellent Facilities. At Jericho Extension. / Who Lives In This Apartment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.