Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,992 members, 7,873,199 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:49 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 - Travel (355) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 (729102 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) ... (676) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Jeff5gold: 4:22pm On Jul 13, 2021
LadyBlaq:
Hello House!

KLM 8th September....

Looking for a travel buddy, hit me up please...

KLM August 2 grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by makano: 4:23pm On Jul 13, 2021
How do you mean it wont be enough? Didn't you submit SOA with your application when applying? Or the money in that account isn't enough? I am just asking to know why you are worried... If you can't give a convincing reason than just being worried, then I will advise you shouldn't send any additional SOA if they didn't ask for it... If IRCC need additional documents from an applicant, they will ask.... So don't be too forward submitting what they didn't ask from you.... Like I said earlier, if you don't have a genuine or convincing reason than being worried, please do not submit, If they need additional documents as regards ur finances, they will contact you... Peace
Alwayszilla:
Thanks I was worried it won't be enough
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by RichieJayy: 4:25pm On Jul 13, 2021
Am still trying to figure out this accommodation thing. Rent for a month on Airbnb is really on the high side. Any easier solution will be appreciated. Conestoga Student (Doon campus)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by SweetJJ: 4:25pm On Jul 13, 2021
Some of us no dey hear word oo. They have been advising everyone to do upfront medical. Now see. I pray the brother that was sent medical request finds his way out.

If you are new, better do yourself a favor and do upfront medical. It saves time.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by lawfree638: 4:27pm On Jul 13, 2021
IF YOU ARE WAITING FOR ANY IRCC FEEDBACK AND YOU HAVE NOT DONE YOUR MEDICAL, PLEASE GO AND DO UPFRONT MEDICAL.

If you don't do it now, and IRCC asked for your medical, the chance of you meeting fall 2021 resumption deadline is Slim (although slightly achievable).

BOOKING FOR MEDICALS IS ALREADY IN END OF AUGUST-EARLY SEPTEMBER.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Alwayszilla: 4:27pm On Jul 13, 2021
Please how can you book an appointment for
upfront medicals at IOM and How much I wanted to book at Qlife but the next available date is August 25th and I need the medicals before July 28th
Also how much is it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by lawfree638: 4:28pm On Jul 13, 2021
SweetJJ:
Some of us no dey hear word oo. They have been advising everyone to do upfront medical. Now see. I pray the brother that was sent medical request finds his way out.

If you are new, better do yourself a favor and do upfront medical. It saves time.

Honestly, I told someone in May. The person fight me.

Now, That person is thanking me cos I dragged her to the centre.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lianna2020: 4:28pm On Jul 13, 2021
As in, I don’t know why they don’t want to do it but rather wait .

Latest date is from September if it’s not filled up already .
SweetJJ:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lianna2020: 4:28pm On Jul 13, 2021
I wish I can use outside emoji grin grin cheesy cheesy
lawfree638:

Honestly, I told someone in May. The person fight me.

Now, That person is thanking me cos I dragged her to the centre.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lianna2020: 4:30pm On Jul 13, 2021
The date you see is what you are going to get except there’s any one willing to change the date which I doubt.

Just type iom on google .
Alwayszilla:
upfront medicals at IOM and How much I wanted to book at Qlife but the next available date is August 25th and I need the medicals before July 28th
Also how much is it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Esmer: 4:30pm On Jul 13, 2021
RichieJayy:
Am still trying to figure out this accommodation thing. Rent for a month on Airbnb is really on the high side. Any easier solution will be appreciated. Conestoga Student (Doon campus)

Join our WhatsApp group by sending your number to mudiwest@yahoo.com

I’m going to doon campus but still waiting for ppr
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lekiboboe: 4:32pm On Jul 13, 2021
Alwayszilla:
Also how much is it
https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/233#98887195
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Olaa123: 4:32pm On Jul 13, 2021
@Lianna2020

Please I need your help.
How did you go about booking your quarantine hotel. A friend has been trying to book @Crowne Plaza to no avail. Is it possible to pay over the counter? Or is the hotel deposit refundable if she later gets exempt from the 3 day hotel quarantine?

Thank you so much.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by EmeeNaka: 4:32pm On Jul 13, 2021
lawfree638:

Awesome!!

Secure one first!
All these White people sef. They will just be making things look difficult. I just hope it doesn't affect Study Permit application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by meemeeibrahim22: 4:32pm On Jul 13, 2021
Blavkmaann:

Chief, I have a question, where did they turn you back? Is it in Nigerian airport or Toronto airport?

My flight is 5 weeks to resumption and Turkish is telling me to pay 150k to reschedule, so I’m looking at taking the risk, Wetin you advice chief

Same here my own is 4weeks 5days to resumption I’m using BA and I think I will have to risk it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by SweetJJ: 4:33pm On Jul 13, 2021
See what we are saying....
July 28th? Am not sure you will see an open space.... just go there and beg and explain to them.....and pray that they will understand.

We have been shouting upfront medical, upfront medical....to avoid stories like this. I wish you well oo

Alwayszilla:
Also how much is it

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by lawfree638: 4:35pm On Jul 13, 2021
Lianna2020:
As in, I don’t know why they don’t want to do it but rather wait .

Latest date is from September if it’s not filled up already .

I want to say something here but people will fight me again.

Lemme keep quiet.

I'm just sad that seeing that people are getting medical request from IRCC and can't do until Late August. Knowing that medical result wouldnt be uploaded till 3-10days later. Again, our Oga - IRCC will now use like 3-5days to make decision. That is like 15-20days after medical is done before any feedback of PPR can be gotten from IRCC.

People that are getting medical now, assuming upfront has been done, it would have been PPR.

Now, PPR con scarce. Medical requests up and down.

God help us.

We will all celebrate las las.

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by lawfree638: 4:36pm On Jul 13, 2021
EmeeNaka:
All these White people sef. They will just be making things look difficult. I just hope it doesn't affect Study Permit application

It will only affect if they want to close down the campus.

You Are Covered, sir.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by meemeeibrahim22: 4:37pm On Jul 13, 2021
Hi everyone please are they still giving COVID vaccine shot? I heard the portals are closed I am trying to confirm
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by feiliufushui: 4:38pm On Jul 13, 2021
Please add me to the group.WhatsApp+8618654868585
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by meemeeibrahim22: 4:38pm On Jul 13, 2021
CHIKACIC:

6 weeks.

1st dose: June 21st
2nd dose: August 2nd

Hello dear
I heard they are no longer giving the vaccine until end of August or September. Any idea if that’s true ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lianna2020: 4:38pm On Jul 13, 2021
I paid over the counter and I used same hotel .
But book so you can show as proof.
Olaa123:
@Lianna2020

Please I need your help.
How did you go about booking your quarantine hotel. A friend has been trying to book @Crowne Plaza to no avail. Is it possible to pay over the counter? Or is the hotel deposit refundable if she later gets exempt from the 3 day hotel quarantine?

Thank you so much.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by EmeeNaka: 4:38pm On Jul 13, 2021
lawfree638:

It will only affect if they want to close down the campus.

You Are Covered, sir.
Okay, that's good to hear. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by lawfree638: 4:39pm On Jul 13, 2021
meemeeibrahim22:
Hi everyone please are they still giving COVID vaccine shot? I heard the portals are closed I am trying to confirm

Vaccine will resume in August when the next batch are in.

My best guess is that it will resume second week of August.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Olaa123: 4:39pm On Jul 13, 2021
Lianna2020:
I paid over the counter and I used same hotel .
But book so you can show as proof.

Can I ask how much that was. Also can you book without paying a deposit?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by lawfree638: 4:40pm On Jul 13, 2021
meemeeibrahim22:

Hello dear
I heard they are no longer giving the vaccine until end of August or September. Any idea if that’s true ?

True.... But with money, nothing is impossible in the Nigerian scenario.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lianna2020: 4:41pm On Jul 13, 2021
Yes someone helped book for me, put your credit card, they won’t deduct it.
Once I got there, I paid 700 cad or there about
Olaa123:

Can I ask how much that was. Also can you book without paying a deposit?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Olaa123: 4:43pm On Jul 13, 2021
Lianna2020:
Yes someone helped book for me, put your credit card, they won’t deduct it.
Once I got there, I paid 700 cad or there about

Thank you so much
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by RichieJayy: 4:49pm On Jul 13, 2021
Thanks.. Check your email.
Esmer:

Join our WhatsApp group by sending your number to mudiwest@yahoo.com

I’m going to doon campus but still waiting for ppr
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Bayor65: 4:53pm On Jul 13, 2021
OCT202020:

I'm sure we've got couple of them on this thread; NSE though
Okay thanks, mine is normal route and nothing yet, worried somehow
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Alwayszilla: 4:56pm On Jul 13, 2021
I don't think their site is working.. I tried booking a date from July 19 till August 31st they're saying no free dates and they couldn't let me enter September and I don't live in Lagos so I just can't enter there and ask

I'm talking about IOM via medicals
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by lawfree638: 4:57pm On Jul 13, 2021
Alwayszilla:
I don't think their site is working.. I tried booking a date from July 19 till August 31st they're saying no free dates and they couldn't let me enter September and I don't live in Lagos so I just can't enter there and ask

I'm talking about IOM via medicals
Try Qlife

(1) (2) (3) ... (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) ... (676)

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General Australian Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.