Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,825 members, 7,872,773 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 09:33 PM

Ban On Open Grazing, What Is Your Opinion - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ban On Open Grazing, What Is Your Opinion (519 Views)

Akeredolu: Malami Arrogant, Anarchist, Ban On Open Grazing Will Be Enforced / Miyetti Allah: North Can’t Ignore South’s Decision On Open Grazing / Festus Keyamo On Open Bus Ride With PMB In Ibadan As Ambode Speaks On PMB In Oyo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ban On Open Grazing, What Is Your Opinion by richmond500: 11:38am On May 22, 2021
Please no insult, u can air ur opinion, everyone has his/her own opinion, do not insult if u don't agree with anyone, just say why u don't agree with them

Modified
thanks for ur inputs guys, for a moment I just felt the govt isn't fair to the herders, but lemme just reserve my own comments for now
Re: Ban On Open Grazing, What Is Your Opinion by colorsofrainbow: 11:39am On May 22, 2021
richmond500:
Please no insult, u can air ur opinion, everyone has his/her own opinion, do not insult if u don't agree with anyone, just say why u don't agree with them

Personally, I don't think the govt did a good thing to ban open grazing, this isn't any different from Xenophobia,
We condemned it when SA did it to us, we also condemned it when Ghana did it to us, why are we now doing it to ourselves.

Most of the Fulani herdsmen are doing legitimate business rearing cattle, yes some bad elements have hijacked the business to carry out their attacks but that doesn't mean we should ban the business, there are people that always hijacked protests, but should we also ban protests? People have hijacked affiliate marketing, should we also ban it, did western countries ban Nigerian and Indian businesses even though these two countries are always into fraud?

Its definitely the govt fault not to provide a situable environment for good business to thrive, we shouldn't support them if they try to ban the few business people are doing, banning business wont stop insecurity, this is just trying to force the ones doing the legitimate business to reason fraud, this is Nigeria, everyone should be allowed to do legitimate business
Terrorist grin

2 Likes

Re: Ban On Open Grazing, What Is Your Opinion by richmond500: 11:41am On May 22, 2021
colorsofrainbow:

Terrorist grin
grin just when I said no insult, this one carry him mumu enter pitch.
Re: Ban On Open Grazing, What Is Your Opinion by mrvitalis(m): 11:45am On May 22, 2021
richmond500:

Personally, I don't think the govt did a good thing to ban open grazing, this isn't any different from Xenophobia,
We condemned it when SA did it to us, we also condemned it when Ghana did it to us, why are we now doing it to ourselves.

Most of the Fulani herdsmen are doing legitimate business rearing cattle, yes some bad elements have hijacked the business to carry out their attacks but that doesn't mean we should ban the business, there are people that always hijacked protests, but should we also ban protests? People have hijacked affiliate marketing, should we also ban it, did western countries ban Nigerian and Indian businesses even though these two countries are always into fraud?

Its definitely the govt fault not to provide a situable environment for good business to thrive, we shouldn't support them if they try to ban the few business people are doing, banning business wont stop insecurity, this is just trying to force the ones doing the legitimate business to reason fraud, this is Nigeria, everyone should be allowed to do legitimate business
They can ban beer n pork but we can't ban open grazing ?

North is 3 times bigger than south ...why not graze in the north
Re: Ban On Open Grazing, What Is Your Opinion by Hashabiah: 11:46am On May 22, 2021
Open grazing is no longer practiced in most parts of the world because it comes in conflict with the interest of farmers and their means of livelihood. And in my own opinion, the governors of the South did well in outlawing open grazing because criminals have now used that as a means to causes untold mayhem in the country.
Re: Ban On Open Grazing, What Is Your Opinion by richmond500: 11:47am On May 22, 2021
mrvitalis:

They can ban beer n pork but we can't ban open grazing ?

North is 3 times bigger than south ...why not graze in the north
they ban beer and pork? Oh I never knew o, I just felt they don't eat it, I never knew it was banned
Re: Ban On Open Grazing, What Is Your Opinion by richmond500: 11:49am On May 22, 2021
Hashabiah:
Open grazing is no longer practiced in most parts of the world because it comes in conflict with the interest of farmers and their means of livelihood. And in my own opinion, the governors of the South did well in outlawing open grazing because criminals have now used that as a means to causes untold mayhem in the country.
there are farms and land that ban grazing, but for a whole region to ban grazing, omo ehn, I just felt they are not fair to the ones doing legitimate business
Re: Ban On Open Grazing, What Is Your Opinion by mrvitalis(m): 11:53am On May 22, 2021
richmond500:
they ban beer and pork? Oh I never knew o, I just felt they don't eat it, I never knew it was banned
Some of us bury love ones in the farms ... imagine cows peeing and pooing on your grand father's grave ?
Re: Ban On Open Grazing, What Is Your Opinion by Hashabiah: 11:53am On May 22, 2021
richmond500:
there are farms and land that ban grazing, but for a whole region to ban grazing, omo ehn, I just felt they are not fair to the ones doing legitimate business
You fail to understand that cattle rearing is a private business that requires accountability on the part of the owner(s). Right now, open grazing is not ideal in Nigeria because of the serious security threat it poses to the country's stability. Or are you willing to risk the stability of the country for the sake of allowing herders and farmers continue their clashes?
Re: Ban On Open Grazing, What Is Your Opinion by mike8804: 11:56am On May 22, 2021
richmond500:

north holds 70% of the total landmass of Nigeria it's it's illogical for them to be coming to south to destroy farm lands in the name of land grazing.
Cattle rearing is a private business and it should be treated as such.
Open grazing cause desertification and conflict s. Open grazing had 2% advantage and 98% disadvantage
Re: Ban On Open Grazing, What Is Your Opinion by richmond500: 12:06pm On May 22, 2021
mrvitalis:

Some of us bury love ones in the farms ... imagine cows peeing and pooing on your grand father's grave ?
hahahahaha, wtf did I read?
Re: Ban On Open Grazing, What Is Your Opinion by richmond500: 12:08pm On May 22, 2021
3pleDAssistant:
If it is allowed, can it be put under control?? Can the negative effects of it that has happened over the years before be curtailed?

let the herders buy their own land, grow grass on it and have their animals graze there without disturbing others.

And also, let everyone check my signature please. patronize us for your data.
lol, I do get it now, somehow I just felt we are not being kind to the herders, though I'm having a double mindset, thanks for ur input
Re: Ban On Open Grazing, What Is Your Opinion by sonofthunder: 12:11pm On May 22, 2021
richmond500:

At this stage in time, the ban needs to be upheld and enforced. Unless government plans to provide free land for all farmers nationwide (livestock and crop) to balance the equation.

Given what obtains for others, these herdsmen should purchase or lease desired land and carry out their activities there.

Additionally, there's no evidence that these folks pay taxes or dues hence, all forms of protection and preferences that they enjoy is really over the top and biased.
Re: Ban On Open Grazing, What Is Your Opinion by DiagnoPolitics: 1:46pm On Jun 04, 2021
richmond500:
[s]there are farms and land that ban grazing, but for a whole region to ban grazing, omo ehn, I just felt they are not fair to the ones doing legitimate business[/s]

Confirmed abooki cretin. He just can't help it no matter how he tries to disguise it. grin grin
Re: Ban On Open Grazing, What Is Your Opinion by DiagnoPolitics: 1:48pm On Jun 04, 2021
richmond500:
[s]there are farms and land that ban grazing, but for a whole region to ban grazing, omo ehn, I just felt they are not fair to the ones doing legitimate business[/s]

Confirmed abooki cretin. He just can't help it no matter how he tries to disguise it. grin ;D7

The muslim mugu dey answer "richmond", I bet your real name is rabiurudeen. cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Upon Twitter Suspension, USSD Transaction Now N6.98 / Why Are There No Edifices Named After Buhari? / Yinka Alaseyori In Shock As Singer Lanre Teriba Slams Tope Alabi On Her Behalf

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.