Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,876 members, 7,952,569 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 06:23 PM

My Brand Of Music Is 'afrorave', Says Rema - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / My Brand Of Music Is 'afrorave', Says Rema (393 Views)

So Wizkid Is Begging Rema For Collab. Wizkid No Get Respect Again " Says Rema / Broda Shaggi: Associating With Davido Has Improved My Brand / Cardi B Congratulates Davido On His MOBO Award, Says "Your Music Is Amazing" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Brand Of Music Is 'afrorave', Says Rema by KatB: 9:51pm On May 22, 2021
Singer, songwriter and rapper Divine Ikubor aka Rema has officially given a peculiar name to his genre of music.

The Jonzing World (Marvin Records Label) signee recently made this announcement on social media in a chat on Capital Xtra.

Social media users have at different points mockingly referred to his kind of music as Indian music.

In the course of discussing with the host, the “Bounce” crooner revealed that people say his music is like that of the Indian’s and even Arabian’s in a bid to get to him however, it doesn’t.

He went further to state that he has decided to use their “bad comment” to his own advantage.

Thus, his decision to globalize and take Afrobeat to the next level by naming his music “Afrorave” adding that his album “Bounce” seals his claim.

Rema added that Afrorave is a sub-genre of Afrobeat.

The super-talented songster also noted that he hopes the next generation can take Afrorave to the next level just like he has done.

https://thenationonlineng.net/my-brand-of-music-is-afrorave-says-rema/

Re: My Brand Of Music Is 'afrorave', Says Rema by XXXXTENTACION: 9:58pm On May 22, 2021
Damn nigarrr

isoright
Re: My Brand Of Music Is 'afrorave', Says Rema by DMechyy: 6:23am On May 23, 2021
Which one is Afro rave again grin

(1) (Reply)

What Icons Did To Laycon In Liberia / Tonto Dikeh Receives 2 Million Naira Cash Gift / Editing With An Infinix Hot 8 Gallery Editor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.