Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,848 members, 7,969,551 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 09:56 AM

Plane Crash: Buratai Speaks On Attahiru, Other Military Chief’s Death - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Plane Crash: Buratai Speaks On Attahiru, Other Military Chief’s Death (426 Views)

Peter Obi Zeroes In On Attahiru Jega, Kwankwaso As Likely VP Candidates / Buratai Mourns General Ibrahim Attahiru, Other Senior Military Officers / Atiku Reveals Cause Of Ex-defence Chief’s Death, Advise Buhari On What To Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Plane Crash: Buratai Speaks On Attahiru, Other Military Chief’s Death by Wannabenz: 9:15am On May 23, 2021
Plane Crash: Buratai speaks on Attahiru, other military chief’s death

He was at the verge of making the nation proud in the counterinsurgency and counterterrorism efforts when this tragedy occurred.”

NEWS AGENCY OF NIGERIA • MAY 23, 2021

Former Chief of Army Staff, Lt. Gen Tukur Yusuf Buratai [PHOTO CREDIT: BBC]
Immediate past Chief of Army Staff and Ambassador Designate, Tukur Buratai, says the death of General Ibrahim Attahiru and other senior military officers came at a time successes were being made on counterinsurgency operations, urging the military to close ranks to preserve their legacy.

Mr Buratai in his tribute to the late Lieutenant-General Ibrahim Attahiru described the incident as tragic to all Nigerians and peace-loving people, adding that Mr Attahiru and the officers that died with him were top-level officers whose records of service were meritorious.

He said the unfortunate incident deeply saddens him as it robbed us of the services of the Chief of Army Staff who had left no one in doubt as regards his determination to succeed in the various military operations across the country.

“He was at the verge of making the nation proud in the counterinsurgency and counterterrorism efforts when this tragedy occurred. I do not doubt his ability as he had served under me in various capacities and was well grounded for the job with active support and collaboration of his colleagues.

“I was deeply shocked and saddened by the news of the passing away of my immediate successor, Lt.-Gen. Ibrahim Attahiru, the Acting Chief of Military Intelligence, Acting Provost Marshal (Army), his Chief of Staff, the Aide-de-Camp and the Acting Deputy Director Finance in the office of the COAS, his Orderly, as well as the pilots and crew in an air crash on May 21 at Kaduna Airport,” he said.

Mr Buratai however, urged the armed forces to close ranks and make sure that the legacy of the officers lives on by consolidating on the gains made in the various operations.

According to him, they gave their lives in the line of duty and patriotic service to the nation.

“My thoughts and prayers are with the families of these great heroes. May the Almighty Allah grant them eternal rest,” he said. 

https://gazettengr.com/plane-crash-buratai-speaks-on-attahiru-other-military-chiefs-death/?utm_source=ReviveOldPost&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=ReviveOldPost

Re: Plane Crash: Buratai Speaks On Attahiru, Other Military Chief’s Death by tito44: 9:15am On May 23, 2021
Useless snake charmer. This man should be in a maximum security prison for looting all funds meant for arms procurement and soldiers welfare.
Re: Plane Crash: Buratai Speaks On Attahiru, Other Military Chief’s Death by Wannabenz: 9:15am On May 23, 2021
Burutai knows.
Re: Plane Crash: Buratai Speaks On Attahiru, Other Military Chief’s Death by Eriokanmi: 9:18am On May 23, 2021
I reserve my comments on this dingbat
Re: Plane Crash: Buratai Speaks On Attahiru, Other Military Chief’s Death by chatinent: 9:22am On May 23, 2021
Yawns
Re: Plane Crash: Buratai Speaks On Attahiru, Other Military Chief’s Death by TarOrfeeek: 9:24am On May 23, 2021
TYs are very dangerous people

TY Danjuma
TY Buratai
TY dollar sign
TY Bello
TY Mix

Omo the list is endless.
Re: Plane Crash: Buratai Speaks On Attahiru, Other Military Chief’s Death by Shedrack777: 9:42am On May 23, 2021
shameless fools
Re: Plane Crash: Buratai Speaks On Attahiru, Other Military Chief’s Death by daddytime(m): 9:54am On May 23, 2021
Your day of reckoning is at hand...

(1) (Reply)

Recovered Loots, Assets: Reps’ C’mte Invites Malami, Ahmed, EFCC, ICPC, Others / PHOTOS: Buhari’s Female Ministers Pay Condolence Visit To Attahiru’s Widow / Kemi Olunloyo: Fulani Bandits My have Killed Ahmed Gulak

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.