Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,656 members, 7,889,146 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 12:24 AM

Is It Proper For The Coas To Fly In An Airforce Plane? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is It Proper For The Coas To Fly In An Airforce Plane? (3122 Views)

Plateau Killings: Hand Over Your Weapons Or Get Killed, COAS To Mangu Residents / Buhari Mourns Victims Of Nigerian Airforce Plane Crash In Kaduna / A Wounded Soldier Salutes The COAS On His Sick Bed -photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Proper For The Coas To Fly In An Airforce Plane? by FarahAideed: 7:09am On May 23, 2021
Some of the Beechcraft 350 Nigeria procured were specifically designated for VIP transport which include ferrying of top Military officers ...His use of the aircraft was in order

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper For The Coas To Fly In An Airforce Plane? by aminusodiq(m): 8:21am On May 23, 2021
Kandeed:

if you're suggesting this, do well to also support them with whatever financial assistance they needed
lmao
Re: Is It Proper For The Coas To Fly In An Airforce Plane? by AmbitiousDrama7: 8:31am On May 23, 2021
Poloyanabo2:

A lot of difference, Airforce is in charge of the air, Army controls land, Navy controls the waters.
They have their different functions,
There's no way the Navy would abandon the waters and start taking over land and vice versa, that's why the Navy and Airforce doesn't possess battle tanks and other equipments for land warfare.

So you know the Airforce is in charge of the air? So when the Army chief is flying in the air who will be in charge?
Re: Is It Proper For The Coas To Fly In An Airforce Plane? by michlins(m): 8:31am On May 23, 2021
Poloyanabo2:

The defence allocations running into billions if naira can do this and more for them.
Why would the Airforce be responsible for the transport of Army officers when it's not a war situation?
how much is the entire military budget,then convert it to dollars

We have this false sense that we're rich in this country. Nigeria is too poor for some luxury. Bicameral legislature is what we can't afford too
Re: Is It Proper For The Coas To Fly In An Airforce Plane? by Cutehector(m): 8:32am On May 23, 2021
I see alot of people displaying their ignorance on this thread, this i have seen..
Re: Is It Proper For The Coas To Fly In An Airforce Plane? by Poloyanabo2(m): 8:34am On May 23, 2021
tito44:

Even the Army has an airwing unit. Their head office for that unit is opposite UniAbuja perm site - close to the airport. So I don't know why it should even be flying in the planes of Airforce
Thanks alot, you got my point.
That's why I said it might be due to longer throat, since the Airforce planes are better furnished and luxurious than the Army planes.
If not I wonder why the Army chief won't be contented with the army planes.
Re: Is It Proper For The Coas To Fly In An Airforce Plane? by FarahAideed: 8:34am On May 23, 2021
owobokiri:
3/4 of the planes in the presidential fleet should be handed over to the armed forces. They're the ones doing the job. The country has close to ten airplanes for the president alone! Where is he flying to? The man just likes flying around.. Release the planes to the commanding officers of the different security agencies fighting wars and sit your behind in a place. Some of the presidential planes are packed most times while his service Chiefs fly in these outdated planes.

The presidential fleet belongs to the Nigerian Airforce
Re: Is It Proper For The Coas To Fly In An Airforce Plane? by Poloyanabo2(m): 8:35am On May 23, 2021
obyrich:
He sent out the army helicopters to Arondizuogu to harass Igbos.
Good point, so he had to use an Airforce plane that he wasn't sure about who configured or maintained it?
Re: Is It Proper For The Coas To Fly In An Airforce Plane? by Poloyanabo2(m): 8:38am On May 23, 2021
MALIGNANTGuest:

And this will prevent the FLEETS from crashing too when the unfortunate situation comes knocking?
This crash seems like an assassination,
He entered the aircraft of strangers, maintained and configured by people who weren't his boys,
If it was an army aircraft at least there would have been better trust.
Re: Is It Proper For The Coas To Fly In An Airforce Plane? by Poloyanabo2(m): 8:40am On May 23, 2021
Joysticks:
Is he the only person that died in the crash?There were about 10 personnel on board that plane but the coas seems to be the only person that is getting all the sympathy.So others are not important?
He's the highest ranked, so only his death created the biggest headline even going international in news sites like BBC and Bloomberg
Re: Is It Proper For The Coas To Fly In An Airforce Plane? by Poloyanabo2(m): 8:42am On May 23, 2021
24SEVEN:

So you don't know we are in a war situation??
Who said so? Was he going on a war mission or peacetime mission?
Re: Is It Proper For The Coas To Fly In An Airforce Plane? by Poloyanabo2(m): 8:44am On May 23, 2021
Sammy07:

Lols, anyways setting the record straight.
The Chief of Army Staff
Chief of Defense staff
The Navy
The Airforce

They can use any of each other Planes, ships and Tanks. Whenever they feel like.
The Head of Army, and Airforce can make use of Navy ship if they're going to somewhere via water.

The Head of Army and Navy can make use of Airforce planes.

The head of Navy and Airforce can make use of Army Cars and tanks.

They're all under one body.
Chief of Army staff using Airforce aircraft isn't wrong!
Is this what is obtainable in other advanced countries?
In advanced countries there's a level of independence among different arms of the military,
I don't think they share equipments unless during war situations.
Re: Is It Proper For The Coas To Fly In An Airforce Plane? by owobokiri(m): 8:47am On May 23, 2021
FarahAideed:

The presidential fleet belongs to the Nigerian Airforce
Do the members of the airforce use the "presidential fleet"?
What I meant is that the planes in that fleet should be taken away from Buhari and distributed to the security agencies including The Police, The Army, The Airforce and the Navy, depending on how operationally important they're to those agencies..

The British Prime Minister has no "fleet" of comfortable aircrafts, yet he/she is obviously more administratively productive than the litany of circus clowns that have occupied Aso Rock over the last three decades... Poor countries like Nigeria should not indulge in these sorts of dramatisation of profilgacy....
Re: Is It Proper For The Coas To Fly In An Airforce Plane? by Poloyanabo2(m): 8:50am On May 23, 2021
XXXXTENTACION:
From my little knowledge
Navy = Ships and Submarines
Airforce = Aircrafts i.e fighter Jets, Drones,
Army = Helicopters, Tanks, Drones, fighter Jets, Heavy artilleries.
but then you are correct the army should also have aircrafts too but i don't know for naija undecided
Thank you, the US navy has the second largest number of fleets of aircrafts in the world,
US Army has their own fleet,
US marines have their own fleets,
Including the coast guard for patrols.
So there won't be any need for any arm to use the planes of the Airforce,
Only the president is entitled to that.

I thought Nigeria always loved copying the west, why couldn't we copy this and at least buy one or two transport planes for the Army and Navy too?
Why should the army wait for Air support before fighting in the north east?
Ministry of defence should look into this, it's archaic.
Re: Is It Proper For The Coas To Fly In An Airforce Plane? by FarahAideed: 8:50am On May 23, 2021
owobokiri:

Do the members of the airforce use the "presidential fleet"?
What I meant is that the planes in that fleet should be taken away from Buhari and distributed to the security agencies including The Police, The Army, The Airforce and the Navy, depending on how operationally important they're to those agencies..

The British Prime Minister has no "fleet" of comfortable aircrafts, yet he/she is obviously more administratively productive than the litany of circus clowns that have occupied Aso Rock over the last three decades... Poor countries like Nigeria should not indulge in these sorts of dramatisation of profilgacy....

Of what use would a Dassualt Falcon and BBJ 737 be to any Airforce operation..all those aircraft were purpose built for VIP transport and that's the only thing they can be used for ..
Re: Is It Proper For The Coas To Fly In An Airforce Plane? by Poloyanabo2(m): 8:53am On May 23, 2021
chinjo:
The aircraft belongs to Nigerian Armed forces and not Nigerian air force.
No Bro its an exclusive preserve of the Nigerian Airforce, Army has their battle tanks and helicopters, Navy has their ships,
No other arm can use the equipment of the other arm without proper permissions.
Re: Is It Proper For The Coas To Fly In An Airforce Plane? by owobokiri(m): 8:56am On May 23, 2021
FarahAideed:

Of what use would a Dassualt Falcon and BBJ 737 be to any Airforce operation..all those aircraft were purpose built for VIP transport and that's the only thing they can be used for ..

The gentleman that just died in a plane crash is a "VIP" from the security agencies..., on a serious official assignment too.
The military heads travel a lot. .. An octogenarian president shouldn't..
Re: Is It Proper For The Coas To Fly In An Airforce Plane? by Poloyanabo2(m): 8:56am On May 23, 2021
Cutehector:
I see alot of people displaying their ignorance on this thread, this i have seen..
Share your knowledge please
Re: Is It Proper For The Coas To Fly In An Airforce Plane? by FarahAideed: 8:59am On May 23, 2021
owobokiri:

The gentleman that just died in a plane crash is a "VIP" from the security agencies..., on a serious official assignment too.
The military heads travel a lot. .. An octogenarian president shouldn't..

I know he uses the PAF aircrafts too when the need arises ..let's. It forget this Ill fated trip was just a 30mins trip from Abuja to KD and that Beechcraft king was the most suitable for such a haul

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper For The Coas To Fly In An Airforce Plane? by giddykay: 10:56am On May 23, 2021
tito44:

The Army has an AirWing unit. They have alot of planes and helicopters of their own
being flown by the airforce pilots. Do we have pilots in the Nigerian army?
Re: Is It Proper For The Coas To Fly In An Airforce Plane? by Seniorwriter(m): 11:01am On May 23, 2021
Simply put YES...Because he is the Chief of Army Staff!

@SeniorWriter
Re: Is It Proper For The Coas To Fly In An Airforce Plane? by tito44: 11:14am On May 23, 2021
giddykay:
being flown by the airforce pilots. Do we have pilots in the Nigerian army?

Yes they do. Army that even have priests, doctors, etc... They have lots of pilots
Re: Is It Proper For The Coas To Fly In An Airforce Plane? by Curious345: 11:28am On May 23, 2021
obyrich:
He sent out the army helicopters to Arondizuogu to harass Igbos.
lol
Re: Is It Proper For The Coas To Fly In An Airforce Plane? by NewDelhi(m): 12:16pm On May 23, 2021
Poloyanabo2:
Nlanders, I personally think that it's out of place for an army officer to use any of the aircrafts of the Airforce unless of course in a war situation,
The Nigerian Army should have a transport plane or helicopter for their chief.
I see this action of the army chief using an Airforce plane as longer-throat on the part of the army chief, a competent army ought to have its own fleet of planes same as the Navy should,
And I'm sure there were Army helicopters he could have used.
Rip to him!
There's nothing wrong in that, it happens alot, everywhere

(1) (2) (Reply)

GULAK: WE CAN’T GUARANTEE SECURITY OF LIFE…OF ANY IGBO...IN THE NORTH ~ NCM / Orji Kalu: Nothing Wrong With Muslim-Muslim For Tinubu / Kwankwaso Shut Down Kassim Shettima State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.