Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,110 members, 7,928,387 topics. Date: Thursday, 22 August 2024 at 01:15 PM

I Dream Of Cross-walking To Preach The Gospel Of Christ Before I Die - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Dream Of Cross-walking To Preach The Gospel Of Christ Before I Die (377 Views)

Armed Man Seen Walking To Church (Photos, Video) / Kenyan Pastor Invites 'jesus' To Preach In Her Church,visits Her Family(photos) / "I'm A Church Girl, If You DM, I Will Preach The Gospel To You" - Rccg Girl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Dream Of Cross-walking To Preach The Gospel Of Christ Before I Die by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:55am On May 23, 2021
I Dream Of Cross-walking To Preach The Gospel Of Christ Before I Die

My dreams while growing up were as those of any regular person, like I dreamt of doing my wedding in cruise ship. Also dreamt of being more famous than Michael Jackson, lol! I don't think my dreams after I became saved changed too much as they were yet self-centered.

But that all changed after I began to walk at the level of the Spirit where it was all about God, as things that used to move me in the past, that inspired such self-centered dreams of mine, no longer moved me. My dreams were now inclined towards God.

I began to dream of how to please God and to live the kind of live that He would be proud of. I dreamt of living the kind of God-centred lives the prophets and apostles lived in those days where it was all about God. I dreamt of being persecuted and dying for the sake of the gospel of Christ as many apostles had done.

I had some other such dreams, one of which, was to carry a wooden cross around to preach the Gospel of Christ. I was inspired by some of the preachers i had the highest regard for, even though they may not have the most familiar faces one sees on the TV, as Arthur Blessitt in the photo below.

At the time, to be honest, I wasn't really moved or attracted to organising open air meetings or having a church building where I could preach the gospel to people, despite that some were already asking me to do so, because it's easy for those who use such elevated platforms to preach to people to be false and not of God. But it was almost impossible for anyone who preaches while carrying a cross to yet be false and not of God, because of the amount of humility required to do such.

So that was the kind of orientation I had at the time when i dreamt of doing such. Hence i started working towards it. I made the arrangement with a carpenter, and paid for two 4×8 planks, which he said would be required for the job. He had already gotten one of them, so it seemed things were already taking shape, left for him to start putting it together.

But somehow that was where the whole arrangement stopped, as the man I had contracted for the job, for some reason didn't proceed with it, and not long after that, he left the place he was working without prior notice.

I wondered why and what course of action to take next, however something happened during that period that seemed to divert my attention from all that, as it was that period the revelations of God really began to florish, as it led me to write my first book.

That was the same period God revealed to me that the Word that I was going to preach would bring much persecution with it, but because I was built upon the rock, that I shall not be moved.

So it seemed that carrying a cross to preach as i had dreamed to achieve wasn't exactly in the direction or plan God had for me at the time, hence He may have used that to divert me from that course.

That could explain why I wasn't able to achieve my dream of preaching the Gospel of Christ while cross-walking at the time. Although that was at the beginning of my journey at the level of the Spirit walk with God, and a lot had taken place between then, close to 20 years ago, and now, I still haven't forgotten my dream.

I pray that regardless of how prominent and influential i become, and how high, far and wide God decides to take and use me, that before I breath my last, I would accomplish my dream of carrying a wooden cross to preach the Gospel of Christ as in the instance below. In Jesus Name. Amen!

God bless.

1 Like

Re: I Dream Of Cross-walking To Preach The Gospel Of Christ Before I Die by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:05am On May 23, 2021
More photos.

1 Like

Re: I Dream Of Cross-walking To Preach The Gospel Of Christ Before I Die by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:49am On May 30, 2021
More photos

(1) (Reply)

How To Gain Knowledge And Grow Spiritually / Just In: Prophet Tb Joshua Finally Laid To Rest Amidst In A Royal Temple / Apostle Suleman Is Enmeshed In Another Mind-blowing S*xual Scandal Allegation (V

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.