Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,456 members, 7,881,620 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 03:21 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 - Travel (250) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 (732189 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) ... (676) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by RxOtunba: 1:43pm On Jun 29, 2021
Go to www.gcmsworld.com
Meringe:
Someone should put me through on how to apply for GCM notes.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ac7619710: 1:47pm On Jun 29, 2021
TheDarkGamer:

Yes, thank you. Can I get your number please? Maybe, quote me on a dead thread or send to my pm.
Check your pm
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by IntimidationJay: 1:50pm On Jun 29, 2021
SuomyNona:
LONG POST !!!

All praise to God.

Application Timeline:

Application submission and confirmation - May 09
Biometric request - May 10
Biometric completed and updated- May 11
Background check started - May 11
Medical update - May 19 (Upfront Medical April 19)
Eligibility review started - May 24
1st ghost update - May 31
2nd ghost update - June 07
3rd ghost update - June 18
Correspondence Letter - June 29
Original Passport Request - June 29

Key Details:

Undergraduate degree, research experience and work experience are directly related to the intended MSc thesis program. I also received a financial offer for the study duration from the program (Graduate Fellowship Award and Research Assistantship).

Application documents - IMM forms, Digital Photo, Passport Scan, LOA

Proof of Financial Support:
- Funding letter from my program (stating the support for full tuition, living expenses and other expenses for 2 years)
- Signed funding contract with the program
- Letter of sponsorship from my dad (stating support for travel expenses, required quarantine stay and miscellaneous expenses pending disbursement of the first month stipend)
- MBS of sponsor's savings account
- MBS of sponsor's pension account
- Sponsor's investment assets
- Sponsor's international passport
- Sponsor's work ID
- Sponsor's last promotion letter
- Sponsor's retirement letter
- Sponsor's pension authorization letter
- Sponsor's car ownership document
- Sponsor's landed properties documents

Client Information:
- Letter of Explanation (5 pages with subheadings for pertinent areas)
- Undergraduate degree certificate
- Undergraduate degree transcript
- IELTS certificate
- Birth certificate
- Police character certificate
- NYSC certificate
- NYSC PPA acceptance letter
- Nigeria Society of Engineers membership certificate
- Work employment letter
- Work reference letter
- Work I.D card
- Detailed CV
- Conference papers
- Publication
- International passport of all family members filled in the family information form
- Some daily news screenshot to buttress points made in the LOE on how my intended study will address an urgent national issue.

Special thanks to Frankrobbn1 for his advice and efforts on my application. I really appreciate his constant support and encouragement to ease my concerns (I was still asking him last night about my plan to send a document through webform and he replied me not to complicate things and keep calm). May God reward you abundantly.

Thanks to Chocs for her input on my LOE, she dedicated her time to give me detailed feedback. May God bless her.

Thanks to Lekiboboe and Justmellow. I reached out to both for their opinions on my study plans. May God ease both their affairs.

I am grateful to my friends who turned up at critical moments and helped me navigate the whole process flawlessly. JosephYemsol who drove me to Alagbọn for PCC and also drove me to VFS office for biometric. Also, Atiteb4 who personally accompanied me to IOM clinic and waited till I got the whole upfront medical process sorted. I pray that their applications be successful too.

And finally, I am grateful to everyone on this platform; the insights, opinions, testimonies, questions and answers were really helpful through out the process (both application and waiting period).

May all our desires be granted.
Congrats buddy!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by IntimidationJay: 1:55pm On Jun 29, 2021
EmeeNaka:
You should order for your GCMS notes. That will help you find out what is happening behind the scene. For you to get Medical Request means that they have reached decision stage on your application.
Alternatively, you should send Webforms/emails to Nairobi like twice weekly and encourage them to give decision on your application
bro, please what do you say in your webform/email?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by mamatee2: 1:56pm On Jun 29, 2021
Congratulations to you.

SuomyNona:
LONG POST !!!

All praise to God.

Application Timeline:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by TennieYF: 2:00pm On Jun 29, 2021
Which school? My school was western union global pay and I was able to pay using Form A
TheDarkGamer:
Please how can I pay the school fees of my Canadian University?

I was given a link to Western Union, but my bank told me that Nigerian banks no longer use Western Union. Is that true?

If it is, what other alternative can we use in paying?

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by EmeeNaka: 2:00pm On Jun 29, 2021
IntimidationJay:
bro, please what do you say in your webform/email?
I usually start by thanking them for their efforts in processing our applications amid COVID 19 associated difficulties. Then I remind them about my application, encouraging them to conclude on it with a decision
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ac7619710: 2:01pm On Jun 29, 2021
SuomyNona:
LONG POST !!!

All praise to God.

Application Timeline:

Key Details:

Undergraduate degree, research experience and work experience are directly related to the intended MSc thesis program. I also received a financial offer for the study duration from the program (Graduate Fellowship Award and Research Assistantship).

- Funding letter from my program (stating the support for full tuition, living expenses and other expenses for 2 years)
- Letter of sponsorship from my dad (stating support for travel expenses, required quarantine stay and miscellaneous expenses pending disbursement of the first month stipend)
- Sponsor's work ID

Client Information:
- IELTS certificate
- Birth certificate
- NYSC certificate
- Work employment letter
- Work reference letter
- Work I.D card
- Detailed CV
- Conference papers
- Publication
- International passport of all family members filled in the family information form
- Some daily news screenshot to buttress points made in the LOE on how my intended study will address an urgent national issue.

Special thanks to Frankrobbn1 for his advice and efforts on my application. I really appreciate his constant support and encouragement to ease my concerns (I was still asking him last night about my plan to send a document through webform and he replied me not to complicate things and keep calm). May God reward you abundantly.

Thanks to Chocs for her input on my LOE, she dedicated her time to give me detailed feedback. May God bless her.

Thanks to Lekiboboe and Justmellow. I reached out to both for their opinions on my study plans. May God ease both their affairs.

I am grateful to my friends who turned up at critical moments and helped me navigate the whole process flawlessly. JosephYemsol who drove me to Alagbọn for PCC and also drove me to VFS office for biometric. Also, Atiteb4 who personally accompanied me to IOM clinic and waited till I got the whole upfront medical process sorted. I pray that their applications be successful too.

And finally, I am grateful to everyone on this platform; the insights, opinions, testimonies, questions and answers were really helpful through out the process (both application and waiting period).

Amen.....

Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Ade2303: 2:01pm On Jun 29, 2021
Pinkey2021:
IT IS PPR MY PEOPLE!!! WHERE ARE MY FELLOW MARCH FOLKS??!!!

GOD IS TOO MUCH.

PLEASE NOTE: VERY VERY VERY LONG POST!!!

This journey started last year (click on my moniker to read my first post on thread 18 to get an idea of what I’m talking about).

CANADA HAS BEEN A BIG DREAM OF MINE. I’VE BEEN ALMOST EVERYWHERE BUT CANADA (LOL).

I PRAYED THIS APPROVAL INTO EXISTENCE. I FASTED, KEPT DOING MIDNIGHT PRAYERS AND JOINED NSPPD PRAYER ALTAR WITH PASTOR JERRY EZE DAILY, BECAUSE THERE’S A HUGE POTENTIAL BUSINESS/CAREER OPPORTUNITY I’M HOPING TO EXPLORE IN CANADA AFTER MY STUDIES AND THIS ROUTE IS THE BEST WAY I KNOW TO ACHIEVE IT. THROUGH THIS ROUTE I’LL BE KILLING THE PROVERBIAL TWO BIRDS WITH ONE STONE, (THAT IS GETTING A CANADIAN QUALIFICATION WHICH WILL AID A GREAT DEAL WITH THIS PARTICULAR OPPORTUNITY). AND TODAY GOD DID IT!!!

This was a Self Sponsorship Application

SECTION ONE
MAIN DOCUMENTS
➡️All Required Immigration Forms:
imm1294e (Application for Study Permit Made Outside Canada)
imm5257b (Application for Temporary Residence)
imm5645e (Family Information Form)

REQUIRED DOCUMENTS:
➡️ TABLE OF CONTENTS
➡️Letters of Acceptance — Old and New (After refusal last year I deferred from Fall 2020 to Fall 2021.
PROOF OF FINANCIAL SUPPORT
➡️CSCS Stock/Share statement showing current value exceeding N5M

➡️Reference letter from my Stock broker

➡️myBankStatement certificate & password showing sufficient funds for my living expenses, my flight ticket and other miscellaneous expenses throughout the duration of my stay in Canada

➡️Bank Reference Letter

➡️Proof of Rental Income (Lease agreements & rent receipts of 6 of our fully rented properties) as additional sources and proof of funds.

➡️DLI Invoice and Full 1yr Tuition Receipt

➡️Business CAC certificate of Incorporation

➡️Tax certificate

➡️Company business card

➡️Business Investment Receipts, Invoices, and Import Duties

➡️Notarized certificate of Net worth of our immovable investments with their current value totaling over N350M✔️

SECTION TWO
CLIENT INFORMATION SECTION
➡️Statement of Purpose/Explanation
➡️Degrees and Transcripts
➡️Husband’s letter of Consent

HOME TIES & FAMILY
➡️Marriage certificate
➡️Husband and Children’s Passports
➡️Pictures with my Family—husband and children

HOME & ECONOMIC TIES
➡️Deeds of Assignment, Conveyance, and Property Management Agreement of three of our properties
➡️Pension Certificate
➡️Pictures of my business premises
➡️Husband’s business CAC registration
➡️Car papers for three of our vehicles

HOME & PROFESSIONAL TIES
➡️CV
➡️Current Contract with a global establishment
➡️Letter of Introduction and Recommendation from former bosses and business associates
➡️Pictures with business associates on business trips abroad
➡️Past employment: Employment Offer, Confirmation, Letter of Increase & Resignation Letters

TRAVEL HISTORY
➡️Old International passports showing Visas & several stamps of entry and exit to several countries including USA, Europe, etc

Application Timeline:

Application Submitted: 4th March, 2021

Biometrics Done: on 25th September, 2020 (yet to be updated on my GC Key account/portal).

Background Check: commenced 5th March, 2021

Upfront Medical: 25th February, 2021 (submitted with my application on 4th Mar. But was only updated on 16th June same day after I resent it)

Ordered GCMS Notes: May 25th

Received GCMS Notes: June 24th (nothing much was in it). Was contemplating sending another one next week.

Eligibility Review: commenced 24th June

BVL/PPR: June 26

Going for a 1yr PG certificate.

This was a 2nd Application. First application I did not include any of the above documents. I was a complete novice. (Lol). I didn’t even include my Tuition receipt or CAC or property docs, nothing at all, just my LOA, qualifications and passport that’s all.

But thank God for Nairaland where I learned everything I needed to know for a successful application (especially, as a self-sponsored applicant).

Also, since I didn’t include vital docs in my last application, I decided to overload them with documents this time around grin grin

I keyed in to @justexcellent testimony of his approval and wrote out the same prayer points he used while I fasted earlier this year.

God bless you all richly and establish us in our quests for destiny fulfillment. A big thank you goes out to @frankrobbn, @justmellow, @justexcellent (for that wonderful and inspiring testimony), @lekiboboe for your tireless constant help here, and of course to everyone new and old who has contributed to the success of this thread thereby helping fulfill destinies. God bless and reward you all abundantly in Jesus Mighty name.

End Note: my love letter arrived while I was praying this morning by 4am. Didn’t realize it until I checked by 12noon thereabout.

Didn’t know they send PPRs on Saturdays!!!

INDEED WHAT GOD CANNOT DO DOES NOT EXIST.

A very big congratulations to you Pinkey, you have my best wishes�
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by IntimidationJay: 2:03pm On Jun 29, 2021
EmeeNaka:
I usually start by thanking them for their efforts in processing our applications amid COVID 19 associated difficulties. Then I remind them about my application, encouraging them to conclude on it with a decision
cos bro….May applicants are getting PPR and we April applicant nothing yet!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Frankrobbn1: 2:03pm On Jun 29, 2021
Freebands01:

Hello Mr frank, I have a friend in this situation also. She couldn’t meet up with the NSE route. Please how does she sign electronically on her CIC portal?

The portal should be open for her to upload documents for the NSE request. She should provide supporting evidence that corroborates that she doesn't require proof of English Proficiency.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by TennieYF: 2:03pm On Jun 29, 2021
Same school as mine, use Form A
TheDarkGamer:

University of Alberta
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ODUNESKI: 2:09pm On Jun 29, 2021
Hi Frank,

Can someone submit a GRE result in place of the IELTS even if the deadline has passed?
Thank you.

Frankrobbn1:

The portal should be open for her to upload documents for the NSE request. She should provide supporting evidence that corroborates that she doesn't require proof of English Proficiency.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by SAF2K: 2:18pm On Jun 29, 2021
[Congratulationssssss more good news coming.quote author=SuomyNona post=103193880]LONG POST !!!

All praise to God.

Application Timeline:

Key Details:

- Sponsor's work ID

Client Information:
- IELTS certificate
- Birth certificate
- NYSC certificate
- Work employment letter
- Work reference letter
- Work I.D card
- Detailed CV
- Conference papers
- Publication

May all our desires be granted.[/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Freebands01: 2:21pm On Jun 29, 2021
Frankrobbn1:

It will end in praise
Okay thank you for your reply
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by DeeApproved: 2:25pm On Jun 29, 2021
Iberisamuel90:
School- Ogun state school of dental sciences
Course- Dental Technology
Age- 26

Please guys who can recommend school dat can offer post graduate course on my field of study and d school tuition shouldn't be more dan 7k cad for first semester.

Thanks �

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Chukwuemekatehi(m): 2:26pm On Jun 29, 2021
Congratulations
SuomyNona:
LONG POST !!!

All praise to God.

Application Timeline:

Key Details:

- Sponsor's work ID

Client Information:
- IELTS certificate
- Birth certificate
- NYSC certificate
- Work employment letter
- Work reference letter
- Work I.D card
- Detailed CV
- Conference papers
- Publication

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by DeeApproved: 2:27pm On Jun 29, 2021
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by DeeApproved: 2:35pm On Jun 29, 2021
HartyA:
Good morning sir, pls my application has being on since February 18 uptill now, nothing I also didn't do an upfront medical and got a destressing mail this morning from the Nairobi office

Good afternoon sir, thanks for the support for us so far. The Lord Almighty shall grants all good desires, help shall rise for u when u need one in Jesus name. Please how can I reach your through email or phone number.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by DeeApproved: 2:35pm On Jun 29, 2021
DeeApproved:

Good afternoon sir, thanks for the support for us so far. The Lord Almighty shall grants all good desires, help shall rise for u when u need one in Jesus name. Please how can I reach your through email or phone number.
@frankrobbn1
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Shenaniganzzz: 2:36pm On Jun 29, 2021
Piecoco:
Greetings my fellow Nairalanders!

WHAT GOD CAN NOT DO, DOES NOT EXIST.

LONG POST ALERT!!

It has ended in praise! Never Give Up on your dreams!

congratulations dear... so your ppr came on my birthday!!! you're blessed. May Canada favor you amen

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by IntimidationJay: 2:38pm On Jun 29, 2021
EmeeNaka:
Bro, what’s the link for Nairobi office webform please.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Thompsonpet(m): 2:40pm On Jun 29, 2021
SuomyNona:
LONG POST !!!

All praise to God.

Application Timeline:

Key Details:

- Sponsor's work ID

Client Information:
- IELTS certificate
- Birth certificate
- NYSC certificate
- Work employment letter
- Work reference letter
- Work I.D card
- Detailed CV
- Conference papers
- Publication

Congratulations!! God is Great.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by may99(f): 2:42pm On Jun 29, 2021
Congratulations!!

SuomyNona:
LONG POST !!!

All praise to God.

Application Timeline:

Guess it is safe to say that PPR is in the corner of some ppl whose eligibility started in May. Praying for positive decision for most.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Iffylove: 2:47pm On Jun 29, 2021
Okay, thank you very much
Freebands01:

You only get invite within 24hours for biometrics when you submit your application and it takes like 1- 2hours to get done when you go for biometrics. All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Iffylove: 2:47pm On Jun 29, 2021
Okay, thank you
may99:

Yes, it is possible but not advisable. You can book an appointment but unless you have a request letter from IRCC, you won’t be able to get it done.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by jfrazzy(m): 2:48pm On Jun 29, 2021
SAF2K:
[Congratulationssssss more good news coming.quote author=SuomyNona post=103193880]LONG POST !!!

All praise to God.

Application Timeline:

Key Details:

- Sponsor's work ID

Client Information:
- IELTS certificate
- Birth certificate
- NYSC certificate
- Work employment letter
- Work reference letter
- Work I.D card
- Detailed CV
- Conference papers
- Publication

Massive congratulations
But how did you know you had a ghost update .. make us understand ghost update
I submitted since October 31st 2020..

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by may99(f): 2:50pm On Jun 29, 2021
lawfree638:

Congratulation.

CA will favour you. Amen

I can feel it. It almost here. I submitted May 9. Although Eligbilty started June 11.

Same. God and PPR is our neighborhood. Amen.

Submission May 11. Eligibility June 14

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by makano: 2:55pm On Jun 29, 2021
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by makano: 2:58pm On Jun 29, 2021
You will receive a notification that you have a message/update in your profile, but when you open your profile, no message or update.. But in some days/weeks you will actually get an update in your application.. Ghost update is a sign of things to come with your application. Peace
jfrazzy:

Massive congratulations
But how did you know you had a ghost update .. make us understand ghost update
I submitted since October 31st 2020..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by jfrazzy(m): 3:03pm On Jun 29, 2021
makano:
You will receive a notification that you have a message/update in your profile, but when you open your profile, no message or update.. But in some days/weeks you will actually get an update in your application.. Ghost update is a sign of things to come with your application. Peace
Thanks for this information
I am waiting and tapping in your glory
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Frankrobbn1: 3:08pm On Jun 29, 2021
SuomyNona:
LONG POST !!!

All praise to God.

Application Timeline:

Key Details:

- Sponsor's work ID

Client Information:
- IELTS certificate
- Birth certificate
- NYSC certificate
- Work employment letter
- Work reference letter
- Work I.D card
- Detailed CV
- Conference papers
- Publication

Congratulations to you bro @SuomyNona on the successful outcome of your study permit application. I appreciate you for the compliments and best wishes. Thank you for taking the time to share your invaluable experience in the process. I am happy to have been a part of your successful student visa application and wish you all the best in Canada!

It will end in praise

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) ... (676)

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General Australian Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.