Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,698 members, 7,882,367 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 11:32 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 - Travel (163) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 (733037 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) ... (676) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lianna2020: 12:17pm On Jun 17, 2021
Congratulations
Esmeob:
God has done it ooo!!!!

It has finally ended iin praise!!!!

PPR Alert!!!!

March 17 applicant.
This God is tooooo much.

Will be back later today to share timeline.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lianna2020: 12:19pm On Jun 17, 2021
Hasn’t started

Thaiy:
Hello Guru and Elders,

Does the attached means my eligibility has begun? I know background check should be on.
Have an upfront medical for next week.

It will end in praise for all of us in Jesus Name

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lianna2020: 12:20pm On Jun 17, 2021
Congratulations
Intrepid01:
It's PPR guys, just this morning....I'll update later....

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lianna2020: 12:21pm On Jun 17, 2021
Please send a mail

Leyemoshood:
Lianna2020

Whykay001 for UCW telegram community, kindly add me.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by AyaE: 12:36pm On Jun 17, 2021
Congrats to everyone who has gotten their PPR.
Dear Lord, as I have celebrated with others within my heart, let others celebrate me and other hopefuls here.

26 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Leyemoshood: 12:39pm On Jun 17, 2021
Lianna2020:
Please send a mail

Done, check please

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by shagamite: 12:40pm On Jun 17, 2021
shagamite:
i want to know my chance, i studied BUSINESS Education(accounting) with 3.47gp. pls is MARKETING a progressive course for masters and with my gp can i get admission to any canadian uni,if yes pls tell a few schools
Gurus i need clarification abeg
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by timilehinemmanu(m): 12:56pm On Jun 17, 2021
Wow mine hasn't started it three months already when did you apply and did you go through the NSE routhe?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by timilehinemmanu(m): 12:57pm On Jun 17, 2021
Big congratulations boss
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by lawfree638: 1:18pm On Jun 17, 2021
Congratulation to all PPR recipients.

To the rest of us, keep firing.

IRCC hasn't met its target for the year. And I'm so sure they didn't last year too

lol I go download their report to just have an insight into their operation thus far

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by happachris: 1:20pm On Jun 17, 2021
When was the money transferred to you? Do you have a gift of deed from him?

I think a signed affidavit of support with help and as long as the money can cover your school fees and spending for a year of stay it os good. Just show the proof that the money is available.

I think others can help sha. That's how far I can go.

Sandraebire:
applied for study visa to Canada. My sponsor is my in-law (my sisters husband) so a month before my application, he sold his car and the a lump sum was transfered to his account from the sale of the car. Now my question is
1. Is the lump sum a problem. The lump sum entered the account 2 month before my application
2. The total money in his account is 17k dollars aside the 3.7m living expenses he transfered to me. Can he sponsor me with the 17k usd. Though the 17k usd is different from the money he has in his salary account. Though he didn’t tender his salary account statement of account but I tendered his pay slip. Though his annual salary is 66K usd
3. Selling his car to sponsor me, is that a problem? Hope the visa officer won’t say assuming he didn’t sell his car, he wouldn’t have had money to sponsor me
4. I only paid 1k for acceptance fee to the school. Hope that’s not a problem ?
5. He his also a USA citizen.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Shenaniganzzz: 1:21pm On Jun 17, 2021
Stephblues:

When did you do yours? Have you tried using another browser? Clear your cache and try to log in again.

omo I'm just tired tbh!!! I used the modified version to apply for my study permit. After i submitted and did my Biometrics, the rest became history. I haven't been able to log in since then. I've sent a technical issue report to them both on their website and on twitter. I've also cleared my cache like 1 billion times, I've tried using about 5 different browsers yet its still same error message. I did upfront medicals with Qlife on the 3rd of June. I called them yesterday and they said they uploaded my medicals report on the 9th of this month.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Shenaniganzzz: 1:22pm On Jun 17, 2021
Stephblues:

When did you do yours? Have you tried using another browser? Clear your cache and try to log in again.

omo I'm just tired tbh!!! I used the modified version to apply for my study permit. After i submitted and did my Biometrics, the rest became history. I haven't been able to log in since then. I've sent a technical issue report to them both on their website and on twitter. I've also cleared my cache like 1 billion times, I've tried using about 5 different browsers yet its still same error message. I did upfront medicals with Qlife on the 3rd of June. I called them yesterday and they said they uploaded my medicals report on the 9th of this month.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by atiteb4: 1:23pm On Jun 17, 2021
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Shenaniganzzz: 1:26pm On Jun 17, 2021
Shenaniganzzz:
Hello good day everyone. Im new here. I’m perplexed and I don’t know what to do. When I was about starting my application, I researched for the ircc site. I got the site and read up on it. It indicated that I had to complete my registration by May 15th to get a decision by August 6th. I continued scrolling and I saw a link “to start application” ie to start my study permit application. Ircc indicated that that’s the new way of applying, that they had modified their site. I clicked on it and that’s how my application was started. I successfully submitted my application on May 14th.
Now the problem is that I can’t log in to the portal (same link I started with) I have tried severally but I can’t log in. Note that it’s not an issue of forgotten password or email cry
I really don’t know what to do.
This is the link https://portal-portail.apps.cic.gc.ca/signin?lang=en

Please am I the only one in this dilemma? I’m very scared rn

I still can't log in and I can't link my application to the gckey account I created.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Shenaniganzzz: 1:32pm On Jun 17, 2021
Esmeob:
God has done it ooo!!!!

It has finally ended iin praise!!!!

PPR Alert!!!!

March 17 applicant.
This God is tooooo much.

Will be back later today to share timeline.

Congrats grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Shenaniganzzz: 1:36pm On Jun 17, 2021
jfrazzy:
I finally got a ghost update
You passed your medical..
My people what does that mean

what is a ghost update?
did you get this update in your mail or you got it by logging into your account?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by lawfree638: 1:44pm On Jun 17, 2021
Shenaniganzzz:

I still can't log in and I can't link my application to the gckey account I created.

To be honest, I'm not sure of this link.

Have informed IRCC via webform?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Ekulu77: 1:45pm On Jun 17, 2021
Hello
Good afternoon
Please I did my upfront medical yesterday as advised at qlife yesterday. I was given an e-medical sheet.
Please what is the next step . Is the hospital going to send the medical directly or what do I do.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by atiteb4: 1:49pm On Jun 17, 2021
The next available date at IOM Lagos is July 21st.. guys try to book early if not, u no go see space o
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lekiboboe: 1:54pm On Jun 17, 2021
Ekulu77:
Hello
Good afternoon
Please I did my upfront medical yesterday as advised at qlife yesterday. I was given an e-medical sheet.
Please what is the next step . Is the hospital going to send the medical directly or what do I do.
The next step for you is to send the E-medical Sheet via Webform & Mails to CIC NAIROBI IMMIGRATION OFFICE

See the link below to know about

Sending Webform of E-Medical Sheet (Upfront Medicals) & Sending the same E-medical sheet via E-mail to Nairobi office (see template of the message body for the Webfrom & Email)
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/260#93174797

Step-by-step Video there on how to send a Webform to IRCC
https://www.nairaland.com/5233221/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/637#88758353

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Shenaniganzzz: 1:55pm On Jun 17, 2021
lawfree638:

To be honest, I'm not sure of this link.

Have informed IRCC via webform?

Yes I have. I don't think there is nothing i haven't done to inform them of this issue cry
see where I got the link below...

funny I haven't seen anyone else that have used that means to apply for their study permit. I'm trying not to be scared

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Queenmama03(f): 1:55pm On Jun 17, 2021
I'm sincerely happy for all of you getting your PPRs. Many congrats!!!
What i hear outside is different from what I see here. Nothing is impossible with God. Thanks to all the Gurus keeping this thread alive. You are the real MVPs.

It will end in praise for all of us.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by lawfree638: 2:02pm On Jun 17, 2021
Shenaniganzzz:

Yes I have. I don't think there is nothing i haven't done to inform them of this issue cry

funny I haven't seen anyone else that have used that means to apply for their study permit. I'm trying not to be scared

What did you use as an invite code because it's showing as a compulsory feed? To my understanding with what I read, this route is available for some applicants and the link is still in the testing stage?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by maestro09: 2:07pm On Jun 17, 2021
Olanrewajuluke1:
GCMS take longer days too to arrive

You also don’t know how much longer your application will still be processed for. Ordering for GCMS will give you an insight into how your application is being perceived by the VO, giving you the opportunity to quickly address any issues before a decision is finally made.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by lawfree638: 2:09pm On Jun 17, 2021
Shenaniganzzz:

Did you pay application fees and have gotten a biometrics invite?

When did you apply?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by EmeeNaka: 2:24pm On Jun 17, 2021
Shenaniganzzz:

Well, try to send your e-medical sheet to IRCC Nairobi. Then, continue to explore ways to login to your account.

Also, try resetting your login password. Maybe, that will help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by MindfulV: 2:33pm On Jun 17, 2021
Congratulations!!!

Please, I have a couple of questions on your POF.

1. What was the content of the reference letter from Stanbic IBTC Pension Managers Limited?
2. How come you used your RSA as POF rather than home ties since you had your first year funds covered through your savings, entrance award and student loan?

Regards

CrownTdan:
Good evening.
Here's my timeline:

First Time applicant
Program of Study: MBA
DLI: University of Toronto (Rotman School of Management)
Resumption: Fall 2021

I had my upfront medicals early January (6th I believe) while I was still gathering my other documents and funds.

Application submitted: April 8, 2021
Biometrics request: April 9, 2021
Biometrics Done: April 12th
Biometrics updated to completed: April 12th
Upfront Medicals updated to passed: April 12th (Same day)
Review of Eligibility started: April 24th
About 2-3 ghost updates in between
Requested for Notes: May 17th
Last ghost update : June 11th
BVL & PPR: June 16th

Documents Submitted:
A) Client Info Section:
I merged all the below with my LOE
1. BSc. Certificate
2. Employment Letter & Salary Increase Letter (my full time Job)
3. 3 Months Pay Stub
4. Resume
5. Reference Letter from Startup I work with Part time
6. Survey plans of Land & Land Valuation Report
7. Certificate of Incorporation and registration documents of my company (Never been used for any business transaction - I registered it in 2019 for "Just if" )
8. IELTS Result (L:9,R:8,W:7,S:8 )

B) POF Section
I merged all the below with another letter explaining my source of funds.
* - for applicant
1) Offer Letter from School with Entrance Award stated
2) Education Loan approval document
3) Invoice of Tuition Fee Deposit
4) GT Bank Statement of Account and MBS Certificate
5) PiggyVest Statement of Account
6) Reference Letter from Stanbic IBTC Pension Managers Limited
7) Statement of Retirement Savings Account with Stanbic IBTC Pension Managers Limited

* for Sponsor
8 ) Letter of Financial Support for second year
9) MybankStatement Certificate
10) Zenith Bank Statement of Account
11) First Bank Statement of Account
12) Company Certificate of Incorporation & Particulars of Directors Pages
13) Identity Card

Key things to note
- My sponsor is in no way related to me. I've been managing his business (with my company) for an upward of 2 years
- I had everything for the first year covered on my own (via my savings, entrance award and student loan)
- My sponsor only indicated willingness to support my 2nd year cost of attendance.

Thanks to all the gurus in the house. Despite being a very silent member, I really took learnings from everything being shared here, and applied where/when needed.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by buckyfof(m): 2:38pm On Jun 17, 2021
timilehinemmanu:
Wow mine hasn't started it three months already when did you apply and did you go through the NSE routhe?

I applied March 16

Nse came in April 15th for IELTS, but I couldn’t write it so I sent an explanation with an English proficiency letter

Eligibility review started today

I’m just trying to be hopeful, with God all things are possible
When did you apply??

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Shenaniganzzz: 2:56pm On Jun 17, 2021
lawfree638:

What did you use as an invite code because it's showing as a compulsory feed? To my understanding with what I read, this route is available for some applicants and the link is still in the testing stage?

So I was used as a lab rat??!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked I'm finished!
The invite code was sent on the website. See a sample below.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lianna2020: 3:01pm On Jun 17, 2021
I don’t mean to laugh
Lab what ? grin
Shenaniganzzz:

So I was used as a lab rat??!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked I'm finished!
The invite code was sent on the website. See a sample below.

(1) (2) (3) ... (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) ... (676)

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General Australian Visa Enquiries

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.