Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,430 members, 7,881,578 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 12:25 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 - Travel (344) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 (732141 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) ... (676) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Omankem8(f): 10:19am On Jul 12, 2021
Amen and Amen. Let all my errors be covered by grace and mercy, in the name of Jesus, Amen

Johnpaul94:
Lord, as we pray for our PPR, let your will and promises for our PPR come to fulfillment in Jesus name. Amen! I decree the manifestation of PPR, God's blessing and favour in our applications in the name of Jesus. Amen!

We have crossed over! #NLP

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Kunfu(m): 10:20am On Jul 12, 2021
Johnpaul94:
Lord, as we pray for our PPR, let your will and promises for our PPR come to fulfillment in Jesus name. Amen! I decree the manifestation of PPR, God's blessing and favour in our applications in the name of Jesus. Amen!

Amen o
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Oreoluwamipo: 10:23am On Jul 12, 2021
Barakalaufihi FAM , may Canada favor you!

Bhee97:

Alhamdulillah PPR!! ...i have bn a silent reader although i got to know this thread after my agent submitted my application in February 2021

First visa approved 2015. (1 year)
Renewal approved 2018 (5 years)
Visited 2019

Non nse(no request )
Application submitted—————— feb 8 2021
Upfront biometrics
Medical request —————————june 3rd 2021
Medical appointment————— June 25th 2021
Medical passed ____________July 4th 2021
Passport request ____________July 7th 2021

Documents submitted

•Dad’s personal account statement(not mbs)
•Dad’s Business documents
•Dad’s house documents and pictures
•Dad’s NIM as form of identification
•Signed letter of sponsorship
•My personal/salary accnt statement (not mbs)
•My letter of employment
•My work id card
•My NIM
•Letter of purpose (one page)
•Cv/resume
•NYSC call up letter
•NYSC certificate
•Uni certificate (bsc financial management 2:1)
•Uni transcripts
•Original WAEC cert
•Acceptance letter(Seneca college ,financial planning)
•First semester school fees receipt (7,800 CAD) and telex copy from bank showing it was paid from my dad’s account
•Bank letter of consent
•Enrolment letter( registered my courses already because i started my classes online before applying for my visa ), stated it in my letter of purpose I’m submitting a late letter of acceptance because I started my classes already...

Alhamdulillah when i discovered this thread i started having doubts about my application especially with my 1page letter of purpose although my agent checked it and she was fine with it ...Almighty Allah did it for me...grace and favour located my application ..praying and fasting pays.... ...Alhamdulillah. ..May what we all desire locate us very soon...Amin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by TennieYF: 10:24am On Jul 12, 2021
Good morning everyone.
I sent an email this morning about my application exceeding standard processing time and got this response from Lagos office.

1. Does this mean that Lagos is the office handling my file not Nairobi?
2. The statement about not sending any more emails is that a threat and are there consequences or it's just a generic response they always give.
Would appreciate a response. Thank you.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Omankem8(f): 10:24am On Jul 12, 2021
With full speed, go and find a more reliable way to make another payment and write a letter stating what happened, this could cause you to have a procedure fairness letter, that could result to ban if not attended to well. What's wrong with people sef? How cam someone pay you and you go chargeback IRCC? People are just wicked!

UnyimeOcean:
Hi guys, please how do I go about this. The person I paid to make this payment for me charged back the money without informing me. I got this from IRCC this morning
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by TennieYF: 10:26am On Jul 12, 2021
Honestly this is my prayer too. God cover all my errors and magnify my strong points. This is our week of PPR! AMEN!

Omankem8:
Amen and Amen. Let all my errors be covered by grace and mercy, in the name of Jesus, Amen

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Oreoluwamipo: 10:28am On Jul 12, 2021
Hi Teenie, Is there any improvement on your gcms note? Rooting for you!

Teenie19:
June 8. it came in today.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by madamg: 10:39am On Jul 12, 2021
Does it mean one can actually contact their DLI to inquire about the status of their study permit application?

Babl:
Hello everyone, please i really need an urgent response cos im not sure what next to do. Thankfully i applied for a study permit in February 26th alongside my husband and 2kids which has been approved but that of my family is yet to be finalized.

With the advice of @ frankrobbin i contacted the MP for Niagara region as Niagara college is my DLI. I received a response saying that IRCC is reviewing eligibility requirements of their application ( last week). @frankrobbin please you mentioned a letter of authorization from IRCC for my spouse, how do i apply? Please gurus in the house, this delay is killing and not allowing us plan effectively. What can i do? What options do I have? My program starts in September. Please help me
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ritzzybaron: 10:41am On Jul 12, 2021
Eerrrm! You didn’t say the reason why they should send you DM tho.

SuomyNona:
Anybody attending any of the 3 institutions (U of Toronto, Ryerson University and George Brown College) at downtown Toronto should send dm.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nikky6: 10:47am On Jul 12, 2021
Jubileefraizer:

Also did upfront medical on the 1st, it hasn't been uploaded either even after sending web forms. We just have to wait.

They have to mail you or text you that they have sent your medical result to the embassy then you can be checking your mail.it won’t even notify you that you got a mail you will just see it pop up after viewing your application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Cloudweb: 10:54am On Jul 12, 2021
Please can you provide me with FRANK ROBEN contact, so that i can connect with him....I really need him to help me in reviewing my SOP before i submit my application please!

please, I really need his contact ASAP

Help me out!

Thanks!

Backcheck:
Welcome to part 19 of this thread!

This space has been booked for my Testimony, by the grace of God!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nikky6: 10:56am On Jul 12, 2021
Please, who chose memorial university and is going for this fall?

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Cloudweb: 10:57am On Jul 12, 2021
Please how can i get to contact Frank Robben, i really need him to help me out on my SOP.

Please somebody help me out.

Thanks!

madamg:

Does it mean one can actually contact their DLI to inquire about the status of their study permit application?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by OmaJoe1: 11:03am On Jul 12, 2021
lawfree638:

This is true and equally not totally true. I'm sorry for using both.

It's true because an official once told me Vaccine is running low and wouldn't be a full scale till August.

However, I can categorically tell you that Vaccine is available (both first and second dose) but it's been hoarded. The playbook is knowing someone that can help, at times, it comes with a cost (the Nigeria scenario).

You can take the first dose today if you see a center that is administering such and in the next six weeks, then the second dose.

Thank you Lawfree638 for your swift response. Do you know of a center or probably someone that can help me get the first dose?

Thank you in anticipation for a response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by lawfree638: 11:05am On Jul 12, 2021
OmaJoe1:

Thank you Lawfree638 for your swift response. Do you know of a center or probably someone that can help me get the first dose?

Thank you in anticipation for a response.

Unfortunately, I don't have anyone at the current moment. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Cloudweb: 11:08am On Jul 12, 2021
Boss@frankrobbin1, please boss, how can i contact you? i happen to apply for study permit for the first time last year and i was refused as a result of my SOP. Now, am i want to reapply and i really need you to help me review my SOP. i will be very happy if i hear from you.
This is my email, enwedavid@gmail.com. You can drop me a mail or drop your contact so that i can reach you asap. Or is there any better way i can reach you?

Please i really need your assistance asap

Thanks!

Frankrobbn1:
Congratulations in advance to everyone on this honourable thread!.

I would like to use this opportunity to officially welcome you all to the Canada Student Visa Thread PART 19, a new dawn, moment of jubilation and testimony. On this faithful day by the power in the name of Jesus Christ, I speak in life into every TRV applications in and out side of this thread awaiting response from IRCC. Today, I come with the full anointing of the Holy Ghost and I stand as an Oracle of the Most high God and I decree and declare as many of you that are believing God for TRV success, may God in heaven open every closed doors in your life and may the Visa officers at the Canadian embassy be forced to grant you your visas... Indeed, WHAT GOD CANNOT DO DOES NOT EXIST!!!!!. I therefore call forth the heavenly beings (Archangles) to take charge of every applications on this platform and perfect everything that concerns your application this time.

If you believe strongly in the grace of God Almighty, as you punch on the LIKE BUTTON, may heaven intervene in your case and may your application find favour in the sight of the visa officer. As you shout the loudest AMEN!, may it come to perfection in Jesus name.

Your Case is settled forever... Go and Rejoice for your success story is near.

Part 19 Grace --------------------------》100%Loaded!

Cc: @Justwise thanks for the update & acknowledging my request. We look forward to a more productive days and success stories on this thread.

As always, IT WILL END IN PRAISES FOR EVERYONE

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by lawfree638: 11:10am On Jul 12, 2021
Cloudweb:
Boss@frankrobbin1, please boss, how can i contact you? i happen to apply for study permit for the first time last year and i was refused as a result of my SOP. Now, am i want to reapply and i really need you to help me review my SOP. i will be very happy if i hear from you.
This is my email, enwedavid@gmail.com. You can drop me a mail or drop your contact so that i can reach you asap. Or is there any better way i can reach you?

Please i really need your assistance asap

Thanks!

Hi,

Please reach out to him on the below. Find contact on his website. All the best. Frank is more than capable.

https://fandrglobal.com/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lekiboboe: 11:13am On Jul 12, 2021
donmyzy:
I'm applying for a student visa and I need help establish good ties back to naija
- I'm applying for pgd at Nbcc
- I have 2 siblings in new Brunswick
- My dad is sponsoring me
- I just finished uni and nysc
-currently job hunting
What can I do to improve my chances for a successful application

Please I need your advice

As regards Ties to Home Country, read this
https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/226#98824852

Since you just finished NYSC, your Work Experience (employment) explanation on your SOP would be about your Job at your PPA, and you would also list evidentiary documents to serve as a proof of your work Experience. You don't need to state Job hunting on your SOP

On your IMM FORM, when asked of Employment or Name of job, just write the word "NYSC"

BELOW ARE DOCUMENTS YOU WOULD/MIGHT BE NEEDING BASE ON YOUR , BIOGRAPHY, FAMILY, DAD, ACADEMICS etc.

Potential Documents for "Education"
- Academic Transcript
- Certificate of Highest Degree (University)
- WAEC or NECO Result (Online Print out & High School Copy) or WAEC or NECO CERTIFICATE
- Letter of Confirmation of English Language Proficiency (from the SCH. you graduated from) - this might not be compulsory

"Employment"
- NYSC Posting Letter
- Call-Up Letter
- NYSC ID Card
- NYSC Discharge Certificate
- Recommendation letter from your PPA (Place of Primary Assignment)
- Pictures of you at your PPA

Potential Documents to show your "Ties to your Home Country"
- Landed Property documents e.g
Survey plans of the properties
Deed of Conveyance
Miscellaneous land Receipts & Stamp duties
Memorandum of Land Sales
- Old Picture of you, your Dad or Dad_Mum & Siblings
- Siblings Birth Certificates
- Convocation Picture with your Dad & Mum (if any)

Leadership Certificates (if any)
- CDS Exco (NYSC)
- Corpers' fellowship

Other Documents
- SOP
- Your Birth Certificate
- Police Clearance Certificate (might not be compulsory)
- Certificate of Origin
- Resume , if possible make it a Canadian Style Resume or CV
- Picture of you and other Executives of in your CDS (NYSC) - if you were an exco during your NYSC
- Convocation Picture (if any)

Potential "Sponsor Documents (DAD)"
- Sponsorship Letter
- Sworn Affidavit of Support
- Tuition fee Payment Receipt from School
- Telex Receipt (from FORM A payment) or Fly wire receipt or any other receipt (Tuition Payment Receipt from Bank) to the SCH.
- Sponsor's 6 month Bank Statement of Account (Hard Copy of MybankStatement -MBS)
- Bank Reference Letter (Addressed to the High Commission of Canada)
- Sponsor's International Passport Data pages & stamped visa pages showing travel Histories (if any) or other Means of Identification
- CAC Certificate of Business Incorporation & other attached documents (if he is a business man)
- Sponsor's Letter of Appointment (if he is a Federal Govt. Staff)
- Sponsor's Last Letter of Promotion
- Sponsors Letter of Retirement (if retired)
- Current ID Card or ID Card if retired while in Active service
- Last Pay Slip
- Recent Picture of Dad and Son (You)

Everything you need to know about SOP & how to draft yours
https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/523#100849022

Await more response from the gurus to your questions, and to your other questions

Good luck!

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Beebeegirll: 11:18am On Jul 12, 2021
Nikky6:
Please, who chose memorial university and is going for this fall?
Hello

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lekiboboe: 11:24am On Jul 12, 2021
Pee2Jay9:
Very apt response, your emotional intelligence and patience should be studied. Great job still keeping the thread active, well done Lekan

cheesy
Nagode Sosai Pee2Jay9 , been a while, trust you are doing great and having good time, it's nice hearing from you. Wish you more exploits

Regards

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Alchemist01: 11:32am On Jul 12, 2021
Hello guys,

I will be travelling to Canada on a Monday and arriving in Canada on a Tuesday. I am in a dilemma about when I should do my covid test. If I do it on Friday afternoon, by monday afternoon, 72 hrs would have elapsed. Is there any covid testing center that operates on Satuday or Sunday?

If yes, how much do they do the covid test ?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by KindlyHelp1: 11:33am On Jul 12, 2021
Pls what is GIC
Legacyedition:

Pay your school fees for the whole duration of study if you can. Do GIC also if you can. That will resist the urge to shalaye again. cheesy
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by lawfree638: 11:36am On Jul 12, 2021
KindlyHelp1:
Pls what is GIC

What's a GIC (Guaranteed Investment Certificate)?
A GIC is an investment account that offers a guaranteed interest rate over a fixed period of time. With the Scotiabank Student GIC Program you can invest between $10,000 CAD – $50,000 CAD.

So when you are in Canada, You will receive the funds monthly for your upkeep.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by OCT202020: 11:39am On Jul 12, 2021
nabilahka:
I just got Medical Request.

March 3rd Applicant.

Lucky you
Congratulations
Let the planning begin. I just pray you'll be able to get a swap with someone

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Testimonytime: 11:48am On Jul 12, 2021
nabilahka:
I just got Medical Request.

March 3rd Applicant.
Congrats in advance. It has ended in praise.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Olanrewajuluke1(m): 11:48am On Jul 12, 2021
Am seriously tired anytime I remembered my Application since October last last year, pls the fastest way to get GCMS
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by OCT202020: 11:49am On Jul 12, 2021
OmaJoe1:
Good morn]ng Nairalanders,
May God favour everyone who is expectant of PPR and medical request from IRCC.

Is it true that government approved centers NO LONGER ADMINISTER THE COVID-19 VACCINE TO THOSE WHO NEED IT? Is it true that vaccination is on hold till AUGUST? What is the shortest possible time one can get vaccinated for the first dose precisely.

Thanks in anticipation for a response.

The vaccination is done in phases, and I think July 7th was the last day for the recent batch.
I believe we should have some nairalanders in medical line ,who'll feed us with the correct info.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by OmaJoe1: 11:57am On Jul 12, 2021
OCT202020:

The vaccination is done in phases, and I think July 7th was the last day for the recent batch.
I believe we should have some nairalanders in medical line ,who'll feed us with the correct info.

Thank you @OCT202020. Please house whoever that has information on how to get vaccinated with the Astrazeneca vaccine for first dose should kindly help me.

Thanks in anticipation for a response.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by base83: 12:05pm On Jul 12, 2021
I have been to two centres today and got the August/September reply too.
Please whoever has information on a centre actively still giving the first dose should assist with details.
The Sept date defeats the purpose of full vaccination before travel for Fall intake.

lawfree638:

This is true and equally not totally true. I'm sorry for using both.

It's true because an official once told me Vaccine is running low and wouldn't be a full scale till August.

However, I can categorically tell you that Vaccine is available (both first and second dose) but it's been hoarded. The playbook is knowing someone that can help, at times, it comes with a cost (the Nigeria scenario).

You can take the first dose today if you see a center that is administering such and in the next six weeks, then the second dose.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by OCT202020: 12:07pm On Jul 12, 2021
UnyimeOcean:
Hi guys, please how do I go about this. The person I paid to make this payment for me charged back the money without informing me. I got this from IRCC this morning

When will CBN even lift this yeyenatu limit sef, so many people are falling prey to all these wicked scammers.

You need to act fast,open a dorm account by yourself or pay using a trusted person dollar account, another option is fluter wave, and I think there's this virtual option run by wema bank.

Which ever you choose,be speedy with it and don't forget to back it up with a well written note, explaining what actually transpired.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by BellaIni: 12:13pm On Jul 12, 2021
Great response.However, Scotiabank doesnt offer GIC for Nigerians as at the last time i checked.
CIBC is the only one.Google CIBC GIC for more details.The max amount is 20,000CAD.Due to all the international banking limits in Nigeria and fact that payment can only be made once,max amount you can deposit is 10k.You also have to own a domicillary acc as payment must be made from an acc in yoir name.

Note that once you are in canada,payment will be re imbursed in installments.Hope this helps

lawfree638:

What's a GIC (Guaranteed Investment Certificate)?
A GIC is an investment account that offers a guaranteed interest rate over a fixed period of time. With the Scotiabank Student GIC Program you can invest between $10,000 CAD – $50,000 CAD.

So when you are in Canada, You will receive the funds monthly for your upkeep.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by OCT202020: 12:14pm On Jul 12, 2021
Babl:
Hello everyone, please i really need an urgent response cos im not sure what next to do. Thankfully i applied for a study permit in February 26th alongside my husband and 2kids which has been approved but that of my family is yet to be finalized.

With the advice of @ frankrobbin i contacted the MP for Niagara region as Niagara college is my DLI. I received a response saying that IRCC is reviewing eligibility requirements of their application ( last week). @frankrobbin please you mentioned a letter of authorization from IRCC for my spouse, how do i apply? Please gurus in the house, this delay is killing and not allowing us plan effectively. What can i do? What options do I have? My program starts in September. Please help me

Try this out ma

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) ... (676)

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General Australian Visa Enquiries

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.